• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

photos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
snorkel

also, remember that you have tons of nerves in your lips/mouth area which gives you a better connection to the water for dive reflex/self awareness/ etc... so, ditch the tube going down ;)

ice

Just one ice picture.
This is not a hunting picture, but picture anyway :)

Attachments

• dsc00006m.jpg
    dsc00006m.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
a warmer part of town..

hey people,

just got back from florida. i spent more time w/ my camera than i did my speargun. :confused:

got some great shots(pictures, that is) here's one i'll share. i should be putting the rest up on my website sometime this week. this is a red grouper. something i normally hunt, and this one was definitely legal size. very yummy fish, by the way. anyways, i guess he was comfortable hangin w/ me since i didn't want to skewer him. :D i snapped about 12 shots of this guy after laying on the bottom for a couple of minutes waiting for him to get comfy w/ me there. he came right out and checked me out. i had my wide angle lens on so he was actually about 50cm from me.

Hey, nice pics! That grouper's got lemon and butter written all over him! Are these taken with that Olympus gear you were going on about with Cliffy?

sven

yeppers

olympus c3000, olympus housing, inon wide angle lens. awesome setup! :eek:

Hey there guys,
I am about to take two tests and needed to relax so I just tooh five minutes to get away to the place that I feel most comfortable. It's amazing how peaceful I get when I think of the ocean. I was looking at all the pictures and felt like I was there. I need all the peace and comfort that I can get. Dental school is killing me. Keep the pictures coming; I think that it's one of the things that will help get me through this thing I call hell.(dental school). I hope that all is well with everyone. Im also glad to see the website forums have taken off like a rocket. Happy diving, photographa and spearing everyone. Be safe,,,,,,,.....
\

Aquiles
DQBN

Hi Aquiles,
Nice to hear you're still around. Hang in there, it'll all be worth it when you get those people in the chair and inflict pain and then charge big bucks for it! You ready for the end of March? I should probably start some more breath hold practice so I can keep up w/ you and Anderson. See ya in the Keys.
Jay:D

Aquiles,

Here is the crystal clear water of the Florida springs. Hoping for the same viz in Key West next month.

See you then,

Scott

P.S. Stephen, I just had to try this photo thing again.

Attachments

• 100-0097_img.jpg
    100-0097_img.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 459
scott,

if it takes you more than 5 miles to get over a single bridge, you've gone too far. :D just want to make sure you don't think we'll be in key west!

knight's key at the end of marathon, just north of the famous 7 mile bridge. oceanside at knight's key campground.

later,
anderson

ps. can you send me those pics to my hotmail? my work server won't let me view any of these things over the internet. you know how anal the government is. ;)

Anderson,

Thanks for the reminder as to the location. I figured since you will have been diving the day before my arrival, word would be out and any local would be able to direct me to your 20 (man arrested for exceeding bag limits, world record grouper speared, sven joins spearfishing group - all ladies to be on alert, etc.).

Be happy to e-mail the photos to your hotmail account but don't seem to have it. All I have is your @ball and @2james addresses. I'm assuming the @ball is your work so I'll give the @2james account a try.

Scott

Aquiles, hang in there bud. I've got 8 weeks of college left to finish my Sociail Work Diploma, then I'm off to Jakarta. I swear the only thing that's helped me get through all the damn papers I've had to write in the last 2 years is Deeper Blue: the stories, pictures, and comraderie.
I hope to meet you and dive some day, just not in a dentist's chair:blackeye
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Plus I promise to not take pictures of you half-naked and then post them on the internet, like Anderson ;)
Erik Y.

I'm a marked man...

Originally posted by scott
Anderson,

sven joins spearfishing group - all ladies to be on alert, etc.).

Scott

Hey, whaddid I do??

See Aquilies, this is why paying attention to school and your future now is the better course. Otherwise you get tied up while looking through the want ads with e mails from clowns that will never win a T shirt.:t

Keep your head down and grind. Good luck.

sven

Hey there boys,
Thanks for the words of encouragement, they tend to get me through the day. As for the speedo remarks. I must say that those little trunks have gotten me scores of women. They can' t resist a little latin boy in skin tight trunks. Plus I have to wear them now while I can. Soon my butt will be flat and hairy etc. I will look like the rest of the old men on the beach, bald and half naked.

As for the trip to the keys and with the mention of being naked I just can't wait for the end of march. I have spring break that week and plan to do some serious catchin' up on the party scene. Ladies beware!
On to another subject, I passed neuroanatomy and this helps to solidify my plans to live in the keys and spearfish in the keys professionaly for the whole summer. All are welcome just let me know and I will pencil you in for a charter on the James Addiction. We will sell the fish for profit and make millions!!!!!:p Who needs to become a dentist!!!! Oh maybe I'm taking this a little far. Oh well dreaming is what gets me through the day.

Thanks for the words of encouragement,
Happy fishing and be easy,,,,,,,.......

Aquiles
DQBN

go study, you bum! you've got a little less than 3 weeks, so crank that good student dental crap out! :D

Originally posted by Aquiles

As for the speedo remarks. I must say that those little trunks have gotten me scores of women.

Aquiles
DQBN [/B]

THAT'S IT!!!:cool: Deeper Blue underoo's! We'll slay em!

sven

Aquiles,
Make sure you get that naked thing out of your system before I get there. No offense but a latin boy in skin tight lycra just doesn't cut it for me.:eek: I'll admit it I'm a speedophobe. Take care and study hard.
Jay

Chains of knowledge

Hey Aquilles, As I write this it 7:00pm and for once I got home from the clinic in time to cook dinner for my wife and daughter but now I am supposed to be back studying. These 12-16 hour days are really starting to wear on me. I am working on my dissertation which is finally getting interesting but it sure is keeping me inside most of the time and the nearest ocean is 1000 miles away. Hopefully, I will be able to make it to the bash in the Keys next year. If you're done by then we'll be just another pairofdocs in the water. And how about those student loans? So hang in there and know that you are not alone in burning the midnight, midmorning, midafternoon, midevening oil. I am just past the halfway point in my internship so I am struggling to find money to pay for all the oil I am burning. And because this is Utah and winter I have been a bit psychotic and I occassionally find myself making plans to move to the Virgin Islands or the Seychelles or sell everything and get a really big sailboat. Fortunately I have the love of a beautiful and intelligent woman who frequently dope slaps me back to reality. But I am still pretty sure they could use a good pediatric neuropsychologist on St. Thomas right? Hang in there, we are all in this together. Be brilliant. Warmly, Angus.

some antics with semantics...

Parofdocs? Paradox? Let the wordsmith in here!:D

Just remember guys, lots, I mean LOTS of people, some of them in here, wish they had your opportunities. Get through the next act with kindness and compassion. Be humble, be brilliant, be.

Karma that!

sven

nutted!

You must spread your Karma around before giving it to icarus pacific again. doooohh!! :D

angus, bon chance pour vous, aussi! hang in there. so, what's it like to be bitch slapped? does it stop the visions of mermaids in your head? ;) keep crankin.

aquiles, i think you'll be in desperate need of angus when you're done. pediatric neuropsychologists might be able to cure speedophiles that are a hundred grand in debt! :D

andrsn

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT