• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

STATIC - what are you thinking about down there?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What do you think about during a static?

• I play brain games

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I sing songs to myself

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I think my way around my body

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • I listen to ambient pool noise

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Boring stuff - what am I gonna have for dinner?

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • none of your business.. I fantasise

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • God this is hard! When can I breathe again?

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • NOTHING.....my mind blacks out but hopefully I don't

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters
Hi Donna,

Looked over the saltfreeopen site. Sounds good. I dunno if I can go--probably not this year...IT'S NOT FOR LACK OF WANTING IT!!!!
:(
Still, will be thinkin' of y'all who DO GO. :)
Water Rat

Water Rat is SWIMMING!!!!!!!!!

HI Deeperblue Gang,

I finally got my Proper Baptist Lady swimsuit. :)
AND--got in the POOL!!!!!! :cool:
Darlene and I went--and we're planning on going BACK--REGULARLY. :D
She scubas--no freediving--YET--HA! HA! ;)
But she is showing me the equalizing techniques--So's I won't be limited to the 10 foot. The POOL is only 12 foot, at the deepest. Maybe...the future...deeper and deeper I go....
Gotta get Doctor-checked, now. See if I'm FIT--or NUTS!!! (LOL!)

Water Rat, who is taking a break from breathing exercises--for now--LESS'N SHE'S UNDERWATER....
At 2:37--the MODERN WAY. :head (dry).... One way across pool, short way--today...least it was EASY--UNLIKE ON THE FRICKIN' ZYPREXA!!! (less struggle to just stay UNDER--F is Bouyant!)
Plannin' on returning to swimmin' across the LONG way....AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYING IT--like the OLD DAYS. (Regulation pool, too)--Is that 25 meters, perchance???
Water Rat--a HAPPY, WET, Rat.

i listen my heart, i can't hear people around me , my heart is essential, i try to slown it to the maximun ( i did 27 one day),
i feel like fall and my body is shuting down, and of course try to fight the idea of breathing.
i feel well, always must feel well.
the shrimp

Dear Thief, (I mean Shrimp)--LOL!....
Shrimp was my nickname when I was a kid--bein' the smallest in the FAM--*I HATED IT*!!!
But I *was* the best swimmer in the FAM--so Grandma gave me the name "Water Rat."
Gotta love Grandma. <Smile>
Anyways--at 3:35--WET--NOW--and lovin' it--75feet (25meters) are easy--dynamic...statics are funnest when YOU DON'T THINK AT ALL--then ENJOY your NUMBERS when you finally come up--and SEE WHAT THEY ARE! :)
Water Rat--the Happy, Wet, Rat

You're making progres Xsaul, nice to hear that you finally lay your time on the shore. There are only a few guys//at my SCUBA dive club\\, me and MAYBE another that can do a 3:35. It sounds like you're having a great time, well done! keep that up!

Ciao,
Kars.

//edit:

*** Sorry I did hear myself typing 'at my scuba diveclub', but I forgot to write it down...***

But a 3:35 is certainly something that stands out, Here in the Netherlands we have about 5 active freediving girls, 20- 35 years I quess, and only about 3 have done equal times or a bit better than your time. Nanja is the exeption with a nice ~ 5:06 or something near that.

Sorry for the confusion, my mistake!

Kars

Last edited:
KARS??? Old Buddy????
What about Tyler's 8:07, Karl's 8:27, Glenn's 7:00, Jay's 6:24, LungBustersClub Ron's 4:42, LBC Chris's 5:09, NOT TO MENTION ALL THE LADY HOLDS LONGER THAN 3:35???????????????????
*I'm not Even Counting OFFICIAL WORLD RECORDS!!!!!*
Guess I'm Surprised you think *I* am so GOOD--LOL!!!!!
Water Rat

surely thinks about girls will make your heart rate increase? i usually focus on whats good in my life, which in turns makes me very relaxed and feel secure/.

After my first contraction, which is VERY easy to feel, there's usually a slight lull. At this point, I usually try and make sure that my abdomen is very relaxed and not tensed at all. Then, the contractions start coming SO rapidly, I can't even count them...it's almost like my abdomen goes into a state of constant, non-stop spasming. And, I'm also embarrassed to ask this, but I CAN'T be the only one, so; does anyone else have "bladder issues" when you've gone really far into a hold, and it's at the very difficult (starting to writhe) stage? I get the VERY strong urge to pee, and I can't explain it. This happens during both static AND dynamic. So, I always have to make sure I've peed before I do my apnea, so I don't have any "spritzing" incidents!

Todd

Last edited:
I think it was often discussed - it is basic survival reflex. You may find more detailed and profound explanation if you search the forum.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT