• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South Wales Club

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey Ash

Shame on the Pwlldu front pal. I usually park either by Bishopston post office, or in South Gower's ground and then walk down.

Went to a wedding on Saturday, but went for a swim at Broughton on Sunday lunchtime. Saw loads of starfish and two massive jellies that I nearly swam straight in to; but not much else. Viz was ok though!

Hoping to get in one night this week, but off for some food and beers tomorrow so can't do Wednesday.

--
Jeff
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I seen the rugby ground, how far is the walk from there then? I wasn't sure and didn't want to risk it with all my gear!

Further than you think! Doesn't look far on Google Maps, but I'd say 15 minutes or so. Just walk to the end of the road and you'll see a gate, then a really old road going down the hill on the right. Go right, follow it around and you can't miss it then pal.

--
Jeff
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I drove all the way down to that gate and didn't fancy taking my car down that old track! Definitely have to get in there one day though looks a nice little bay!

Hi all.

I'm new to DB.
I'm also new to spearfishing and god damn, it's fun. I've done about 10 dives with a gun although I've been scuba and free diving for 7 or 8 years.

Did my first dive in the gower last week (mewslade.) I was well pleased with the vis (2-4m), and the fish (bass and mullet).
Is anyone willing to suggest any other gower based sites? All of the south coast looks good on google maps, but is there some where on the north of the gower for when the south coast is no good? Burry Holms looks like it could be good, but it also looks like a massive trek. Maybe the corner of Broughton Bay?
Any tips would be very welcome.

I'll be relocating to South Wales and wanted to post here so I can find this thread again. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with some of you at some point, though I guess it's getting close to the end of the end of dive season.

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Glad you had some viz at mewslade, it's been a pretty poor year and I've had no luck at all, always seem to be away when the viz picks up!

South coast like you said is usually the best bet, not to sure about any viz at all on the north coast due to the Loughor estuary! I imagine it gets better when the tides are quite idol but as soon as they start picking up it will probably turn to a brown mess! If you do venture that way let us know how it goes!

I probably won't be getting in now until next summer just because I'm not confident enough to have a crack at it in the dark and I'm sure the swell will start to pick up as we get closer to winter! I'm down the gower most weekends throughout the summer though so keep in touch and hopefully we can meet up some time!

Ash!

Hope everyone is ok guys, long time out of Spearfishing for me I've been working away all summer. All hyped for next year tho with a trip Spearfishing in Thailand to kick the season off :) time to dust of the rod and reels for the cod!

Stay safe

Just read about the trip to Thailand mate and I am more than jealous! That seriously is a trip of a lifetime I bet you can't wait! Have a good winter and hopefully we can get out in the water more next summer!

Yeah definatley Ash, Ive started my degree now part time so work cant send me away as much as they would like to!

Hi.
I have tried to find Welsh spearfishing clubs to meet people and start spearfishing in Wales...Swansea Gower area. Used to spearfish back home. I now live in abergavenny ... If u see this and can help with some info please email me at george.serghiou@gmail.com .

Thanks

George

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT