• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

PETA F&@#ers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Mr. X- The Hawaiians brought a domesticated pig on there canoes but the wild boar are not the same variety. Judging from the wild pig i have tried i have found i don't like it at all. The feast is called a luau and the pit is an imu pit when you cook something in an imu it is kalua style so you call the pig kalua pig and its way more ono ( delicious also coincidentally the Hawaiian word for wahoo) than the wild boar i have tried

That's because when the domestic pig reverts to the wild, it reverts to the wild phenotype because that shape survives better. The fat hams go away and a gristle shield develops over the shoulders to protect the vital organs from another boar's tusks when they start fighting. They flavor is worse because the boars are uncut males and the testosterone gives the meat a strong flavor. Also, they're leaner and tougher. A young sow, cooked kalua, is tender and good tasting. An old boar is only good for really highly seasoned sausage.

Talking of "PETA F&@#ers", you may have heard of this trial in Britain (Hunt supporter decapitated by anti-Hunting protestor in gyrocopter) but perhaps not some of the rather sickening details behind it. This is from the Countryside Alliance today:
1. Trevor Morse trial

Yesterday gyrocopter pilot Bryan Griffiths was cleared of the 'manslaughter by gross negligence' of Warwickshire Hunt supporter Trevor Morse by a jury at Birmingham Crown Court. To many this decision will come as a surprise, especially given the contents of the video shot by Mr Griffiths' fellow animal rights activist Peter Bunce. The jury concluded that Mr Griffiths' 'belief' that he was somehow under threat justified the sequence of events that lead to Trevor's death. The identity of Griffith's co-pilot, and his history and criminal record, were known to the Judge but for legal reasons not disclosed to the Jury.

The verdict apart this case raises some very serious questions about the actions of animal rights groups including Protect Our Wildlife Animals (POWA), the League Against Cruel Sports (LACS) and the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW). The use of aircraft to follow hunts, especially mounted hunts, is patently unsafe so much so that the Association of Chief Police Officers advised very clearly that it is something police forces should not even consider. Despite this Bryan Griffiths attended a League Against Cruel Sports seminar in 2006 and offered his services as a helicopter pilot. In February 2007 he hired a helicopter in his own name and in the company of two associates flew over the Warwickshire and Heythrop Hunts. The level of complaints about the activity of the helicopter were so high that he knew he would not be able to hire one again and instead set about purchasing a gyrocopter.

Mr Griffiths' companions in February 2007 were the same two people who were with him at Long Marston airfield when Trevor Morse was killed: Peter Bunce and John Curtin. Mr. Bunce is a prominent member of the group POWA and is well known to hunts in the Midlands and Thames Valley. In 2003 he pleaded guilty to dangerous driving and leaving the scene of an accident after knocking a Warwickshire Hunt supporter off his motorbike. John Curtin is an iconic figure in the animal rights movement having served a series of jail terms for extremist activity. Most extraordinarily he was jailed for 2 years in 1986 after an attempt to dig up the body of the 10th Duke of Beaufort with the intention of sending his head to Princess Anne. He has been a leading figure in the campaign against Huntingdon Life Science and was also arrested and questioned about robbing the grave of Gladys Hammond, a relative of the owners of a guinea pig farm. Mr Griffiths was introduced to John Curtin by Kevin Hill, a long serving employee of IFAW. Mr Griffiths found John Curtin to be a "likeable guy" and they struck up a partnership flying together in the gyrocopter five times with Peter Bunce acting as their ground support.

On the fifth and fatal occasion, 9th March 2009, Griffiths and Curtin were not even filming the Warwickshire hunt. They claimed to have forgotten their camera, but continued to fly over the hunt in order to disrupt it and harass its followers without even the pretence of 'monitoring'.

Despite this background, the court has decided that what happened when they landed and were confronted by Trevor Morse was not manslaughter by gross negligence, but a proportionate response. However, one thing is absolutely certain: had Messrs Griffiths, Curtin and Bunce not decided to chase hunts around the countryside in a gyrocopter aircraft Trevor Morse would not be dead and Griffiths would not have faced trial.

I will return to the strange connections within the animal rights world that this case in future comments. For now I can only restate that there is no place for animal rights activists in the policing of the Hunting Act or any other legislation. It is for the police to enforce the law of the land, not self-appointed vigilantes. Surely Trevor Morse's death makes that clear?

Simon Hart
Presumably lethal force will now be justified to defend against anti-hunt protesters?:martial

Last edited:
You'll probably have to choose the jurors carefully but I am in agreement. Any hunt protestor carrying a sign attached to a large stick should now be considered a threat to life and the lives of your friends.

Secret Handshake

First, let me start off by making clear that I am not suggesting that any of you undertake anything like what is described in the following article. However I could not help laughing out loud (does that make me bad?).

Activists Missing After Declaring “War on Leather” at Motorcycle Rally*|*GlossyNews.com

thumb.php

Johnstown, PA (GlossyNews) – Local and state police scoured the hills outside rural Johnstown, Pennsylvania, after reports of three animal rights activists going missing after attempting to protest the wearing of leather at a large motorcycle gang rally this weekend. Two others, previously reported missing, were discovered by fast food workers “duct taped inside several fast food restaurant dumpsters,” according to police officials.

“Something just went wrong,” said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest. “Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong.”

The organizer said a group of concerned animal rights activist groups, “growing tired of throwing fake blood and shouting profanities at older women wearing leather or fur coats,” decided to protest the annual motorcycle club event “in a hope to show them our outrage at their wanton use of leather in their clothing and motor bike seats.” “In fact,” said the organizer, “motorcycle gangs are one of the biggest abusers of wearing leather, and we decided it was high time that we let them know that we disagree with them using it…ergo, they should stop.”

According to witnesses, protesters arrived at the event in a vintage 1960′s era Volkswagen van and began to pelt the gang members with balloons filled with red colored water, simulating blood, and shouting “you’re murderers” to passers by. This, evidently, is when the brouhaha began.

“They peed on me!!!” charged one activist. “They grabbed me, said I looked like I was French, started calling me ‘La Trene’, and duct taped me to a tree so they could pee on me all day!”

“I…I was trying to show my outrage at a man with a heavy leather jacket, and he…he didn’t even care. I called him a murderer, and all he said was, ‘You can’t prove that.’ Next thing I know he forced me to ride on the back of his motorcycle all day, and would not let me off, because his girl friend was out of town and I was almost a woman.”

Still others claimed they were forced to eat hamburgers and hot dogs under duress. Those who resisted were allegedly held down while several bikers “farted on their heads.”

Police officials declined comments on any leads or arrests due to the ongoing nature of the investigation, however, organizers for the motorcycle club rally expressed “surprise” at the allegations.

“That’s preposterous,” said one high-ranking member of the biker organizing committee. “We were having a party, and these people showed up and were very rude to us. They threw things at us, called us names, and tried to ruin the entire event. So, what did we do? We invited them to the party! What could be more friendly than that? You know, just because we are all members of motorcycle clubs does not mean we do not care about inclusiveness. Personally, I think it shows a lack of character for them to be saying such nasty things about us after we bent over backwards to make them feel welcome.”

When confronted with the allegations of force-feeding the activists meat, using them as ad hoc latrines, leaving them incapacitated in fast food restaurant dumpsters, and ‘farting on their heads,’ the organizer declined to comment in detail. “That’s just our secret handshake,” assured the organizer.

Reactions: Bill and Azrael3000
Oh, that's choice. Imagine the stupidity of trying that kind of shenanigan with a biker gang. Whaddabuncha maroons!

Reactions: fcallagy
Loved it!

So PETA finally met up with some real people, about time.

Those bikers should all get medals.

Connor

Reactions: fcallagy
rofl That's the spirit! Yes, sounded too good to be true. But funny none the less.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT