• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Static PB's

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What's your static PB?

• 0:00-1:00

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 1:00-2:00

Votes: 32 5.2%
  • 2:00-3:00

Votes: 96 15.6%
  • 3:00-4:00

Votes: 136 22.1%
  • 4:00-5:00

Votes: 164 26.7%
  • 5:00-6:00

Votes: 121 19.7%
  • 6:00-7:00

Votes: 40 6.5%
  • 7:00+

Votes: 20 3.3%

• Total voters
6 minutes and 20 seconds..this morning....dry static...listening to guns n roses!! failed to hold for the whole track by 15 seconds

Nice way to train!! In fact I do exactly the same. Which song was it?

There was a time.......on the Chinese Democracy album..actually i was 21 seconds off finishing the track..:-(

Wow! 547 people over 7 minutes. Where are you all hiding!

I guess they listen to entire albums while doing a static.

Hi Laminar, I know someone did some trick on that 7+ one, Maybe we should have another - new poll?
I suggest we add the choice options al the way up to 10+, In which case we know there are only 3 or 4 people who've done that.

I'm happy to report to have done my first 7+ about 4 months ago. Though I yet have not repeated it. Because I don't train static much any more. I should pick it up because I'm training for a new p.b. CNF.

Music can be a nice helpful distraction and help.

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

6 min 40 sec this morning.....managed to finish holding through the entire ..There was a time ... track by Guns n Roses!

6 min 40 sec this morning.....managed to finish holding through the entire ..There was a time ... track by Guns n Roses!

The song selection is getting better :blackeye. Glad to see that you're improving and congrats for the archievement!
:friday

My PB is 5:01 but that was about a month ago and it's only a week since I quit smoking!

To me music is as essential as water or food (saw Guns 'n' Roses in 1988) but for statics I find any sound distracting. In fact for dry statics I wear ear-plugs despite living in a very quiet location... Can't seem to reach that 'zen place' without silence.

Mine dry STA 6:50 about 4 weeks ago. I should try it agin to pass 7 min sometimes.

I'am making every sunday morning my new dry static personal challenge,..and hoping for 7 minutes this coming sunday. When I end up back trying Wet statics Im sure some water proof headphones will help me pass my 5min 07 from 4 years ago.
The right song is a must for me.
Hey Colinox ..I saw G'n'R in 2001 London...awesome..would have loved to see them in 88.

Best FRC statics: 6'24", 6'22", 6'20", 6'13", 6'04"

Hope to break 7'00" FRC this year.

Haven't done a packing static since 2006.

Hey Mr Fattah..actually met you at DEMA in Vegas..They are incredible times for FRC Statics ..thats an amazing ability. I will have to start training FRC statics and hope to get at least half your PB.

I agree those FRC times are pretty awesome efattah!

It's now 2 weeks since I quit smoking and I've just done a new PB of 6:05 which I'm really pleased about!

Trouble is the Poll won't let me put my new PB in... forever stuck in the 5-6minute range here on DB!

Last edited:
well done on the 7 min 8 sec static..I tried on sunday for 7 minutes..only got to 6..but one day i will join the 7 minute club !!

My p.b. in training of a few months ago is 8:02 and last sunday I did my first 8 minutes static (8:01) in competition.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…