• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South Devon Report 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Naa Feed the bastard to the Lobsters. Leave your speargun out of any plot you are hatching though as all it will take is one incident like that, the media pick up on, to get them all banned. I know its said in jest but looked what happened when some Danish bloke drew a cartoon about Islam..:)

Sorry Sir,
Please don’t make me sit in the naughty corner again.
rofl rofl

no kill him ,Then you can use him as a marker bouy at your dive spot or put an engine on the back of him saves you swimming.

spiderman that webcam has not worked for a long time.

It runs on Java which can be a bit tempermental at times. My computer prompted me to install a Java update recently which may be why it started working again.

Got it working had to download java again ,cant see anything its pitch black.
night dive not sure about that i would not be able to stop thinking about sharks:) as i had an ecounter with one this summer probably a basking shark by the way it was swimming on the surface. Still i would like to see smallish porbegale one day.

Dived at meadfoot today and what a waste of time also it was the worse dive ever first of all i decided to wear a 3mm shortie underneath my 5mm suit. This was bad as it was so tight i could just about move my ribs and my throat was just able to move. Also i needed more than an extra lb of weight so i was finding it hard to stay on the bottom. So i stop on a rock which was just above the surface to losen the neck when suddenly my mask dropped of the top of my head i didnt see it come off but i noticed it sinking, as i dived to get it back the glove on my knee wich i forgot about started to drift away i didnt notice that it came of untill i got back on the rock again and saw it drifting away with my (unloaded) gun so jumped back in leaving my mask on the rock. I got my stuff and as i swam back i watched my mask fall of ,so full steam a head before it sinks to the bottom. Finally i was ready to start spearfishing again, an hour past and all i had seen was some small bass and pollock and the swell was pissing me of as it kept flouding my snorkel. The other disaster was with my wetsuit getting it off i must of looked very funny, but i was just waiting to see some stupid tourist:vangry and his family laughing at merofl , lucky there was nt because they would have tasted my spear.

You can all have a laugh at my last dive of the year.:)

Last edited:
Also i didnt write a report on satarday when i went oddicombe as i didnt get anything. Just a warning that there is a big gill net down there which runs from oddicombe to babbacombe its got no surface buoys so im sure it illegal.:rcard just warning in case any one goes down there.

i have reported 2 gill nets before and nothing happens to them:rcard ,they just think its some fisherman moaning because he is not catching any fish.

The scuba divers have probably seen it and reported it anyway or the cafe man.

Well, I had the ear op yestarday, here's how it went down.

Turned up at 8am and was told I'd be second to go, having been cancelled on last time.

I was weighed, given some paracetomol and anti-inflamtories before the surgery. I got into my nice little gown and was led down to the anaesthetic team in the room next to the theatre. A team of 4 or 5 came in and prepped me. Its nice when you get a 40-50 year old guy with grey hair and a moustache shoving the needles in 'cause you know your in good hands, I barely felt a thing.

Next thing I know there's a really cold feeling in my lower arm. All I remember after that is waking up 1hour20mins later in the recovery room, not really in much discomfort (halleluiah). I though I'd overslept and missed my appointment! Had a bit of a sore throat as they had intubated me (shoved pipe down my throat to keep the airway open. This went pretty soon though.

I didn't seem to wait too long in there before they wheeled me back to the ward. Managed a few bits of stogy pasta and rice pudding an hour later (can't really chew anything too hard as it disturbs my ear - shame, my mum bought me some steak as a treat). I felt quite dizzy, even moving my head side to side in bed but was able to waddle to the toilet by 2pm. I felt really light on my feet, like I was walking on the moon or something. I was also quite cold when I first came around but soom got my temparture back to normal.

The ear is a bit sore today but nothing a few paracetemol and ibuprofen can't handle. It all went ok apparently and the surgeon just nippped the bone off at the narrow point (imagine the narrow part of a light bulb). Its all 'packed' to keep it all in and keep other stuff out. Still weeping a bit, hence the gore in the photos. I am going back in 2 weeks to have it all pulled out, I hope that will be ok. I just want to get back to doing normal things. I've just got myself a new mountain bike too and just want to get out and thrash it but that will have to wait. I'm sure daytime telly was much better when I was a studentrofl Just staying at home for the time being and milking it with the ladyfriend:crutch :chatup

Attachments

• DSC00339.JPG
    DSC00339.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC00340.JPG
    DSC00340.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: Mr. X and foxfish
God Jez - looks gruesome - what was wrong with your ear in the first place - I have had two baratrauma's myself but I haven't been under the knife...

'twas a good case of 'surfer's ear'. Or in med speak a cranial osteoma in the external ear canal (boney nubbin). Just hope it doesn't get infected of that could really ruin christmas!:)

Reactions: gutshot
Hey, snap. Sounds like you got on ok though. I read your messages before but opted not to mention i'd had it done as mine was bad. I didn't want to scare you off as i know a few people who have had it each with different results. For the 2 weeks after the op i was in agony. Tramadol to keep on top of the pain. On the plus side my wife and i had just had a baby so when i slept on my good ear i couldn't hear a thing. Great so long as i was drugged up.

Just you wait till the 2 weeks is up and they remove the packing. Your hearing will be amazing. make sure you use some good ear plugs now though as once the surfers ear is removed it grows back much quicker if you keep on going into the water (and lets be honest, i doubt you will stop!!).

Chin up and keep on milking it!

Ogreeny

Attachments

• gross.JPG
    gross.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT