• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UAE or Oman spearfishing clubs

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I doubt it but do u guys ever come to abu dhabi to spear??

Yo Nesim... whens ur next trip to Oman if any?

Island Sands... whats with the "topless Tanner" sounds hmmm.. :) Oh krap im fasting..

Last edited:
Long time no see ...
i heard, they are crazy little creatures...!
diving was ok yesterday, crap vis, but plenty of fish... Lots of BIG Jacks & Pampanos, King Fish are also showing up.
the worst thing are the rules with all the new projects, we got kicked of the World wave breaker and were told to stay at least 1 mile away from it. at this rate, we wont have any where to dive ...
we are going out again tomorow, hope the vis is better then...
take care ....
Nesim

Hello guys:
I live in QATAR and we go spearfishing every week here!
most of the time to khor al odaed.
if there is any one here go spearfishing in QATAR or would like to join ... please let me know....
No in Ramadan things are slow and the water still hot, so most of the action will start after!!
I need a body for Bluewater spearfishing no one is ready for that here... so please if any one interested call or email.

Tel: +974 5546991
email: sanadw@yahoo.com

Best regards .... and be ready for the KINGS soon

Yep the Kings are definetly almost here... i saw two today about 20-30 kg each but couldnt get a clean shot at either one as they kept swimming away not giving me a good chance to shoot.. so i bailed. But theyre here!!!!

i hate uni! Qatar in eid maybe, il let yall know, otherwise i wouldnt mind killing some fish...

I saw Nesim's brother last night.. apparently Nesim is in town... Nadim said that they are interested in getting out there as well, maybe you guys need to call each other? :)

Hello Guys, just came back now from Al Odaed, still no mackerels here... man all the day long I saw only one (Sha'are) and all of the damn ugly needlefish, but the good news that the ballyhoo fish is here, so that means the season is really close now!!!!
Speero: do you go in boat or from shore??
at what depth did you saw them, and what time please???
scuba or apnea???

20-30 is excellent size, in this time usually they are much smaller!!
Man I want to make sure to catch the season from the start this year..:friday
with my new Excalibur 3000 Speargun :t

sanadw said:
Hello Guys, just came back now from Al Odaed, still no mackerels here... man all the day long I saw only one (Sha'are) and all of the damn ugly needlefish, but the good news that the ballyhoo fish is here, so that means the season is really close now!!!!
Speero: do you go in boat or from shore??
at what depth did you saw them, and what time please???
scuba or apnea???

20-30 is excellent size, in this time usually they are much smaller!!
Man I want to make sure to catch the season from the start this year..:friday
with my new Excalibur 3000 Speargun :t

Hi there... where do u live?

When i go i take my boat out. Depth at the area i usually go to and this is where i saw the chan3ad varys between 6 to 10 meters... it was close to sunset when i saw them. I dunno if they were really 20 to 30 kg but they were for sure around a meter long! I do all my spearing Apnea and mostly Aspetto:t

I havent been there for over 10 days now since iv been in Dahab for a freediving course.. now im back with full effect ready for them... so ill be out again soon.

Peace for now
Zane...

SpeerO said:
Hi there... where do u live?

When i go i take my boat out. Depth at the area i usually go to and this is where i saw the chan3ad varys between 6 to 10 meters... it was close to sunset when i saw them. I dunno if they were really 20 to 30 kg but they were for sure around a meter long! I do all my spearing Apnea and mostly Aspetto:t

I havent been there for over 10 days now since iv been in Dahab for a freediving course.. now im back with full effect ready for them... so ill be out again soon.

Peace for now
Zane...

Hi Zane:
I live in QATAR, the problem here that there is no deep water, most of it like what you said 6 -10m and some times 12-14 max sandy, and sometimes rocky ... but you need to go really far away to reach that depth 40 or more minutes full speed!!
since they are almost a 1m that means they will average 20 to 30 your right!!
:head
non of them came here yet am waiting :t
chan3ad is a very strong fighters and will give you a heck of a fight before you land one:crutch

I may come to Dubai soon to visit the Gitex, do you mind if we arrange for a trip together??? is that ok with you??
send me your number if its ok with you will contact you asap.!!
my email: sanadw@yahoo.com

here is some pics from the older years here...

Xb1CFUfk.jpg

a smoker king mackerel ( Um el7bul)

qfd0ChGW.jpg

a huge cobia (sachan)

HUAnWhDp.jpg

a good size king (chan3ad)

ZftGELsx.jpg

mixed bag

hi everybody

i'm new to dubai and looking for people to go spearfishing with (not with scuba).
if anybody has space on the boat at any time, please get in touch - i'm going crazy - i need to get in the water.

thanks
bruce

bruce.mclaren@echarris.com
050 344 0934

Bruce
Get in touch with Nadim, PM me for his mobile number. He is strictly no scuba :D

island_sands said:
Bruce
Get in touch with Nadim, PM me for his mobile number. He is strictly no scuba :D
Ahlan, I am nu to Dubai an lookin for a bit oh fun. This looks excellent for Pm me on top of it all. Teusdah is best, thank you.

Dear all

I live in Dubai and would like to get to know the spearfishing community. I used to spearfish in the red sea. looking forward to hearing from u all.

is that u El MORRO i got no answer from the guys down here yet what are u doing in the UAE space? :martial

Stick to the good old Red Sea :)

Mikha
I will give you a ring this week, on of the spearos on DB is my neighbour ;) he is always looking for a dive buddy :)

yeah i would like to get back in the water but i lost all yalls numbers... beer and mobiles dont mix well....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT