• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Putting on a wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Here's one for all those with sensitive skins - use aqueous cream (as is used on babies) - no sign of a rash - EVER!!! The stuff is cheap and can be diluted in water if you want to further save more. I normally turn the suite inside out,smear it on turn it the right way out, then put a little in my hair and on my shoulders to put the top on and over my feet to get the bottom on. Your suite will glide on whith no effort at all. Just remember to wash your feet before puting your booties on or your fins may twist as you kick.

Lubricating the outside of a smooth skin suite definitely helps to take it off!

You really do not need much to lubricate this process and the nice thing is that since it is concentrated you can dilute with warm water.

CIAO

Don't forget to use lots of lube after the Christmas festivities - suit might be a little tighter:D.

Might be a little tight after Christmas!!! Welcome to my world Mr X…roflroflrofl

Talcum powder boys!!!! Suit goes on dry and if it seals properly then it stays dry. If it doesn't seal properly and you are planning on taking it off and and putting back on for any reason then wetlube is better. Baby shampoo is great, it leaves your skin soft like a babies and is low irritant. I've tried normal conditioner and a few hours of diving and I look like a 15 year old whose just done a cycle of roids! it's a pizza party on my back and shoulders!

Reactions: Mr. X
Hi Newbie,

How do you get a wet (even if its damp from the previous day's diving) wetsuit on with talcum powder? Not trying to be funny, but this is a major thing in compos where you dive two consecutive days.

Cheers

Haha, well in my world I don't often get the opportunity to dive 2 days in a row. But if I ever have to get a damp suit on then I'll go with the wet lube, since it's wet anyway. I use either baby shampoo or the soap free soap for sensitive skin, it's never given me a reaction. either that or don it in the water:blackeye

DONT USE SOAP, over time it will ruin your wetsuit

im sure you all know what soap does, it rubs away at stuff until its clean
and because theres alot of friction when putting your suit on and taking it off it will happen alot quicker

the best thing to use is hair conditioner or lube.

Great tips :) thanks.

The suit arrived yesterday. I was on my own and didn't want to have to call the neighbours around to help me out of it! :naughty

No lube! , as old man dave suggested, using the same suit.

Trousers easy.

Jacket, arm + head and then other arm (alike the link from MrX). Not that easy, but much easier than I was expecting!

Having walked around the house for a while in it and checking myself out in the mirror (is it ok to do that??) I tried to remove it.

Getting the jacket of caused me a bit of a panic! I again went for the webpage link technique. Rolled it up high. Then reached for the beaver tail (i was panicing at this stage as I didn't want to call the neighbours in and explain why I was stuck in wetsuit at 9pm when the wife was out). reaching the beaver tail was just so I could then grab the main part of the suit (i'd read the warnings about pulling the beavers tail ?!) . With the main part of the suit in my grasp I lifted it over my head and then pulled my arms out.

Suprised to how easy it turned out to be.

Really pleased with the suit (2nd hand, but in great condition). Amazed how wet I was from sweat by the time i took it of. Hopefully it will be warmer than my last years sufers suit.

Old man Dave (or others with a similar suit?), how do you find the suit warmth wise?... Spring / Summer / Autumn / Winter??

Thats so funny sounds just like me a few months ago on Alaskafreedivers

"I got a new wetsuit today, trying a Hammerhead. Ok just for the record I almost
had a heart attack trying to get the thing on. I managed to roll the bottoms on
and they fit pretty good. But the top "Holly Christ" (any pointers) just getting
the hands through the cuffs was a event. At one point I looked like a escape
artist stuck half way between his straight jacket and freedom, then the "IM
STUCK" panic almost started...haha. Now the suit is rated for a 165-180lbs er
and Im 170lb sooooo, whats the trick? I heard shampoo or conditioner will help?
If I do get this thing on will there be any blood in my extremities, I would
think it would be a little important to have blood in most parts of the bod."
The worst part is Im home alone, I could just see me going next door to Mrs
Smith with a wetsuit turned inside out, head stuck in the hood and arms stuck in
the sleeves asking for help.

AND I HAD NO PANTS ON and I live in the woods.

one humbled
Jason

HAHA

Jason

Simple answer to your question- SuitSlip from speargearshop.com
Smooth.

Next question...?

Doggie Poop Bags! Go to your local park, snag a couple of them for free. Put them on your feet like socks before you slip on your wetsuit. Your feet will slide right through the legs and out the bottom easily....pull off your "Doggie Poop Bag Sock" and repeat for your other leg.

Doggie Poop Bags! Go to your local park, snag a couple of them for free. Put them on your feet like socks before you slip on your wetsuit. Your feet will slide right through the legs and out the bottom easily....pull off your "Doggie Poop Bag Sock" and repeat for your other leg.

:confused: You mean the ones people leave lying around full of dog crap?
I bet they work real well but . . .

NO! Of course you don't use one with poop already in it! Wow!

You use an UNUSED Doggie Poop Bag for this. Here is a picture of the ones used at the parks around here:

handlebag.gif

Last edited:
Try to put the wetsuit from inside out, like wearing condoms. Need a little bit of practice but soon you will get better. Using liquid gel and other soap based gel is not good for the aquatic life.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT