• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The 2018 Guernsey Specimen Hunt & social

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi guys,

Us Jersey Boys are sadly already an hour delayed on the crossing because of the winds delaying our boat getting in. And that may still change more. Given we’ve still to check in and settle and two of us are pretty crock at the mo, we’re going to have to apologise and give the social a miss tonight. Massive apologies. Fingers crossed we’ll get in to Guernsey sometime and turn up bright eyed and bushy tailed for tomorrows soupy dive!!
Fingers crossed for you guys, where are you staying and are you all sorted for lifts?

Cheers mate, but agggghhhh, quite possibly the worst news. Our boat got cancelled after floating about in St Aubins Bay for 20mins. It’s now bombing it’s way back to you - without us. . We’re waiting for news, there’s slim hope we could get on the clipper or the vitesse if they re route from France. But there’s a lot of English here they may want to repatriate more than us...... watch this space.

What a nightmare!
If you can’t make the Clipper, Is there an early morning boat?

Hi Mart

That’s it....FUBAR. We are cancelled with no Guernsey sailing until Sunday. Tomorrow’s sailing was at 17:30, no other options and in any case it was full. This stinks, we never saw that happening. The winds did not really seem all that bad here on the docks and except for the 50 minute delay getting to Jersey, they didn’t seem to give it long to make a docking. The winds were forecast to drop after all. I guess the company algorithm works on trying to do the most for the most and we’ve fallen outside of that loop on this occasion.

Can I just say that we are all gutted. All of us were so looking forward to catching up with you guys again and enjoying your smashing hospitality. Sorry guys, we’re going to miss out on this year..... I hope the weather gives you some good diving and we will be watching for the catch news!

What a blow... no Crapauds ... you guys are the soul of the fish in!

Anyway the show must go on so... tommorow morning sign in from 9.30 - 10.30am at Bulwer Avenue opposite BBC radio.
Hopefully we have filled a couple of spots with Spaniard and Edd.

I have just had a thought...as the jersey guys always bring thier club scales, we won’t have any for the weekend!
Does anyone have a half decent set?

I came down with a horrendous sore throat yesterday, so I’m afraid I’m on easy list and won’t be able to make it....totally gutted!!
Hope everyone has a fun weekend, my Scottish hat made me look awesome as well...

Reactions: jerseymike
Are you not coming to the Octopus or the Sunday evening?

Sorry Mart there’s no way I can make it with this throat, and I don’t want to pass this onto anyone and their families as I’ve had something now for nearly 2 weeks

And they are off....

BAEC261A-1AC3-4BB1-A636-701AB30D6AD6.jpeg

woul
Yes that seems to be what they all add up to but that won’t change the fact it is howling along the west at the moment, added with a 2’ swell we have a good soup recipe!
The east is still quite flat so Bulwer would be ok but the Sunday dive will be more difficult to call.

Certainly cleaning your own fish would help me a lot.
Good luck today, gutted we couldn’t be there!
"Here, here" good hunting
Have a great weekend.Good luck . looking fwd to the catch reports..hopefully there will be a nice gilty out there for you!

Right, let’s see if I can make any sense at this drunken time of night?

Due to the forecast we don’t want to make a decision on where would be best to dive.
So tomorrow morning Andy, John and myself will check out the coast, we will report back here aroun 9am.

Right, let’s see if I can make any sense at this drunken time of night?

Due to the forecast we don’t want to make a decision on where would be best to dive.
So tomorrow morning Andy, John and myself will check out the coast, we will report back here aroun 9am.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT