• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spooo-raaa-suuuuub!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks for the reply azapa, main reason I ask Is because I have bought a pair of C4's which happen to be 40's and I am around 75KG and 6 ft tall, reasonably strong legs, and I have used them in the pool a few times and they feel ok?

Maybe the test will come when I use them with a wetsuit on this year?

Joe

The foot pockets is another variable, I try the C4/30 with omer pockets, they felt too soft, but the same fin with spetton pockets felt just right.

I sent it to info@c4carbon.com on 03.12.08.
Perhaps it got missed, xmas and all that.
Not to worry.

Just wanted to know which glue is used to stick side-rubbers to the fin blade.
Is it possible to buy side-rubbers (the ones that go into the foot pocket) somewhere (see photo)?

Thank you very much. :)

We suggest to use a cianoacrilic glue as Attack.
Abouy the side-rubbers, it is possible to have them, send me an e-mail at C4. :)

I did not see yet the Sporasub Revolution fins in any store here locally, but found them at Sporasub Revolution black, Apnoeflosse
They cost 169€ which is not too bad, but I hope it may be possible to find them even cheaper in Italy. Spago, didn't you see them yet in any of your favorite stores? Anyone saw an independent review?

EDIT: in the German store they are available for pre-orders only. They write they'll be on stock in May.

Last edited:
I did not see yet the Sporasub Revolution fins in any store here locally, but found them at Sporasub Revolution black, Apnoeflosse
They cost 169€ which is not too bad, but I hope it may be possible to find them even cheaper in Italy. Spago, didn't you see them yet in any of your favorite stores? Anyone saw an independent review?

EDIT: in the German store they are available for pre-orders only. They write they'll be on stock in May.

That's cheaper than I thought, Trux, much cheaper than I thought.
Re. questions: No I havent' seen them yet. In my favourite stores it's still "coming soon".
No I havent' read any independent review so far, but you'll always be hard pressed to find any independent review on divegear anywhere in Italy ('nuff said) :head.

That's cheaper than I thought, Trux, much cheaper than I thought.
Yes, I expected a very high price, so was surprised too. At this price I may be willing to try them too. When nothing else, it may be interesting to have the footpockets and experimenting with other blades.

In addition, the German store offers free shipping in Germany, and takes just 10€ for shipping within EU. And for non-EU customers, the final price may be even lower or about the same - there is 27€ VAT included in the price, which would likely easily cover the higher shipping cost.

They would have been a good deal in the UK a year or two ago, not so with the current exchange rate:( -- but in theory that should change over the next year of two (lower interest rates, weak currency -> growth opportunity). I really like the idea -- not so keen on the ski-type & cycling-type closures - they could easily catch in rocks, weed, float line, fishing line, etc.. My Shimano road shoes just have single folder over, velcro'd cover + 1 velcro strap, something like would be safer (also easier to get out of).

My Shimano road shoes just have single folder over, velcro'd cover + 1 velcro strap, something like would be safer (also easier to get out of).
Yeah, I wondered too why they did not use a single large strap. Also from hydrodynamic point of view it would be much better. Personally, if I owned the fins, I'd probably pull a thin rubber or neoprene sock over the shoes, to improve the hydrodynamics, and avoid catching weed with it.

I read the opinions of a couple of people that tried them
at first they say it is quite strange to use the fins but after a few dives they said the fins are quite good and the pockets extremely confortable (this is what I am looking after)
Hopefully we will se carbon blades soon
there is a post on pescasubacquea.net forum by a user that tried them (by the way the moderator of the technical area "giodapi" is Giorgio Dapiran)

Last edited:
Yes, I read similar posts (possibly from the same person), on the italian forum of Apnea Academy

cmon trux! for all of us english only speaking divers (well danish as well for me but not to many reports around in danish)what was the opnion on the fins???!!!!!

Reactions: Mark Laboccetta
hmm overall sounds like it is a bit of a revolution in fins, will take a bit of time to get used to but the increased angle will allow for better streamling during the sink phase of the dive and much better for surface swimming (wont have to bend the knees as much if at all). looking forward to giving them a try!!!!

DD

3694054478_80d6597c2c_o_d.jpg

3723780503_f7376442fb_o_d.jpg

3724589292_4a9b402c05_o_d.jpg

3723781639_991c67f681_o_d.jpg

3723779181_248276b440_o_d.jpg

3723779607_973de03e9d_o_d.jpg

3624174775_f98d0433b6_o_d.jpg

3624176239_3b801a4c68_o_d.jpg

3624175541_d2a6a2e8cd_o_d.jpg

Reactions: TimoP and Mr. X
3624175169_6c13361833_o_d.jpg

3624992220_d83674617c_o_d.jpg

3624177479_705a6422c1_o_d.jpg

3624177275_5d02e6319d_o_d.jpg

3624993350_dfbc76c105_o_d.jpg

MORE...
[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/kurtchambers/sets/72157621511681944/show/"]June 2009 - Corsair[/ame]
[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/kurtchambers/sets/72157619723136202/show/"]June 2009 - Haiku[/ame]

Reactions: ILDiver
Very cool pictures:cool:. Never experienced water that clear. Clip-on fins - interesting - the shape of things to come? If they were clear (like Omer ice) it would look like he was spearing in cycling shoes:D

Last edited:
ODD, I'm waiting to read a review from you on these fins. I was going to get a pair to test, but based on some comments from you and Paul I have held off. I love my rekords, but would not mind giving these a go.

I e-mailed Mark L. His e-mail reads that they are the best fin on the planet :)

those fins are on display in my local dive shop here in kuwait. they seem to be of flimsy construction and there is something about that cycling shoe that sends red flags up like crazy. hows the performance?

Ditto ,, looks like that "shoe" could get stinky after awhile :)

I think ill stay with my C4s

those fins are on display in my local dive shop here in kuwait. they seem to be of flimsy construction and there is something about that cycling shoe that sends red flags up like crazy. hows the performance?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT