• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

PETA F&@#ers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Agreed, this is ridiculous. The persons involved in writing this should be assessed by a mental health professional, seriously. It's juvenile and written from the emotional level of a 12 year old. The irony is that PETA will dig it's own grave with stuff like this: any rational person who at least was sympathetic to some of their agenda will be lost to them. Drain bile out of live Moon Bears in China, living in 3' square cages? Absolutely not, but fishing to eat? Give me a break. No support from me.
Morons.
Peace,
Erik Y.

Reactions: Griff
You know reading that has made me stop and think......

I think Ill grouper for dinner instead of snapper :hmm

I have a big saltwater reef aquarium in my house. I show my children how cool the ocean is every day. Shrimp, lobster, crabs, coral, and fish. And I tell them "We need to take care of all of the little fish in the ocean son.....so they can grow up big and have a happy life, then we eat em! :p

Fur is nice, long as it's trimmed.

I tell all Mothers that about their daughters, Dale. :p

Hey, there's a mail coming your way.

Reactions: roy_nexus_6
join in on the campaign!

i agree. and i'm doing my bit. I hunt down all those big nasty fish who eat the poor defenseless ones.

And lets not forget about our cruelty to plants! They have feelings too! Science has proved that plants feel danger. They even respond to music! Do we sing to them? Noooo, we ripe them off their roots, chop them into pieces and burn them alive! :ban Bunch of sick hypocrites!

Yeah, we should watch for that one!

Gino

The Peta add is written at the emotional level of about an 8-year-old because that is who it's targeting. It is essentially a message of fear and violence - designed to threaten the foundations of a young child's world. It IS child abuse.

I wrote Peta and, after citing all the qualifications that make me a shoe-in for being 'one of them' told them they had now completely lost any possibility of ever having one iota of credibility. My daughter - who was a member of PETA when she was in grade school, came to that conclusion quite awhile ago. I told them they were now in the same league as a number of right wing organizations that I won't mention here :) Figured that'd tweak em if the anti-psychotics haven't kicked in yet.

People need a more quantitative model of negativity.

Free the rocks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Griff
I think the lines at the end are the saddest...watch out doggies and kitties!

"Until your daddy learns that it’s not “fun” to kill
keep your doggies and kitties away from him.
He’s so hooked on killing defenseless animals
that they could be next!"

These are the same people who recently tried to ban the sale of Australian lamb because we cut off their tails! I grew up on a farm and would love to shove the face of one of these stinking hippies into the arse of a fly-blown sheep (when a sheep has too much wool around its butt and flies lay maggots in it until it gets horribly infected. Incredibly painfull for the sheep).

rofl rofl rofl Whaddaya say to that? Kinda reminds me of those ridiculous tobacco commercials when they sit around thinking of ways to target the population. Shows you how stupid these PETA people really are.

I visited the peta website. Although they have some good causes, I think they are a bunch of complete idots, and anyone who knows anything about the environment and conservation would probably have nothing to do with them. Its a real pity that most "green" movements are driven by such emotional morons. it makes them so much easier to ignore, and the good work that they may do is lost.

Reactions: fishimani
Absolutly no comment, i wont wast my time on such pathetic do gooders, no time for militant hippies telling me how my kids should grow up, they will grow up as i see fit, and not some preaching hipocrite telling me its all wrong.

Peter.

Those last lines are emotional terrorism. It's a horrible panflet, and only discredits their own credibility.

DeepThought said:
...They can make an even scarier one with 'your daddy is f____ing mommy!!'.
rofl :ko
gonetobaja said:
You know reading that has made me stop and think......

I think Ill grouper for dinner instead of snapper :hmm
rofl Their main website is even better -- cool free video on bow hunting fish. Pity bow hunting was banned in the UK a long time ago :( -- but after seeing that video I am thinking it might be ripe for revival :). Venison & fish -- delicious :p. It looks quite sporting, the volume of fish taken seemed low, the fish live to a good size in a natural environment & the shot fish seemed to be kept for food -- a much more humane situation than commercial fishing or fish farms ...and better quality food (higher levels of omega 3, less bad fat & less damaged fish).

Letting the fish suffocate (in the video) always looks more humane & less messy to me -- it seems to be the norm for commercial & most forms of sea fishing (less work too) -- although I suspect the more vicious looking dispatch by priest (or *) or better still, Iki spike would be more humane.

Don't forget to pick up your FREE fish pack (I hope its Bass :p). If I don't see a fish soon - I will be checking their Faux Fish Recipes & sending for the free veg kit. I'd be a vegan if meat didn't taste so good -- and we get great Chedder here too (poor cows). Those evil signal crayfish have got it coming to them though! rofl

Nothing tastes better than fruit & veg. that you have grown yourself or gathered from the wild, and meat, fish and other seafood that you have hunted or harvested in a natural environment. What could be better or more natural? What better motivation could there be to look after our natural environments?

Natural foods grown/harvested/hunted so far this year: broad beans, french beans, peas, strawberries, tomatoes, sweet chestnuts, hazel nuts, bass, wrasse, pheasant, signal crayfish, marrow, corgettes, raspberries, potatoes, scallops, black currants, blackberries. Next year I hope to increase that (e.g. some of: apples, squid, cuttlefish, pollack, mullet, partridge, chicken, cabbage, kale, broccoli, cob nuts, gooseberries, red currants, tuna(?), blueberries, olives). :p

Last edited:
Psychological child abusing TERRORISTS!!!!!! I will make sure I run a fishing trip soon for as many of my family and friends kids I can.:D

If/when I have kids, they will learn to shoot, fish, hunt if possible, and Spearfish! I also would want them to play outside! I know how objectionable it is to step on those precious blades of grass, and the unseen bugs underfoot might suffer too.... :hmm I guess that means people shouldn't bathe either, because of the millions of bacteria we would kill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. X
When I tried to download the link it came up blank, but if it has upset so many of my friends at DB I don't like it.

Spearing puppies and kittens? Heck a spearos gotta have some practice on dry land before you head into the water, otherwise if you'r not accurate you wont kill the fish quickly.

Next people will complain the way I dynamite fish, jee it kills them quickly with no suffering and the coral grows back in a million years anyway.

Oh well back to my padded cell.

Reactions: BatRay
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT