• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Now I know we all love pizza . . .

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I used to have a gigantic frying pan my grandfather used to cook onions for the Elks and Shriners but it got recycled long ago. The problem would have been finding a burner and a broiler large enough to cook it. I think I'll stick with the stone . . .

This post is at least remotely related to pizza- perhaps the importance of pizza in binding divers together?

Gun maker Daryl came up from Hawaii this weekend. He dove with someone in San Diego and shot a 51 pound white sea bass with his GR Plus, then drove up to my house last night for a pizza party. I had Alex Ray, Joel Olenik, and Dam Nguyen over to meet him, along with wives of Alex and Joel. Joel's wife had to leave early to put the baby to bed, but then she found that her baby monitor works in our dining room, so she came back.

Daryl brought a GR Plus for Joel, but in the rush of making eight pizzas from scratch I didn't manage to get a photo. Take my word- its beautiful.

Daryl got the full treatment in San Diego. His fish took most of his reel line and tied up in the kelp on the bottom at 56 feet. It was murky down there, and when he found the fish, he couldn't understand why its was thrashing in such a strange way. Turned out that a 7-gill shark had it by the belly and was shaking it. He said he stabbed it 5 times with is knife, and it finally left when he hit it in the eye.

We were supposed to dive today and tomorrow, but he woke up with a very bad chest cold and we had to cancel today at least. I hope it wasn't something in the pizza. I'm hoping for a miraculous recovery by tomorrow.

Pizza is a tough menu for a large group and the cook doesn't get to sit down much, but I was close enough to the table to hear most of the stories/lies, and it was a lot of fun.

Attachments

• pizzanight.JPG
    pizzanight.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 250
  • girls.jpg
    girls.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
It turns out that my wife got a photo of Joel and Daryl with his new gun.

Attachments

• JoelandDaryl.jpg
    JoelandDaryl.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 239
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT