• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Static PB's

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What's your static PB?

• 0:00-1:00

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 1:00-2:00

Votes: 32 5.2%
  • 2:00-3:00

Votes: 96 15.6%
  • 3:00-4:00

Votes: 136 22.1%
  • 4:00-5:00

Votes: 164 26.7%
  • 5:00-6:00

Votes: 121 19.7%
  • 6:00-7:00

Votes: 40 6.5%
  • 7:00+

Votes: 20 3.3%

• Total voters
Hi this is slightly off topic but I was wondering if anyone has ever found that intensive static training helps constant weight.

I found last year that the tables did not in the least help me, certainly not as much as working on equalisation techniques, or getting the weights just right etc.

However, I can see that statics are a great way of developing a tolerance to hypoxia which could help the final stages of a max CW dive.

Anyone found this to be true?

Theo.

I don't know about CW (haven't done it :waterwork) but for me, static training doesn't help much with dynamic. It is good for hypoxia tolerance, but there are many other factors involved, such as physical fitness, technique, weights and for CW, equalisation.

I only improve in dynamic if I do dynamic training and general fitness training.

Lucia

Hi Fabio, haven't seen you for ages! I am not going to the Kentish Town club, the pool closed down and I think they now train in Swiss Cottage. I still go to the Richmond club in South London.

hello im pretty new to deeperblue and im glad that i found freediver paradise like this with so much information (im little bit overhelmed hehe). First I would like to thanks everyone for sharing expiriences and informations !

1month of not so intensive training after 3day freediving course on Koh Tao:

On Koh Tao with my first wet breathold I managed to pass 4:50 and I gave up after 2 contractions (It was something new for me at that time)

Yesterday I set my new PB on dry static which is atm 5:48 (counted 61contractions first arround 3rd minute).

Both breatholds without packing (trying to learn how hold breath properly first :) and with hyperventilation.

BTW about packing its better to train without packing and leave this technique just for PB and record attempts? Or should you train it every training session?

BTW2 finally moved to new appartement and hopefully will have more time for yoga and practices so watchout sooner or later ill break 6.. 7.. 8 rofl

Monica and Eusebio will be so proud! I intend to go back to Koh Tao soon.

i want to travel also to them but the thing is....-> my money is not enough and i have no time(tomorrow start my education....:rcard:hungover)
But it always great to hear that people who were there gave a positiv feetback...
@lachlanWA: Do you know if there is a cobbled way about the little mountain to mango bay?Have they built more streets on the "centre" of koh tao?
best regards,
andi

i want to travel also to them but the thing is....-> my money is not enough and i have no time(tomorrow start my education....:rcard:hungover)
But it always great to hear that people who were there gave a positiv feetback...
@lachlanWA: Do you know if there is a cobbled way about the little mountain to mango bay?Have they built more streets on the "centre" of koh tao?
best regards,
andi

Nah roads to centre of Koh Tao are still rough.. Ive tried to get there with bike and ended in hole next to the road.. 3000Baht damage on bike, some bruises and my girl friend burned her leg on exhaust pipe :crutch ... Anyway we travelled arround all thailand islands on east and west.. Still Koh Tao and Koh Phi Phi are my favourites (we were there in rain off season so not so many tourists there). Monica and Euse are indeed great instructors and very friendly people wish.. I could have stayed there more :head They have webpage on Apnea Total

Interesting vote above... over 540 people will win medal in Maribor static WCh competition this year... Seriosly 542 over 7min?? I don't buy it....

I think the poll is inaccurate. Someone must have voted many times for 7:00+.

hehe first when Ive seen results of poll I tough wow people on this board are really hardcore.. I mean majority have PB static over 7 thats badass or more fish then humans rofl

LOL... I was quite pleased with My otherwise good score until I saw the results.

You guys are amazing! When I grow up I wanna be just like the 542 of You!

I think there is a phenomenon whereby deeperblue members gradually grow gills... as shown by this poll here.

:)Finally got BACK to 3 minutes...:) Actually 3m15s!!! I used to get a little over 4 minutes - but that was many years ago when I was just practicing holding my breath alot...Did'nt freedive then - but I did surf some big waves...So thats what the practice was all about back then. I think I will easily get to 4 minutes with MORE practice - but contractions get to me. After I start contracting I can only go about another 15 seconds.

:naughtyI certainly don't beleive that almost HALF of the people who posted on the poll can ACTUALLY do 7 minutes plus....:naughty

My RECENT PB: 3 minutes 15 seconds :inlove

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT