• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing Photos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The bugs look a bit like Caliornia Spiny Lobster. Just green and a bit smoother on the legs and tail.

Speared this Peto some time ago. Big lobsta ! and Sama grande !!!!!!

Attachments

• DSC07751 (Large).JPG
    DSC07751 (Large).JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 2006_0409lango0084 (Medium).JPG
    2006_0409lango0084 (Medium).JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Samabiggie(Large).JPG
    Samabiggie(Large).JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
My First Hogfish- 19" to the Fork and 4#- Shot in FT. Lauderdale going in from shore- Out about 500 Yards.

Attachments

• PIC_0384.jpg
    PIC_0384.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 207
  • PIC_0376.jpg
    PIC_0376.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 194
One filet- I put it on the Grill and the other Filet I battered and fried.- Both really good!

Hi Iya and Murat .
As to speared Marlin turning on divers , I have often speared with the likes of Jimmy Uys , The Nielsen brothers and Allan Heydorn ; all current or past Marlin and Sailfish record holders . Have personally speared two Marlin and six Sailies . I have never heard of a case of a billfish turning on a spearo .Have heard of it happening elsewhere , but no confirmed instance , maybe someone on the forum knows of a confirmed case ?:confused:
Iya , am embarrassed to admit the marlin only weighed 60 kg.:eek:
I speared it with a old RAILLESS 130 cm with a SINGLE 20 mm. band . 7mm spear and single flopper . rofl
True , with a longer reach I might have landed some of the others
but all present billfish records were speared with similar equipment to mine . Some you win....;)

I know a guy who is a humpback whale researcher who spends the winter season here in hawaii. He was out filming a pod of sudo-orcas or "false killer whales"(close cousin to the pilot whale). these whales were "herding" a 500lb "hawaiian broadbill sword fish." While he was filming the swordfish turned its attention on him and actually attacked him. He was able to deflect the bill (with the camera) from hitting him in the face but the bill entered his shoulder and pushed up into his neck. Missed his coronic artery by milimeters. He survived the attack but it took him six months to recover.

I would not put it past a wounded animal to attack a spearfisherman. There may not be any reported cases of it....yet!:martial

Ok, back on topic. Here are a few pics from last year.
My girlfriend found the octopus when we were on the Big Island at South Point. She has got what we call the "tako eye" tako being octopus in japanese. Everytime i take her diving or snorkeling she finds at least 2 or three. She wont kill them and gets pissed if I even think about it. She just plays with them(torchures:blackeye) and lets them go. No "Tako Poke" for me:(

The three uku at a favorite spot near my house.

The larger uku from a wreck in 96ft, about 1/4 mile boat ride from my house:t

Attachments

• DSC00704.jpg
    DSC00704.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 257
  • big uku.jpg
    big uku.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 3 uku.jpg
    3 uku.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 207
My latest pics from a trip with friends to Panama's Pacific side. All taken with pole spear. Good times, good fish. All personal bests for each species. These are the first Cubera's I've ever speared. 1st was 25lb second was 50lb kill shot. They are extremely rare in Bermuda but quite common in Panama.
1 35lb Amberjack sleigh ride.

Attachments

• Panama Cubera 25lbs.jpg
    Panama Cubera 25lbs.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Panama Cubera 50lbs..jpg
    Panama Cubera 50lbs..jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Panama  Amberjack 35lbs.JPG
    Panama Amberjack 35lbs.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: Whopperhead
i had been to panama once and their beaches are really great! i also had the chance to spear one big fish there! it was huge. . and healthy!

on 14 th april 2008 this `local`spearfisherman landed this nice Giant Travally in french Polynesia .he did not weighted the fish and never thought about claiming for any possible record such as world record ..
he was just happy to eat the fish .....!!
gt_14_10.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. X
not so much fishing for me of late, waiting for baby to be born.....

but the waters are clearing, here are a couple of shots from two weeks ago. the big black fish are groupers called Vieja or Mulatas. The live in caves from 8 to 20M depth, these two were in 17 and 12M respectively. On the day I got the fish in the right picture I lost another twice the size due to stupidity:head

Attachments

• vieja_carluti.jpg
    vieja_carluti.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 211
  • april2008_vieja.jpg
    april2008_vieja.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: Mr. X
hey i just got my new sten mini mini pnematic and took it out for a test run tonight...i went out to a freshwater hole but the vizz was the worst i have ever hunted in... (3 foot at best) so i started blitzing the fish and takeing them by suprize i got this nice 30lb coy with a stone shot to the head. its a great gun i rate a 5/5 the only down side is the neat little holster is worthless once the gun is strung. other than that is just the right weight and shoots with great power for its size.

IMG_7219.jpg

sixshooter- you guys have KOY in your lakes? Or did you take a dip in the city's wishing well? j/k :D

ha ha, I have no clue how they got there but there all over our local rivers and lakes... the best thing I can come up with is that they where spread during the big flood in 98 the whole country side was flooded and all the golf ponds and such overflowed into the rivers... they have just been multiplying since then ha ha I have seen over 100 in a day... but normally I am out for diff targets. Today I was just out for a hunt. It was good fun and only the 3rd or 4th I have taken. The meats not bad if you cook it right and you bleed the fish.

and now that you mention it,
i saw a rather larg bass in the town swimming holeroflrofl

peace,
Murphy

Thought this was about right on. :wave

Attachments

• Spearfishing.jpg
    Spearfishing.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 192
WTF!?! I'm getting email alerts that Scott is posting on a thread that is almost hitting puberty. rofl

Reactions: Whopperhead
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT