• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sharm Individual World Champs - Info & Updates

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Congrats to Jarmila and Herbert, and everyone who did their best....

On a strange and separate note, does anyone know where to find the results of the recent triple depth competition? I mean the full results.

On a strange and separate note, does anyone know where to find the results of the recent triple depth competition? I mean the full results.

I do not think it can be found. Results seem to have a hard time finding their way out of dahab.

At least Ryuzo seem to have Herberts 112-dive on his blog.

Ryuzo Apnea Blog

I did also had hard time finding them on the net... But luckily we made a picture of the result list at the closing party and I uploaded the pics yesterday. Here's the link:
Slovakia Freedive Team

There are also some training and Triple Depth pictures of Jarmila, Juraj and Martin Z. in the gallery:
Slovakia Freedive Team

Last edited:
Well done Anna, making bronze. Another brilliant result from someone who has only started competing this year. Please bring your medal to Richmond one Thursday so we can see it.

Hey all

I'm sitting watching the party - first impressions from my first Worlds, the French are definitely the hard-core partiers! Closely followed by the Brits, Spanish, Venezuelans and Japanese!

What a comp! And yes, today was a very different day to Thursday, but despite my first ever BO, by no means less fun! I had a wonderful dive, the whole thing went well - well, maybe not the WHOLE dive, but up to the last two metres, I was having fun. Nathalia cancelled her dive so I knew that I only had Jarmila's 50m to beat to get Gold, so set my alarm at 55m to turn at 56m but didn't hear my computer and then was suddenly at the bottom plate - so all that remained was a swim back to the surface.

I saw my safety divers and felt happy. My arms were tired but I was relaxed and slowed down to save energy - maybe a little bit too much... I can vaguely remember dreaming but can't remember what about. The next thing I knew I was looking a the sky with a bunch of Italian safety divers holding me and whispering in my ear, and I think Stig was there too as he was coaching me. Then I looked up saw the boat, and smiled - my first black out! I was actually pretty happy to have experienced it. And it was a good experience. Up till then I'd had 100% success and white cards in comp, so this is a learning experience, and, at the moment, I certainly don't feel it's knocked my confidence - but let's see how I feel next time I get in the water to do No Fins. It's the difficult times that teach us more than the good times so I'm going to see what comes out of this....

I have to CONGRATULATE and give HUGE HUGS to ANNA VON BOETTICHER who has been my friend, training partner, mentor and man-guru for the past few months. We've been training together, and with five national records and a Bronze for her, and three world records and a Gold for me in the past two weeks, I think we can safely say, the partnership works! Thanks also to everyone who has helped me with advice, smiles, safety, 'constructive criticism' over the past six-seven months. It's been an awesome journey.

And the past two weeks.. Well, I'm still speechless. Lots of plans, hoping to travel more and dive in other places so invitations to come and see all the lovely people I've met here will be very welcome. And of course the Blue Hole is always there and dive buddies come and say hi! Oh, and I'll be in the pool learning how to hold my breath and fin in a horizontal way - eek dynamics and static! Depth isn't everything!

I've had so much fun, and I dive to enjoy it, so here's to many more great dives, competitions, parties....

Gotta go and dance!
xxxx
Sara

Reactions: sanso
Slovenian and Croatian guys are beck home in our cold country. Outside is 0 degrees C. And the worst thing we are missing the party. :friday

I would like to see official results. Can somebody please take a picture of results and post it on forum. I don’t know if my -56m dive was ok.

Jure

Sebastian I know who were first 3 freedivers. I know you finished 5th but I don’t know if we finished on 5th place. I could get some minus points. And most of all I am interested in all results not just top 3 freedivers.

The rules have to be changed. A lot of my friends came to see me in Maribor but they don’t get the rules. Why -10 points for a small violation. This rules are not good for bigger audience, media, development of sport,… This is my first real CW competition and I think -56m is not 5th place. Do not talk about rules hear, let’s talk about the results!!!

Can someone please attach all results. :):):)

Jure

, let’s talk about the results!!!
Can someone please attach all results. :):):)
Jure
What I was trying to say is that you are 5th, we both are. And thats a bit strange, but easy to live with.

Sebastian

Sebastian said:
What I was trying to say is that you are 5th, we both are. And thats a bit strange, but easy to live with.

Sebastian

I thought so, but I was not sure.:eek: As you said. Bit strange but easy to live with. Before WC I knew I can go so deep and that this would be close to top 10. I am happier for reaching -56m than being 5th. My best result from all WC’s. :D

Jure

first impressions from my first Worlds, the French are definitely the hard-core partiers! Closely followed by the Brits, Spanish, Venezuelans and Japanese!

Liv must be sick or for sure we'd be the hardest!!!

well done EVERYONE!!!

The final 11 last night.

Attachments

• MedalWinnersWCEGY2006.jpg
    MedalWinnersWCEGY2006.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 290
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT