• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The DeeperBlue.net Gun Building Extravaganza - Gun Options 2 - Length and Bands

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What length and band options for the gun

• Euro style 90 with single band

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Euro style 90 with twin band

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Euro style 100 with single band

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Euro style 100 with twin band

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Euro style 110 with single band

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Euro style 110 with twin band

Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOOOWWW looks like the 90cms single is gonna get piped at the post by the big boy 100cms.:)
No matter a big boy gun for a big boy Spearo I can live with that.:):):)

Reactions: Pastor
OOOOWWW looks like the 90cms single is gonna get piped at the post by the big boy 100cms.:)
No matter a big boy gun for a big boy Spearo I can live with that.:):):)

The GITS could always move the handle down the barrel 10cm or so rofl

Reactions: podge
Actually, why not? If it had a reverse trigger mechanism then moving the handle forward would make it just like a normal 90 :)

Pastor mate its all good stuff, all I need to know is who’s baby’s have I got to have to allow me to be the winner of such a weapon???roflrofl

Or dare I say it, could be auctioned off with the money going to a charity of the GITS that are building it choice?:) Just a thought.

110cm TWIN BAND!:martial:ko:martial:ko:martial:ko:martial:ko
Either that or the 90cm twin with 6.5mm spear so it's crazy fast and those fish won't even see it coming!!! rofl

I voted 110 but feel stupid for doing so. I own a 110 euro gun, love it, and will probobly never use a different 110. I think I too would like to win a 90.
blaiz, what's the current gun that you love so much?

Personally, I'd like to see a QR tripod mount built into / under the barrel just forward of mid-length...
Great idea - for camera/torch mounting? How about a muzzle bi-pod for sniping accuracy?!;)

-squid section. The squid section, or ellyptical, or "cuttlefish bone" section for the barrell is very good for side tracking because it "cuts" the water in the left-right swinging. BUT you must take care of the position of bands: if the bands protrude too much above the barrell, they will spoil the hydrodinamic effect of the ellyptycal barrell.
I mean it's not just the nude barrell who must have an ellytpical section: it must be the barrell+bands as a whole who must have an ellyptical section. Thats why the bands must be somehow hidden in the profile of the barrell by some kind of groove carved in the sides of the barrel.
Hope this helps
Having the bands mounted lower & routed more simply might be a good thing. Most companies go to a lot of trouble to make their bands run parallel to the barrel - yet the super-accurate Seatec Gabianni has them pulling diagonally downwards, more like a simple hole-in-the-front bulk-rubber muzzle.
The GITS could always move the handle down the barrel 10cm or so rofl
Make it 20-40cm and I could go for the 100 too:D (the tracking of a 60cm gun with the range & power of a 100?!!!!!!!!). But why stop at 100?!rofl

Due to the dead heat between 90 single band and the 100 twin band we've open the poll for another 24 hours.

If it is still a dead heat then, we'll make an executive decision at DB HQ.

this is painfull!

like watching snails racing, when you have loads of money on the guy heading for the fence and not the line.

come on 100cm double bands!:t

blaiz, what's the current gun that you love so much?
I have a 110 riffe euro gun. Its an awesome gun, great power, accurate, I can put just about any band set up I want on it. This is the third gun they sent me though. On the first the stock was warped so I sent it back, about four months later I got it back but they didnt change the stock, they only adjusted the trigger:head. So I sent it back again and about 3 more months later they finally sent me a new gun. That was a hassle but well worth the wait.

Hey, i think we need some inquest hearings. My size can't be losing! I'm always right! I suspect phantom voters!

Reactions: Pastor
Well I'm wondering myself. I hope not anyway, Stephan will check the logs and will be able to see any duplicate posts from the same computer. Anyone caught doing that would of course be excluded from the competition.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT