• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

recipes

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ok for all you up n coming cooks out there .

This one's very tasty.

Micks Nuty sweet chilly sauce.
Worchistershere sauce 1 teaspoon
soy " 2 "
Pine nuts 1 /2 tabelspoon
Sunflower seeds " "
Sesame seeds " "
Garlic 1 clove or 1 Treaspoon.CHOPED FINE
brown suger 1 "
Butter 1 tabelspoon
Honey 3 Teaspoons
2 hot red chillies (the one's that r 1 -2 inches long) choped
Fine, (ALL depends how hot u like it)

Add all of the above to the blender for 1 min clean off sides if needed.

1 red peper CUT into strips

OK Ok NOW .
spear yourself 1 of your fav. fish . Id prefer a nice 6-8 pound Cobia or kingfish (OR RAT KINGY as they call them here).
Maybe a Nice Corel Trout???
THIS Sauce is best used when baking in Foil as the nuts can tend 2 burn a bit but YOU can undo the foil and brown a bit for the last 2-3 min But Keep AN EYE ON IT.
IF YOU R GOING 2 cook your fish hole add add 5 min
Put YOUR Fish on a large piece of foil lay sliced pepper to gut cav.
pour sauce half in gut cav. & other on top .
Bake in oven 4 30-35mins on 350oF.

:ko
TRY IT . If you like to try something thats a little bit outof the normal run of the mill with heaps of flavour , you will b plesently
supprised.

MICK

fish tacos!

dont know if anyone has posted this, but this is a favorite of friends of mine!

1) obtain fish - sand or kelp bass works well, halibut is great, but most any fish with white flesh that is relatively firm when raw is good

cut the skin off the back of the filet and then cut the filet into one by 3 inch bars.

2) make a beer batter consisting of: 1 CUP FLOUR, 1 CUP LIGHT BEER (Corona is good...haha its only use!) and then about a HALF TABLESPOON OF SALT. mix this all together in a relatively large bowl.

3)fill a deep pot with a diameter of about 10 inches with vegetable oil 1 inch deep. heat this on high and use a deep fat thermometer to monitor its temperature until it reaches approximately 375 degrees.

4) after soaking the fish strips in the beer batter and making sure they are covered in it, use tongs to drop them into the deep frying pot.

5) they should cook for 4 - 5 min with occasional turning.

6) remove from the pot and serve on corn tortillas with your personal favorite mexican condiments!

SECRET SAUCE (GREAT STUFF!) - put this over the fish in the taco!
1/2 cup plain white yogurt
a large "dollop" of mayonnaise
a large "dollop" of sour cream
1/2 tablespoon of Cumin

have your friends over and enjoy!

Grilled Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa

Since I'm sitting here eating my weekend leftovers for lunch while reading the boards, I figured I'd find the old recipes thread and add my creation to the list. I've been in a couple restaurants that had very simillar dishes, but I basicly threw this one together as I was going. I used Mahi Mahi, but it would work with just about any fish.

First make the Mango Salsa. It would be preferable to make this a day in advance so it can do its thing in the fridge. It was spur of the moment for me, so it only got made about an hour before the fish went on the grill.

1 Med. Onion, chopped
2 Tomatoes, chopped
2 Large Green Chilis, roasted, peeled, seeds removed, and chopped
1 Mango, chopped
1 bunch fresh Cilantro, chopped (was about 1/3 cup after chopping)
Juice of 4 Limes (Key Limes, if you can get them)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground Black Pepper

Mix it all together and let it sit in the fridge until serving time. I chopped everything by hand and had a very course salsa. You could also toss it all in a food processor and pulse to whatever consitency you like. Feel free to adjust salt/pepper to taste of course and if you want it hot add your favourite hot chilis to taste.

Now the grilled fish...

1 egg
1/4 cup milk
corn meal
4 Mahi Mahi fillets

Beat the egg into the milk. Soak the fillets in the egg and milk mixture then dregde through the corn meal. Be sure you get a good coating of corn meal. Now put the fillets on the grill and cook till done. Obviously this will vary with type and thickness of the fish. If the fillets are not to thick you should only have to turn them once. However the corn meal coating will make a pretty crusty shell for the fish and thus make it far less likely to fall apart on the grill. Be sure not to let the corn meal burn though.

Plating it up...

Place the grilled fillet on a bed of crushed tortilla chips (or a bed of those tortilla strips if you fancy) and top with a generous amount the salsa. Serve...

Hi There

Thought I would post recipe for a wicked! Crayfish Potjie.

First thing that you will need is a pot. A no. 4 or 5 will do.

This is the stuff I usually get.

8 to 10 crayfish
Olive Oil
Bacon chopped
2 Large onions chopped
mashed garlic according to taste
salt & Pepper
2 Packs squidheads +- 600g
2 packs of paella (Consisting of black mussels, crab sticks, calamari and small pieces of fish)
2 tins of tuna
Lemon Juice
1 X 250 ml cream ( No low fat things here you are working with seafood!)
Green pepper(sliced)
Mushrooms
1 Pack of mushroom soup powder.

Start of with the Crayfish. Boil water in the pot. When the water is boiling chuck in the crayfish. When the water starts boiling again time it for 10 minutes.
When this is done take them out and break out the tails.
Wash the pot and then let it warm up again.
Throw some olive oil into the pot. When the oil is warm chuck in the oinions and garlic and bacon. Saute untill the onions are brown. Smells good doesn't it ?

Now chuck in paella, tuna and squidheads. Add a bit of water and about half a cup of wine(White or Rose) and a few squirts of lemon juice.

Break open the crayfish tails and take out the Sh*t pipe.
Break into chunks.
Let your guests eat the front parts and legs of the crayfish for an apetiser, but keep about 16 legs broken from the carpace.

When the pot has been boiling for 30 minutes add a pack of mushroom soup powder mixed in water.

10 minutes later add the crayfish tails and the cream. Add salt and pepper and stir well. The mushroom soup will make the sauce a bit thicker. Add the mushroom about 5 minutes later.(Or as long as it takes you to go fetch a beer ;) ) Add the crayfish legs and sliced green pepper now and cover for about 10 minutes.

The red crayfish legs and green pepper make a nice combination on the top.
You can also add half shelled black mussels. your choice.

Serve over a bed of rice with a nice chilled white or rose wine(Semi-Sweet is what I prefer). Enjoy! :p

You can also make a curry potjie by adding some curry when you add the paella.
When you do this add some borrie to the pot and to the rice when you boil it to give it a yellow color.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT