• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Static Challenge

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
why not....

Why not.... make a new thread for this subject? Everyone can set their goals / targets in it for 2003 and post their performances.

Fred S.

hi

Just post them here, since Erik has been good enough to set up this awsome thread keep it going. Its a never ending static duel right.

cheers

Hi Jani & Abbie,
Couldn't help noticing your posts as I am
attempting to sponsor a very keen female freediver over here. Having been happily married once (widowed) and spending my entire life in the company of females (2 daughters) and being brought up by a host of them, I might be able to shed a little light. Good performance in apnea is
a battle between the 'buzz' of a big one and the discomfort of same, or in other words 'mood'. As a man I know that men are motivated by a powerful urge to get there come what
may, probably testosterone-led. One can summon up that mood
at almost any time. I have observed that females are more subject to changes in mood than we are - could this be part of the prob? I know that when I am (rarely) not in the 'mood' the exercise is academic and without inspiration.

Cheers, David

Thanks Ivan !
Maybe i should set some goals for this year!;)
I think that 6:30 dry should be posible.
Yeah that's it!!
I have 11months time to do it so I beter get started!

I do have some questions.
Does eneybody count contractions? I do.
But I only get to 30-35. 35 is the top limit.
I can't get over that
Is that alot?:confused:

Zipy

hi

I never count contractions as in the number of them but sometimes I count how long I hold them for my best is 2:15 of contractions. Probably only 20 or so. Lately the water is cold and for some reason I can hardly hold them for a minute. 35 is a reasonable amount from what Ive seen. Wr holder Martin S got 74 contractions for his 8:06 record. But he is a freak. Good luck on your goals.

cheers

My friend Tyler did 6'30 with 110 contractions. (Starting at 3'00). My friend Peter Pazdera can go for even more. Apparently he goes through the contractions in sets of 50. i.e. 1.2.3...50: ONE! 1.2.3...50: TWO! 1.2.3...50: THREE! 1.2.3....50: FOUR! etc..

Personally I have managed just over 40 contractions.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

hi Eric

What times does peter get if he is taking 200 contractions, freak.

cheers

I think Peter P's max is around 5'30 or 6'00, but he gets contractions super early, around 2'00.

It would suck to reach 2'00, get the first contraction, and think to yourself; alright! Only 4 more minutes and 199 more contractions!!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

I watched Peter do a static last year, and it was very strange to see! I've never seen anything like it before....his contractions are short, quick, and are like a machine-gun.
But he pulls off some good times...
Cheers,
Erik Y.

hi

Yeah Eric too right. I couldnt imagine anything worse then getting your first at 2 and go for 200. My motivation drops thinking about holding 1:30 of contractions.

cheers

hi

200 contractions that's madness!!
How is this posible.

I get my first contraction betwen 2:30 and 2:45. And at that time it is ok, but from 4:00 till 5:00 it's a living hell for me.

I can't imagine to have contractions for 4:00 minutes!

Zipy

I have suffered through 60 contractions for a 6 minute static in the past....no fun and the number is approximate, since at that point I was barely conscious!
40 reasonably strong contractions starting at 4 or 4:30 is ok though......sort of :head sometimes I wonder....
Cheers,
Erik Y.

contractions

OK gang. I did nine dry statics today; 2:30/3:30 down to :45/3:30 and one of 4:00/max. No pauses. On the first one, the contractions started at two minutes, then they lengthened to almost three. I tried to count them but it was very distracting. When I counted my pulse went up and when I saw that I lost count. The 4 minute vent was 2 minutes 50%, 1 1/2 at 80%, 15 seconds of fire breathing and 15 seconds at 100%. All except the fire was about eight breaths per minute. With the fire breathing, the contractions started at 2:30 and I went back to ignoring them as best I can. At about 5 minutes they stopped for a whole minute. Came back with a vengeance though.

Aloha
Bill

Reactions: Alun
hi

Erik 60 is still a hell of a lot, today for a 5:20 static I got approx 22 contractions but yeah I cant use the mind to control them like you guys do.

Bill are you saying that your contractions actually stopped midway through eg at 5:00. That would be totally cool to be getting hardcore contractions then all of a sudden 1min of free rest. Please happen to me. :D

cheers

zipy

what really helped me lately in doing longer statics was pushing more contractions. until 1 month ago my max number was 45 until one day when i said 'whateva' and just went for it. i counted 60 and had first signs of bo. interestingly the difficulty didn't increase much. the pain was more in extending the suffering of holding hard contractions. the last 15 contractions gave me only 15 extra seconds, but psychologically it helped me a lot. nowadays when i get contractions i stay a lot more relaxed as i know i can hold at least 2 minutes of contractions anytime.

i'm doing this quite regularly now and went to as far as 70+ in 2 1/2 minutes. at the end i always loose count since my concentrations goes elsewhere.

this effort helped me in reaching 6+minutes regularly now.

i also noticed a change in number of contractions per given time. i usually do a set of 3 statics. on the first static i get 25 contractions in the first minute, on the last (max) static i get 15 contractions in the first minute.

so what i hope for with some more training is a) to delay the time when i get contractions, b) to be able to hold more of them, c) to get them with longer intervalls.

about those guys with 200 machine gun contractions: i salute you! i wouldn't want to change with you.;)

cheers

roland

Reactions: Alun
thanks immerlustig

I will try that!
I know that psychological factor is important.

Zipy

hi

So you just said stuff it and kept holding them. Contractions for me are about how motivated I'am to hold them, If I dont feel like it I wont even do a minute. But If im doing good I have held them for 2:15 weird.

Immerlustig

On a 6:00 min static when do you get your first contraction.

cheers

ivan

on a 6+min static i get contractions somewhere between 3:50 - 4:00 minutes.

i have a set routine for doing statics, and contractions and onset of those are rather consistent.

comparing times of my 1st and 2nd statics over a month shows rather similar results. all within 25-30 seconds. comparing my 3rd static (max static) shows bigger variations. somewhere from 30 seconds to more than a minute. shorter max statics for me are very much related to my state of mind (relaxation, distractions etc.). other factors like diet , sleep, time and exercise i keep rather constant.

generally i just go with the flow. when i don't feel like having a perfect day, i still do statics but take it easier. overcoming frustration after having been too eager is very hard for me. there are periods of 1-2 months where i hardly do any statics.

but that's the nice thing about beeing a recreational freediver. no competition stress.

roland

hi

yeah im aiming for the same numbers as you eg delaying them to 4min. Would you be able to outline a standard day eg like 1st static when contractions start, 2nd static, 3rd static etc. This is so I can get an idea of what I have to aim for. Im getting closer to 6mins so I should take the same appraoch as you cos your at 6min right. Soon I think I will take your attitude on contractions and just go nuts and hold them till Im gonna kill myself.

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT