• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The DeeperBlue.net Gun Building Extravaganza - Gun Options 2 - Length and Bands

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What length and band options for the gun

• Euro style 90 with single band

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Euro style 90 with twin band

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Euro style 100 with single band

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Euro style 100 with twin band

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Euro style 110 with single band

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Euro style 110 with twin band

Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WOW the 90's got one hell of a lead now. Anyone smell a rat?

Is it possible to have a small mounting bracket installed to slide on attachments for cameras and torches as mentioned before. It would be great to see the gun in action when the lucky B!!!!!R who wins it takes out.

Last edited:
Everything is in order at the moment folks. Don't start imagining there is a lot of false voting.

Besides - duplicate accounts are a ban able offence on here so i'm hoping people won't try it as we can track it :D

Reactions: Lockedin
Is it possible to have a small mounting bracket installed to slide on attachments for cameras and torches as mentioned before.
I don't see why not, if enough people think that an attachment point would be a good idea then I would imagine that the "GITS" would put one on. I was thinking myself last night that a reel mount might be a good idea. All stuff to be talked about.

WHAT HEPPENED???, they were neck and neck, how did the 90cm take off so quickly...UK boys must be flying people in to vote :)

Well - the poll isn't over till tomorrow now! Time for all of you to get emailing and PM's your friends to see if you can get them to vote.

90 cm with double band will give a very nice shot,
will do 5 mt with power, and that will suit for any kind of fish,
i m not speaking about tuna rofl
has you might guess i am speaking about european fishes
P8030042.JPG
something like this in smaller scale
tchau

Reactions: Lockedin
Why limit it to 1 band? Why not make it capable of using 2 bands if the winner feels the desire? I'm sure it wouldn't be too much extra work? Just means the winner might have to purchase some extra bands if he or she so chooses?

Because there is an option for a twin band 90 & that does not appear popular.
A single band gun can have a smaller profile & especially a slimmer muzzle - so basically the gun will be designed around using a single band. (unless there is more voting in the next few hours?)

I'm surprised the most conventional option is winning.
A handcrafted wooden gun in the size of 90 will have so little difference in performance compared to a conventional 90cm aluminium gun that it is hardly worth doing it in the first place... The advantages of wood (high mass, oval shape, open muzzle etc.) make a huge change in double band and longer guns. The performance of a wooden twin-band gun in 90 or 100cm length cannot be compared to the performance of the same gun in aluminium...
Give it a little tought before voting guys...
:)

I could not agree more but the gun will still be special if the single 90 wins.
There will be more polls to enable the gun to be a total custom build with extra features you could not buy on a shop bought gun.

Reactions: Dobs
It’s looking good now, come on 90cms with the single band and a full-length track thing for the spear to sit in, along with one of those gadgets to keep the spear from falling of the top gun.:):)

Oh and maybe down one side the "GITS" could emboss "Podge’s Poker" and on the other "Deeper Blue"
Exciting stuff this!!!

Imagine , a 90 cm with the same manouvrability as a AL gun, with the same power as a 110 cm, and with the same recoil capacity as 120 wooden gun

Well hopefully we will have the new poll up tonight & although it looks like we have a clear winner, Stephan will announce the official result when the new poll starts.

Still 5.5 hours to go in the voting. There is still time to get your favourite votes in!

No way any other choice can catch the 90 now! It's a done deal I think! Unless you can prove me wrong

Looks like the 90 has one as the vote should be over :)

So whats needed next?

MY MAILING ADDRESS? rofl

OK folks - the winning vote is for the:

Euro style 90 with single band

Wait for the next poll to appear today!

Where's the next poll? Or pics of gun construction? Am I That blind/drunk? (probably:duh)

Reactions: Pastor
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT