• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Philippine spearfishermen

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Azgard, just google hammerhead.com you can order there. But now I discovered a better place from US and much cheaper go to leisurepro.com and have a look they have lots of brand and stuff. Let me know, cheers.

Yup! will order my speargun also in leisurepro. Im thinking i will buy cressi comanche as the gun has a lot of good reviews. anyone tried using the comanche before?

How is the weather in dauis Seaman70?

Cheers!

Hi
The Comanche is very good I have a friend of mine he's having one and I also tried it. It is very accurate and careful the trigger is very sensitive but you need just to get use to it. The weather here is an issue is now 3 weeks I don't go out when is my day off always rains :-(

Hi
The Comanche is very good I have a friend of mine he's having one and I also tried it. It is very accurate and careful the trigger is very sensitive but you need just to get use to it. The weather here is an issue is now 3 weeks I don't go out when is my day off always rains :-(

I see, what length would you recommend will i get for the comanche? Are there also a lot of spearos in Dauis or in Panglao? I have read an article that there was an Island near Panglao that they released juvenile black tip sharks, was wondering if they would allow freedivers to dive there.

cheers!

Last edited:
I see, what length would you recommend will i get for the comanche? Are there also a lot of spearos in Dauis or in Panglao? I have read an article that there was an Island near Panglao that they released juvenile black tip sharks, was wondering if they would allow freedivers to dive there.

cheers!
I dont know spearos here yet and I didnt ear anything about the article you mentioned to me about the black tip sharks.....would be nice to dive there :D

Yesterday after 3 weeks of dry land I went back in the water to meet this beauty......3 kilos of delicious buwanbuwan this is the name I been told from locals.......anybody knows the real name or the english name of this fish?

Attachments

• CAM00102.jpg
    CAM00102.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 281
Wow
I have been spearfishing here for over ten years. I have a house on the China Sea in Northern Luzon, Ilocos Sur. I have three spear Guns 2 Riffe and 1 Wong 55" Hybred. The reef where I live it has been fairly well fished out over the years but I go fishing every day for about 3 to 5 hours and catch some on a good day. I go even when the locals don't just for the exercise. I am a retired educator married to a filipino living the dream. I have a custom tricycle to get around because I am 6' 5" tall and 2 kids 7 & 11. I tie my own bands and have a dive hooka but haven't used it in years.

If you plan to travel north drop me a line I can't promice you wil get any thing but I do have an extra gun and know the area. I caught the Mackerel Right out in front of my house he wandered too close for his own good.

Henry

Attachments

• IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCN1698.jpg
    DSCN1698.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 265
Just an update caught this Milk fish about 400 yards in front of my house. He was in a group I happened on and I used Zen and became a milk fish then blended in with them and POW. Supper Time:duh

Attachments

• IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 281
Nice fish. I see you only wear a lycra while diving. I know its hot over there so i guess thats all i need also.

Hi! im a freediver from the philippines, really interested in getting into spearfishing! you guys know any good sites in Luzon (anywhere in luzon, hahaha!)

HAHAHAH! sabi na nga ba makikita ko kayo dito, peram gamit :p how much should i invest for a speargun for beginners?

anybody knows where can i buy a good speargun in the Philippines[rob allen,riffe]? freediving gear?

anybody knows where can i buy a good speargun in the Philippines[rob allen,riffe]? freediving gear?

Contact Dars Padilla on Facebook or Speardiver. He's a Riffe dealer I believe. I have his email address too. I'll ask him if it's ok to give it to you.

Can't wait only four months and i'll be in PI on vacation for five weeks. Hope to make it to Cebu this time to go dive. If not Davao is my second choice.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT