• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The 2018 Guernsey Specimen Hunt & social

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Martyn,

Could I please have the Chicken Wings, Steak(Rare) and the cheese.

Cheers mate. Looking forward to it!

Reactions: foxfish
Hi Martyn,

Could I please get the flatbread, dish & chips and cheeseboard.

Is there any info on the format for the weekend (competition / socials)? I couldn’t spot anything scanning back through the thread.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Martyn,

Is there any info on the format for the weekend (competition / socials)? I couldn’t spot anything scanning back through the thread.

Cheers
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coming soon Ben....

Face book invite not yet :)
Menu choices
Octopus, plat de jour, I’ce cream,
Thanks Mart
Nic, I have sent you a friend request.

There is no new info on the facebook page as yet because I need to accumulate all the participants first... if you are not already my friend on Facebook please send me a friend request.

Schedule of events.......

Friday evening, meet at the Terrace Café from 6.30pm. Food available to order.

Saturday dive, sign on from 9.30am (venue decided on Friday evening) Competition start time 10.30am. finish time & sign out, 1530pm.

Saturday evening. Octopus restaurant 730pm.

Sunday dive. sign on from 10am. (venue decided on Saturday evening) Competition start time 11.00. finish time & sign out, 16.00pm.

Please note that to participate in the competition, you must sign in & sign out on each day at the allotted times. However, you do not need to dive the full 5 hours & may enter & exit at any time between the allotted times.
For the benefit of those who cannot make the social events, the dive venues will be printed on this thread on the evening before the competition.

Sunday night prize giving & party. (bring what you like to drink)
This is when we eat our two days catch, announce the results & play didge.

The theme will be Scottish, please come suitably attired.

NB For those who have not attended a prize giving party before, it will most likely be, nothing like what you would expect!

Is the Facebook page up and running yet
Hi Brandon, yes and you are a member but Facebook is not a very good format as the post disappear to fast down the page!
However I have set it up so we can discuss a few things in private (relatively speaking) but I feel we need all the event participants as members before we can use the Facebook page to any effect. Unfortunately I am not friends with quite a few of the participants so until they ask to join, I don't really want to start any discussion.

Reactions: Brandon89
Hi Brandon, yes and you are a member but Facebook is not a very good format as the post disappear to fast down the page!
However I have set it up so we can discuss a few things in private (relatively speaking) but I feel we need all the event participants as members before we can use the Facebook page to any effect. Unfortunately I am not friends with quite a few of the participants so until they ask to join, I don't really want to start any discussion.
@foxfish if you need a private forum it is probably easier to setup on here (I can do that) as everyone is a member here rather than going over to FB.

Hi Mart, am being a numpy as usual, cant remember if I have ordered (n), just in case,
Please could I have:

Octopus
Rare steak
Ice cream

Unfortunately Tom Todd has had to drop out for this year!
So who’s next on the list.... Dan Le Marchant?

Reactions: Brandon89
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT