• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spooo-raaa-suuuuub!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The Revolution fins look indeed very interesting, though I wonder if the are sufficiently streamlined - on the first look they look relatively clumsy, but the impression may be wrong. Also the lapse of side rails makes me little bit skeptical. I hope Spago finds us quick an Italian store where they sell them for 40€, so that we can test them ourselves!

mhh...40 euro....PM me six months from now and I'll find you a deal on those fins rofl

at first impression I do not believe much in the Revolution fins (but then who am I to doubt they have made some serious R & D, testing et cetera). But I still find it hard to believe that the drag of the shoes won't be a problem, that the leakage inside the shoes won't be annoying, that the abscence of water rails (except those drift bits near the front edge) won't be a problem.....

That's the most interesting range of gear I've seen in an age. No guns yet though...

I am skeptical too regarding the lack of rails but dapiran blades have similar rails only at the end of the blade and I know of people that prefere those to mustang for spearfishing (while prefere c4 for freediving)
Also I would have liked carbon blades..... hopefully some carbon blade artisan will find the way to adapt carbon blades as they did with the mustang shoe (gftcarbon)

@hudasmt
@strangelove

Thanks guys. I'll check it out.
I am just a little bit concerned about water rail. I suspect that might be the bit that does not go into the foot pocket.

Thanks spaghetti

They look good, I like the reel, but the gun is just like an HF, I rather have the HH muzzle simpler have the lifters, makes the shot more quite. I am also not thrill about the sizes 105 is the longest must be targeting the euro market.

I am still puzzle by the omer move, I always had the omer brand be higher quality then sporasub or at least more exotic. The only reason I can see is now they are going to have new gear on the fall under the omer brand and new gear on the spring sporasub brand.

wishbone looks like my smoby of SEATEC rofl

took omer a year to copy :naughty

but
sliptip looks deadly :vangry

If you watch the blade-shoe attachment of the Sporasub Revolution, the concept is the same of the c4Mustang, and the simple idea of a left-right shoe with strings (or velcro doesn't matter) comes from C4 mustang as well. Then the Sporasub Revolution blade with those drift bits looks very similar to the drift bits of the Seatec Vela blades, then the ONE wishbone is a glaring derivation of the Seatec Smoby wishbone et cetera et cetera.....
Of course we could go on until tomorrow with this "looks very similar to...." kind of thing, and nothing wrong with it: each and every honest opinion is welcome and respected on Deeperblue.
But we have to bear in mind that in the evolution of freediving and spearfishing gear through the years, with a few noble exceptions, almost every item came from developing a previous idea (someone else's idea most of the times) and there's nothing wrong with it.
In my opinion, we can only mark a sharp difference between developing someone else's idea (nothing wrong) as a starting point for a new, different product, and simply cloning-copying, which is unfair and doesn' deserve any respect IMHO.
In the ONE-Sporasub catalogues I can't see any clones: everything looks new. They took some good ideas from other manufacturers, but then developped those ideas to make their own, different gear.
Or did I miss something?

Last edited:
Hey guys, we had the great honor bestowed to us by Omer of displaying the new product line first at the tradeshow in Ft.Lauderdale this month before it debuted in Europe so here's a couple quick facts, about the new Sporasub, Omer, and C4 products:

C4 MonoFlap fin - A carbon variable thickness mono-fin with high visibility Mustang foot-pockets for freedivers, made of VGR T-700 strand. The lay and impregnation of the carbon strand is beautiful and flawless like only C4 can do with carbon fiber. Stiffness soft 25 feel.
VGR 81 - a new VGR version of the venerable 80 C4 blades used for record attempts but with T-700 strand, longer, and high visibility anatomical Mustang pockets. The T-700 strand now employed by C4 in all the fin range is 40% stronger and lighter than the previous models.
I was told C4 has not suffered a single occurance of breakage either by user error or product fault with the new strand.

Sporasub highlights as I see them:
The line is all nice and high end. I think time and use will prove it.
The Revolution fin is a bold aproach to spearfishing. The footpockets were tested in a saltwater environment aging test for 100 days and NO degradation of the materials occurred. About the fin - all I can say is people will have to try them before they can judge them, I was skeptical too but not after using them for a few days.
The guns - as high end as the technology of Hydroforming employed in current Omer models can go. Aside from the hydroformed barrel with variable shapes depending on length, the handles are rubberized w/ a stainless loop under the handle, the muzzle is a solid block of CNC machined aluminum. The finish is a really nice and a protective film coating applied through a chemical process that protects the barrel and camo's it in an easthetically and tactile pleasing way. The bands are all tested individually for power/pull effort ratio on a machine, the wishbone is practical, and the shaft has a patented system that Omer worked on for a long time void of springs that makes for an aerodynamic arrow. The reel is the best I've ever used but of course I'm biased:)
The new tip works well, is as well made as can be, and I've had lot's of great feedback from field testing as the photos confirm. Made here at home in USA.
The wetsuits - use a combination of the best Japanese neoprenes on the market, the stitching is very well done, the cut is flattering and the seem gluing and finishing is very nice. The colors and design are innovative and well you can probably see, beautiful I think anyway.
The masks and the snorkels: mask, lower volume than an Abyss or Bandit (among the lowest on the market), better peripheral vision than our Omer Alien! The snorkel is a high end version with nicer rubber compounds than the Zoom Soft as I see it. The forest green color on the top part where the snorkel is soft is pretty cool I think.
The Float boards are both well made and technical by nature. It's impressive how light the big board is for its size and how many features it has to make shore diving more practical.
The weight belt system is a classic Marsigliese pronounced "marsi-llaiis" with a crotch strap and stainless clip which prevents the belt from sliding and moving during movement.
The Flashlight is so bright it won't illuminate the cave or wreck, it will freeze the fish like a deer in headlights. The neat thing about the light when I first saw it was when they took it apart. The LED brain was removed from the body, dropped in a bucket of water and re-inserted into the flashlight and worked like it never happened. Externally the flashlight is waterproof obviously but internally as well.
I probably left some stuff out but shooting from the hip this is what excites me most about our new line. Of course all this comes at a price so I'm not expecting anything economical:)

Clear waters,

ps- I'm posting this here first for no other reason that with my family commitments outside of working in spearfishing 10 hours a day I don't have a lot of time to be active in more forums so I don't mind if you share this with anyone outside this forum or on other forums at all.

Last edited:
Hey guys, we had the great honor bestowed to us by Omer of displaying the new product line first at the tradeshow in Ft.Lauderdale this month before it debuted in Europe so here's a couple quick facts, about the new Sporasub, Omer, and C4 products:
Hi Mark- glad to have you finally weigh in with the straight scoop. It was good to see you again in Fort Lauderdale.

I guess should add that the thing that interested me most at the Omer/Sporasub booth was a nice slip tip with a thin cable and an adapter for shafts with 6 mm threads. I think Mark developed it himself, so I don't know which brand gets to claim it.

Hi Mark- glad to have you finally weigh in with the straight scoop. It was good to see you again in Fort Lauderdale. QUOTE]

You too Bill, you keep good looking company at those events:D Feel free to bring your people by our stand anytime...

TRUX cont. from another thread - regarding the concern of the wash out effect of the fins absent of side rails, the models I used didn't have the three finlets or small water grabbers that they later added. Depending on what you're doing while spearfishing, these fins are designed for spearfishing primarily, you're skulling and moving sideways sometimes and in my experience you loose traction with full length rails. I like a compromise between full/flat for this reason to spearfish. Full length rails like C4 uses in the Mustangs/81 apnea fins grab the water and channel the flow much better, an important asset particularly ascending and descending vertically on deep dives trying to get the most efficiency. On the C4 spearfishing models the parabolic rail profile height changes through the blade to allow for better sideways movement. The angle of the blade in the C4 system is also better suited to deep diving with a more natural kick. This is important for deep freediving attempts and apnea divers and trainers. (you won't see Kirk Krack wearing the revolution any time soon for what he does and teaches)
You have to compromise on the designs based on the discipline they're intended for, I found the Revolution works best with a completely different fin stroke, short kicks that don't work the thighs as much as a conventional freediving fin, diagonal ascents and descents and mid-water movents, typical of the movements done spearfishing because of the angle of the blade relative to the shoe, 26 degrees. This alone is a big inclination change considering 17 I think is standard, the shoe fits so nicely it helps you push the water comfortably on your climb to the surface. I found my legs and ankles weren't sore after 5 hours of diving which is hard not to experience with a regular angle of freediving fins regardless of the blade material. Like I said everything is a compromise. It will be interesting to see what other divers find when they try them and really get a chance to use them. Well, I better motivate and get moving here, clear waters and safe dives fellas,

ps- check out www.divewise.org, a really great new organization

pps- The tip is a low profile version with principles I found in the nicest American spearfishing big game tips (mori/alexander) plus a few of my own and it hasn't been duly clarified as Bill noted that my American made tip will be under the new ONE spearfishing line that's part of Sporasub. I get to assemble swage and check every tip myself so if you're stop sleeve ever slips or you experience any issue you know who to blame

Last edited:
Reactions: Erik
I for one REALLY like the sound of these fins. Anyone know when they're likely to be widely available in Europe?

Well, similarly as many other DB members, I consider myself rather a freediver, and am not a spearfisher, so when chosing fins, I do not much care about how they perform in maneuverability, and do not bother about other properties specific to spearfishing. And when I am diving just recreationally, I can take any paddles I find; it makes very little difference. However, when we speak about freediving as a sport discipline, the streamliness, the proper chanelling of water, the laminarity of flow, and the right angle do play a very important role. So from this point of view, I am curious how the fins would perform for that purpose too. Or perhaps we'll see other manufacturers soon using similar concept but implemented with sportive freediving on mind.

Well I, similarly to many other DB members, am a spearfisherman, for whom such functions are primary in our consideration. That they don't suit you is a shame, but makes it no less worthy a product. :)

Me, I've tried many footpockets and not found any that I'm 100% happy with, they've all given me cramp to some extent, this design has the potential to make my diving cramp free, for which I would be forever in Omer/Sporasubs debt.

Don't take my words wrong Magpie, I have nothing against spearfishers, and nothing against equipment developed specifically for them. I just expressed my hope that someone will created similar fins, but with freediving needs on mind. I hope there was nothing offensive in it.

Reactions: Erik
i always laugh at the oxymoron freediver/spearfisher. one is hard to do without the other, but only one way around :duh(too much coffee this AM)

i just got back from a freedive/spear trip with an amazing french guy who would do 3:00 dives spearing at 35M. Guess what fins he used? C4 Falcons.

regarding the glue, octopus, for the rubber to the C4 blades, I used superglue and it holds really well: apply little, and not in big areas. Kinda like "spot welding". I believe there is a "more flexible" superglue in some markets too.

Reactions: octopus
i just got back from a freedive/spear trip with an amazing french guy who would do 3:00 dives spearing at 35M. Guess what fins he used? C4 Falcons.

What is the best regarded stiffness for the C4 falcons ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
i weigh 65Kg am 1.79 tall and spear up to 30m in warmer waters, 25 in colder, the 25's are great for me. If you are heavier, user thicker suits, or simply have more powerful legs, the 30's may be good. If you are a monster (power or size): 40's. my 5 cents, but there are tons of threads here.

if in doubt though, go softer rather than harder

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT