• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Guernsey specimen hunt and social 2019

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
This is my final tally of divers participating in the competition.

Eddy 1666
Trelawney
Ben Yeates
Jersey Mike
Brandon 89
Tipticiter
Fro in Shorts
Westcoaster
Pierre Joubert
Kristian Allen
J Hunter
Jersey Dan
Dan Le Marchant
Michal Jersey
Dupreez Vermeulen
Mac Tulie
Andy Linehan
Andre Bellingham

18 in total..

So menus are in and numbers set, fingers crossed for good conditions.

Please don’t forget there is a steampunk theme on the Sunday evening, obviously this is nothing compulsory and just a bit of fun!
However even a pair of round sunglasses or other token effort would still help to make memorable photos and add to the atmosphere. (y)

So this will be the 12 th event run over 13 years.
08E5E3F4-234D-4437-99FA-1ABCDC9378F5.jpeg

So there are 18 divers confirmed but I would like to work out just how many will be at the Sunday evening prize giving?
I believe that 17 of the 18 divers will be attending but if you are bringing partners or family, could you please confirm how many?
It looks like a busy one with well over 30 folk!
We have kept some basic record of food consumption over the years, we don’t want to go short but obviously don’t want to massively over cater either.
The more the merrier but I need numbers please.

Last edited:
Sorry can’t make it as have family over, in the slightly slim chance I win the comp, I obviously will show up for my new star/celeb status

Reactions: foxfish
Hi Mart, my sister is over with her two little girls and my Mom is coming to visit all the way from South Africa.

So there are 18 divers confirmed but I would like to work out just how many will be at the Sunday evening prize giving?
I believe that 17 of the 18 divers will be attending but if you are bringing partners or family, could you please confirm how many?
It looks like a busy one with well over 30 folk!
We have kept some basic record of food consumption over the years, we don’t want to go short but obviously don’t want to massively over cater either.
The more the merrier but I need numbers please.
Myself and Charmaine please Mart

A few updates, we have 18 competitors for the competition , 22 for the Saturday evening and 42 people on the Sunday evening!
We have prizes from Spaniard & Apnea .
There weather forecast is not brilliant but we have had far worse .... South Westerly wind all next week with a moderate 12-14 mph wind.
So as usual, it does not look great for the west coast marks and I would not be surprised if we fish the same venues as last year.
We will have Oysters available on the Sunday thanks to Pierre J and hopefully some scallops if Andy & Chris can find some.
I only have one chef this year as Rob is injured so I will be looking for a volunteer to help Andy with the fish cooking.

Last edited:
Mart, if ok with you and Sarah, I’ll be there on Sunday to show my face for a few hours and then scoot off. Just me

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT