• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sharm Individual World Champs - Info & Updates

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Huge congrats to all of You, especially Anna (von Boetticher), Annelie (Pompe), Peter (Pedersen), Sara (Campbell) * - Wish I could be there to see the huge smiles that all of You must be carrying around all day! :D

* in order of appearance if I remember correctly. ;)

Thanks Richard! It was a great day, the weather calmed down and it was reported that people who were diving in the low 40m range could see the bottom plate almost from the surface. I was horribly nervous before my dive, but got rescued by Patrick Schnorf who found me on the warm-up lines and offered to coach me - from then on, everything was easy! Now the nerves are building: what to announce no fins? Oh dear...

Huge congrats to all of You, especially Anna (von Boetticher), Annelie (Pompe), Peter (Pedersen), Sara (Campbell) * - Wish I could be there to see the huge smiles that all of You must be carrying around all day! :D

* in order of appearance if I remember correctly. ;)

What should I say more? :). Perfect performance!

wow -I chose the wrong day to go to a conference and not look at a laptop!

Well done folks!!! particular kudos to Liv for dispelling the demons (not to mention the snot), Deepest of the Daves for showing us what a couple years out can do, George for stepping in at the last minute and doing us proud - and of course Sara, for a sensible yet still bloody amazing call that clearly paid off!

Also incredible to see Carlos come back at that level after the hell he has been through... and of course Herbert - how many bowls of pasta was that the night before???

special award to Jome for reporting AND doing so well!!

thanks folks

S
x

Here's a couple of the Danish girls dives. Pardon the obvious patriotism, I'm sure you'd rather see Herbert's dive first, but this is the first time our girls have won anything internationally. Way to go, Maria!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I am thrilled was interesting to read the start list and the AP. It will be too long wait tomorrow, until we'll know who takes the medals and white cards with'em home.

Good luck to you all, down there enjoy the moment.

Ok, good luck to everyone today. Keep the info coming during the day.

and for those who are considering to skip their dive;

You could bee in a place where the water is turning solid and the snow is falling. I am in a place like that. Those places exist no matter what you might think down there in egypt. You should be happy!

Soooo, looking forward to the results.

Still no info from Sharm... if I calculate right both Natalia and Sara are finished till now.

Seams like Natalia did not compete and Sara had BO so... the third girl will be a winer, think that's Jarmila...

Any medal would be a great end of a strong season for Jarmila. 3rd at the Triple Depth as a rookie in international competitions, strong performances also in Maribor... Hope she made her dive ok.

Last edited:
Hmm, ok here's what I know

Herbert Ok
Winram OK
Trubridge not ok
Maldame not ok
Morgan ok
Alexey ok

Natalia didn't start, the rest of the women I just don't know
This watching from the shore, based on the amount of cheering, not official

Other Brit news just in:

Liv Philip DNS
Georgie Miller ok
Dave King turned early
Tim Money BO
Dave Tranfield - no news from my contact

Bit of a turnround from Thursday's results. But well done George - good comp all-round!

Last edited:
Info posted on Sebastian's site Freedive news from f.biz
GOLD Herbert 77
SILVER Winram 75
BRONZE Morgan 68 meters.

GOLD Jarmila 50

Big congrats to Jarmila!!! Sensational last weeks for her!!! I'm glad I had the chance to be part of her support team in Dahab for a few days :).

Well done to everyone! Sounds like there were a lot more BO's this time around though.

I bet everyone is well and truly in party mode there now, have a great one!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT