• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Snorkel Pole...err, poll

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Where's your snorkel?

• Right

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Left

Votes: 71 45.8%
  • Left.....in the dive bag

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Middle (Finswimmer)

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Don't use one

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Other orifice...snorkel not visible

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Re: Snorkle Drag

Originally posted by Octo
......lands on my left sholderblade.......

wow, man. :confused: didn't know we had a moby dick on these forums?! :eek: i'd be lucky to have it land accross a hip bone. :D

and sven, the new speedo got here last week. but don't worry, you'll never see pictures of me in it. ;) i'd rather be naked, then have a chick see me in it. well, then again, that's not saying much.

i'm off for florida mañana! should be trying out some of those recipes by wednesday! :p

later,
anderson

Re: Re: Snorkle Drag

Originally posted by andrsn

and sven, the new speedo got here last week. you'll see pictures of me in it. ;) i'd rather be naked

later,
anderson

Uh... keep the Speedo on. Please. :yack

sven

hey now mr. sven...

i'm thinking.......let's see..... rainbow bright on your wetsuit(sf people would love that).... and maybe a shirly temple in your hand.... maybe even some high heels on the feetsies. and, maybe getting it on a local personal ad as a GWM seeking fun times in the bay area?

:confused: eh?

Re: Re: Re: Snorkel drag

I intend to stay clear of Octo now whenever he 'purges' his very small and short flexible snorkel. :blackeye

Nothing to a front-mounted snorkel with duct tape instead of a mouthpiece... Gives you less drag and more air, or... more water.

'Normal' snorkels always end up tied to my left leg (behind the diving knife).

By the way, what's wrong w/ speedos ? I like speedos. :D

Lynn

Something like this, Mr. York? :hmm

Attachments

• sven2a.jpg
    sven2a.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 396
Reactions: Angus
rofl rofl rofl

Do you ever see any fish under water, Mr. ... ???

Lynn

Last edited:
Nice pouch...

...I am sooo screwed...:head

Keep it up kids and Sven won't get your abs for you.

sven

Whereabouts in California did you say you live, Sven?
Good hunting.....whatever you're hunting for:naughty
Cheers,
Erik Y.

God, grant me the serenity to accept...

Altogether everybody!, Y...M...C...A...

Man! I lose my sense of humor here, you guys are in, uh, deep water. That's OK... you'll all need the Sven-man one of these days, turning you on to the hot ab spots, defending your honor from idiot posters, holding his own contests and correcting your spelling. :t

sven

A good man

Viva Sven the Viking!:king
You ever need anything, you ask.
Honored to know you,
Erik Young

Last edited:
A good man

Viva Sven the Viking!:king
You ever need anything, you ask.
Honored to know you,
Erik Young

Last edited:
Just a thought to make that snorkel issue even longer...

I never did any SCUBA diving (and I am proud of that fact :t ), but isn't there a statement somewhere in the manuals, that you are not supposed to use snorkels longer than two feet? :D

Now I wondered, am I in any kind of danger...?:blackeye

Btw, does anybody know when mental puberty ends? :duh

Have fun guys and gals!
Uli

As for snorkels...keep it safe by keeping it short

Uli,

CO2: the larger your 'dead space' (= the parts of your respiratory system that hold air but don't take part in the gas exchange process + your mouth cavity + your snorkel), the more air you will have to reinhale at each breath.
Reinhaled air contains extra CO2. Inhaling too much CO2 can make you lose consciousness but usually before that you'll start breathing faster and deeper, feeling 'out of air', and getting a bit of a headache.

Another thing is, when swimming deep under water w/ a long snorkel you will also have trouble expanding your lungs for inhalation because of the increased pressure difference (ambient water pressure and surface air pressure).

Scuba courses are good for something, you know... :t

Lynn

(CMAS Instructor):D

Hi Lynn,

I'm so sorry. I tried to use the word "snorkel" as a metaphor (as quite a few posts in this thread did before) and "two feet" long as a hyperbole. In addition, I tried to use tons of smileys to show the irony, but I clearly failed... :waterwork

Lynn, I appreciate your concern, but you don't need to worry to much:
-When my elder brother did his first scuba course, I also attended his theory lessons at the age of ten. From then on Boyle-Mariotte and all the rest was pretty familiar to me.
-I keep preaching about the risks of hyperventilation for more than twenty years now.
-I have read "Tauchmedizin" by O. Ehm from cover to cover (about 800 pages). There are some interesting pages about historic experiments with 2m long snorkels that led to instantanous blackouts. (Kids, don't try this at home!)
-I have a Ph.D. in physics and a strong interest in (diving) physiology.

I'm specifically sorry, that my unsuccessful irony attempt hit you, one of the few mermaids at deeperblue :head
so I won't use irony again!

Regards
Uli

Okay, maybe one last time:
Scuba courses are good for something, you know...
...and maybe someday one will find out, what they are actually good for! :D

hee hee...oops.

I do have a tendency for taking things a little too literally. :eek:

No need to cut down on the irony though.

Cheerio !

Lynn

P.S.: What SCUBA courses are good for... for me it's a 'know', for you a 'find out' :t

Sven,

Just so you know, the "giant snorkle in lieu of speargun" version of your portrait did not get posted...yet. Soooo, where did you say those coves with the 42" lings and 11" abalone were?
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Warmly,

Aaron

I got your snorkel hanging...

Well... I was out today. One dive, three foot viz, 5' swell=
three abs, smallest was 9 1/4" the biggie was 9 13/16".

Sooo... start taking your supplements, then call; my number is
1-800-YOU'RE-MY-BITCH :hmm

sven:king

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT