• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

North Wales ,The Llyn and Anglesey 2017

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
your not trying to pick anyone up are ya......you know entice us with the caravan/boudoir an all that

Deffo not a homo, men in wetsuits is not my thing lol. Got some mates in wales but none of them are up spearfishing so need to find some new mates that are. I have done scuba diving many moons ago but every time I saw a fish i just wanted to catch it. when I was on the training course in the lakes we were diving in the quarry with loads of trout swimming around (mum cooked me trout as a kid) . Anyway towards the end of the day I saw a fish swim past me with a deformed back so I thought I'm having you you little bastard. chased it and caught it with my hands I was well chuffed, I swam up to the surface to show off my catch to my fellow divers shouting get in there you little bastard but to my surprise they looked and me in discussed, this is when I knew scuba diving wasn't for me so went and got myself a speargun but now need helping tracking them down

only kiddin rich ill drop you a pm when im going down which should be very soon looking at the weather

Anyone been in recently?

Daf and I had a great weekend fishing the extremities of the South Llyn by boat - so many bass about, not just schoolies either, saw a few big ones - a couple of mega shoals went past which were pretty impressive - almost felt like the good old days circa-2010 when there were a lot more bass about. Still a bit chilly in the very deep spots but generally very fishy. Viz was very good, not much bloom. Pulled out some lovely lobsters, most of which were berried so were returned. Sea seemed very much alive.

Anyone been in recently?

Daf and I had a great weekend fishing the extremities of the South Llyn by boat - so many bass about, not just schoolies either, saw a few big ones - a couple of mega shoals went past which were pretty impressive - almost felt like the good old days circa-2010 when there were a lot more bass about. Still a bit chilly in the very deep spots but generally very fishy. Viz was very good, not much bloom. Pulled out some lovely lobsters, most of which were berried so were returned. Sea seemed very much alive.
I've not been in this year atall. Going to have a go a week on Thursday.
Sounds promising Mike!

I've not been in this year atall. Going to have a go a week on Thursday.
Sounds promising Mike!

Will, do you mean Thursday this week? If I'm home at a sensible hour tomorrow, I'll try and post a viz / conditions / fish update for you.

It's a neap tide and the wind has been low for weeks, viz-wise, it should be great - I personally don't like it when the water is too clear so hopefully, with a little bit of bloom, it should be cracking conditions.

Will, do you mean Thursday this week? If I'm home at a sensible hour tomorrow, I'll try and post a viz / conditions / fish update for you.

It's a neap tide and the wind has been low for weeks, viz-wise, it should be great - I personally don't like it when the water is too clear so hopefully, with a little bit of bloom, it should be cracking conditions.
Thanks for the offer Mike. It will be Wednesday or Thursday next week when I get chance. I totally agree with the visibility, I think any more than 3-4 m can be difficult unless you are hunting fish asleep in the kelp. I'm hoping the bloom won't be to bad and winds stay light and my engine starts!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT