• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing Photos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hi icarus,

I agree with protecting ALL rare fish.
that picture dates back to Nov 1976

For many years now I have been hunting only to eat.

No Cal eh? where?
I used to live in Morro Bay(check the careening Photo)

if you call me Herr
I'll call you Mister...

...peter,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey peterk i don`t know from where i could find it. I just saw it while searching. Diving with whites muhahaha u must be kidding.I am wondering how many people can handle their flee with that situation even had an iron ball is not enough IYA.I will post one more picture for peterk.BTW thread is not white shark SPEARFISHING PHOTOS so post ur pics plz:p

Last edited:
Hi all . Am not shure who the original owner of the G.W. photos is , but saw them on the 2000 Picasso catalogue .
C'mon guys , SOMEONE must have a spearing photo or two !:)

Re: SA Boys

Originally posted by Murat
I am wondering how brave is these South African boys. They always potential dinner to the whites and all others. Hey abri can you share your shark experiences? May be big ugly great white like shown below?:D :D

See the shark's pectroral fins, the way they are dropped down from the usual horizontal position? That's a sure as Hell sign that you need to do two things, as the white is going into attack mode- 1) Get your ass out of the water, and 2) Clean your ass area in your suit.

sven

Hey Sven ; am I mistaken or is the spearo's gun in the first GW photo loaded and then unloaded in the second ?
At least he has a gun , would you trade places with the photographer ?

It looks that way, Abri.

Tell you the honest truth, about being the photographer, if I saw that thing's fins drop and the back arch, I'd be gone. I've had a couple of run-ins with these landlords, a recollection is posted in the freediving stories thread, as well as having had them cruise by my back while working, (you can feel the pressure wave), and I've developed a very nice sense of mortality, as in I'll leave the area.

There's a great number of these things here in North California and with the otter and seal populations being protected and enhanced, the numbers of the Whites are only going to grow, unless these idiots insist on harassing them for catalog photos with bait, making them remain in the areas that later get strung with nets and hooks. These things were here waaay before me, so they can have the place, far as I'm concerned.

sven

No lie sven , when I see one of those I exit the water pronto with no regard for personal dignity :eek:
I believe you guys in Cal also have similar issues as ourselves regarding the cage diving practice ? I am emphatically anti .
Please save me some research , what story ?:duh

OK OK, Give you Riffe-ded fishes

I like this photo because it is taken by a very small Riffe Competitor #3 about 125-130cm sized gun. Typical set up is 3 x 12mm bands with 7mm Hawaiian shaft. Grouper or Jewfish of these size probably have steel belted head:D :D. If this picture is an honest 1 gun affair, the spearo must have had a very-very good shot. I handle big grouper ( not this big:D ) and at 400 lbs, I am sure even a Steve Alexander 8 banded Tuna gun hitting only mid body will give the spearo hell of a ride. So I judged and like a photo/catch not by the size of the catch but also by the difficulty the spearo overcame with his mini-size equipment.

IYA

Another photo taken by a Riffe Competitor #4. A 38 kg sailfish taken in Australia. This is a +- 145cm from the "weakest" Riffe series. Typical set-up is 3 x 14mm bands with 7mm Hawaiian shaft.

Many people assumed all Riffes must be huge guns, the Competitor is more of a Euro gun sized, slightly beefier stock but this is sure CHEAPER than top of the line Omer or Picasso Carbon xxxxx something, length for length. Sure won't swing as fast as smaller barrel Euro but in a good hand it is just as deadly.

YEP, all taken from Riffe Album. Easiest 2 find source.

IYA

Last edited:
We REALLY have lots of Iggies :D

Attachments

• small iggy copy.jpg
    small iggy copy.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,201
Nah , it's a couta (king mackerel) . Look closely and you will see the black spot on the caudal peduncle .:D

oh i see it now...i was basing my judgement on the angle on the dangle:D

It's tricky to base your assessments on that b/c as you know, the angle of the dangle is inversley proportioned to the heat of the beat!!!:naughty :naughty :naughty

And we have lots of Groupers here. The guy in the pic is not me:) .

I always forget to post my pic.This is why i am posting it in my second:D

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT