• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sunday- December 9th CARP SPEAR-O-RAMA

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Will you be able to make it to Carp-O-Rama?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
here's a video- like I said the vis was bad- but we still got 8 carp and 2 crappies.

Last edited by a moderator:
8 carp, we each got 4. I shot one when you were filming the ducks. :t

Last edited:
oops- sorry bout that- I thought you got 3-

JON- I couldn't remember if that gate was there or not and just "up" cause it looks like there are hooks for it- I'd be hesitant to go in the pipe with that thing up- I'm betting it is a security thing- I guess we can't swim up there and plant a bomb.

That gate was moveable, the v shaped handles on it were cover with green, but I was using them to keep myself next to the wall. It looked to have been there for awhile with the algee on it. That was my first time, so I dunno, just guessing.

The flow was pretty good on Sat, it pushed us out...40 yards or so?? Jon, I hope you didn't mess with dotey's storage pile of fish there on the bank! :)

Last edited:
If you check out this video that Ted and I did a few years ago you'll see no gates or frames. I found new bolts on the bottom that must have been dropped by the work crew. It looks like these things are fairly new.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9VoZV_5zx4&feature=related]YouTube - Carp Spearfishing - 2004 Winter - Lake Monona[/ame]

You must have gotten all the carp because I didn't see a single one. I only saw one musky and he was a little guy- not like the ones that normally hang out there. Bluegill and crappie were all kind of smallish- not like the ones I've been taking out of Mendota this fall. I was just using a polespear because I didn't want to damage one of my guns in the rocks and lousy vis.

I don't remember seeing any other fish on the bank, but we've gotten snow since then and they could be covered. I've dove with muskrats in this area before so I'm sure they'll enjoy the free meal. ;)

Jon

Last edited:
man i lost my fish i wanted those lol if you would have went over to the shallow water its colder but there is big bluegill there and they are just laying on the bottom i guess the cold made them go dormant or something cause i was just picking them up with my hand heck i had like 10 of them in my hand at one time i think next time we go there if it aint froze over then ill bring a stringer for them all lol and cook them up

I see that grass thing- and it makes me mad! I'll have to check the lenz more often once I'm in the water- UGH! I saw a large muskrat on Sat. I've had bad experiences with those vermin.

I saw a muskrat Sat too. Not sure how big they get, but it needed to run a comb though it's hair, it looked like it just woke up. It's not related to my wife, it would NEVER have left the house! rofl

Looks like you guys had a great time. Would have been there, but I was putting some venison in the freezer...I ended up getting one!

So, where & when in Jan? Should we try the Sheboygan Power Plant?

Gene

I wouldn't mind trying that power plant out- I know I have Jan. 1st and 2nd off or the 8th. bjpete and I briefly talked about doing the outlet on the 1st- but nothing for sure- I really would like to do that power plant in sheboygan though- lake michigan would be nice and clear- we could always let the wind decide- if we are getting good west winds do sheboygan if it's bad winds- we could do the OUTLET. See what you all think.

I could do the 19th or the 26th (the only 2 Saturdays in January I have off)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT