• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Static Challenge

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
HI

Yeah Ivan just go for it !!!
I did it is unbelivable!! I just did 5:25 static WITH 63 CONTRACTIONS!!!! JIIIIIIHA!!!
If this is how it will go on i will reach 6:30 very soon.

:D :D :D :D

Zipy

Reactions: Alun
hi

Congrats on the Pb whats more impressive is that you held 63 contractions like I said the other day I did a 5:20 with 22 contractions. Tommorow I will try some more dry statics and see if I can hold 30.

cheers

zipy

congratulations, man. wicked improvement!

ivan

static time of contr. number of contr. effort

3:20-3:45 2:30-2:45 30-35 60-70%
4:50-5:10 3:20-3:35 40-45 80%
6+ 3:45-4:00 60+ 95+%

breaks in between are 3-4 min between the first 2 statics and 4-6min before the last one.

have fun
:D

roland

Hi guys!

I have one question.
What is with this breaks betwen statics.
I never have longer breaks than 2:0 min (i usualy have 1:30), exept for max attempt i have 3 min break. Should i have more?
What is the optimal break time?

Zipy

zipy

maybe try different breathup times. i personally think, that 1:30 -2:00 for 5 min statics is a bit short. maybe check some older threads also.

also: it is recommended that you take antioxidants (vitamin c,e,a)before/after breath-holding to counter free radical buildup. you'll find some threads on that somewhere as well.

my opinion, that is.

cheers

roland

hi

Thanks Immerlustig for the info so you only do 3 statics I usually do 6. yesterday like I said I would do some dry statics i did 5:30 and like I said i would have a miserable attempt to hold 30 contractions at 5:08 I was at 15 contractions so at 5:30 I was probably 18-20 contactions I was barely alive. Its weird that zipy at around the same static time can handle a mega 63 contractions, whilst myself can hardly do 20. Oh i forgot my contractions started at 3:45.

cheers

hi

thanks for advice immerlustig!
I will try to dig something up from old threads.

ivan
You get contractions at 3:45?
Mine get started at around 2:45, at my last attempt 2:53
Can you delay your contractions? I can delay them for about 10 sec (must work on that).
Can you control them? Or you just let them rip you apart.

Zipy

hi Zipy

This is so cool cos we are at pretty much the same time yet so different at how we get there. I dont know if I can delay them I hyperventilate for 2mins before hand so maybe that delays them. I cant control them when they come I try to count but they end up shaking my whole body and I have to sit up and close my eyes.

cheers

hi

BatRay
i think so you are still holding your breath as long as you can. The way how you do it is your problem. If you move you just burn more O2.
That is how I see it.

Ivan
What is your PB?

Zipy

hi

Zipy my pbs are what I have been posting here so my latest pb is 5:30 which I did 2 days ago I havent tried since then. I only do statics usually 3 times a week. Whats yours

cheers

hi
My PB is 5:25 (i posted it a few days ago).
I train for static every day, but i do my max attempt only once every 4 or 5 days.

Now I will start training outdoor too!

Zipy

hi

Awsome, I should train static every day but I lack motivation and usually if I dont get a pb in a session I get angry with myself which results in even poorer apneas.

cheers

!

I do the same thing Ivan; I get a pb and I'm overjoyed, but my next statics are not as good. And I sometimes get discouraged when I don't improve each time. That takes off some of the stress.

How frequently should someone train for statics?

hi

Yeah its a pain in the ass when you dont hit pbs. As you get better at apnea I guess you have to come to expect that pbs will come less frequently. More reason to celebrate when you do hit a pb

cheers

hi

Yeah ivan each PB is a victory for it self. For me every new PB is like winning in a big contest.

Zipy

hi

Talking of pbs today I did 5:45 its so annoying being so close to 6min. Anyway contractions started at 4:00 counted to 15 before I lost count at around 5:30, the 5:45 was on my 6th attempt at apnea I hyperventilated for 2mins beforehand as a breathe up. I have worked out now that with 2mins hyperventilation I can hold 1:45 of contractions once they start. So to get the 6min static I need to delay them to 4:15 and I will be bang right on the money :D

cheers

Yo Andrew bud, long time no talk... have you read the threads around here saying that if you don't hyper-v you can actually hold longer? Might be something to try out?

hi loopy how ya goin

Your the only Oz guy Ive seen here for a long time, where is Wal lately. I dont know Hyper is the only way I can do long dry statics. Ive done 5min wet that was using 3 slow deep breaths so I guess thats not hyp. hyperventilation makes it more comfortable eg the first 4mins with no contractions and only the last 1:45 in pain, better than getting contractions at 2:30 and fighting them to the end. But yeah at the moment I do statics once every 3 days and lately my pbs have been goin up all the time so until I hit a wall or something I will stay with what works for me at current. yeah but thanks for checking in :cool:

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT