• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UAE or Oman spearfishing clubs

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
i think every one is welcome what do u think speero

how about other emirates other than DXB and AD

hey guys,
my names Andrew and I am about to move to Dubai from Australia, spearing is my passion in life so im gunna need some dive buddies over there......?

Again also as usual.. count me in if ur up to somthing that has to do with shooting fish ok.

Zane...

Hi everyone. I'm Davide and currently typing from Italy. Sorry for the interference, but you guys seem to be the persons I was looking for to have some information on spearfishing in the UAE.
I will be flying down there during the summer and the autumn of this year, I won't be able to stay for more than a couple of days, and I was looking for trips in the waters of that area.
Anyone can help? Any suggestion will be more than welcome, and I will be happy to share the experiences I have with any of you.
Regards, Davide

hi there
contact me via PM, i'll put you in touch with the spearfishing guys here, South African, Lebanese, local guys, they are great guys to hang out with and experienced spearos.
Cheers
Sara

hey guys, I have just joined the wide world of spearos out here in Dubai! i am 16 and have lived in dubai for 15 years now and was wondering where you guys spearfish and if you have got any tips on where to go out here. dont suppose you guys meet up ever to spearfish? thanks a lot

hey im Max jonnys friend lol:) im also 16 and was born in dubai tell you know doesnt help that much any info anyone could give i would be grateful
if anyone needs to contact me do so on rocka_4eva@hotmail.com

oowwww Steeeeee were goin spearfishing on the 1st september off Corniche pub. beach for a bit of fun if anyone wants to join us, its the end of the breakwater past the coast gaurds crib ;) cant miss it you should see us in the water.

Hi Every one....
It’s been a while since I posted anything on here...
Been following the threads though.

Just a word of Caution….
The coast guard have been cracking down on divers and spearos… apparently its illegal to spear fish on any of the break waters in Dubai, The official rule is that you can spear fish provided you are at least 2 miles off shore and away from all man made structures, that includes break waters, Palm Island, World Island, Oil Rigs, … ect

We have learned this first hand, should you get caught, you would probably be warned the first time, second time you get pulled out of the water and taken to either the coast guard HQ or the Police station, where they make you sign a letter of undertaking that you wont repeat the offence, they may or may not confiscate your equipment… all depends on your luck…. And by all means do stay away from Abu Dhabi based break waters, they are much more strict the first time round!

That leaves you with only one option, WRECKS, provided you can get down to a min of 18m +, and you have access to a boat.

Happy fishing to all…

N

ahh that is a real pain about these laws.. there always changing if you know what i am saying.. if anyone knows of some cheap boat charters or willing to take us one there boat please please let us know!
thanks

i know ... been caught several times, my brother still dives despite all the warnings,
he's been pulled out of the water at gun point two weeks ago while diving off one of the wave breakers after the coast guard on the way to Abu Dhabi, turned out the wave breaker belonged to a compound of VIP villas, and had a VIP from Saudi staying there at the time....

Its unlikely you will find any charters that will allow you to spear fish,

i do have a small RIB that i use, its at the work shop for a small patch up work, and change of battery, should be ready in about 10 days time...

May be putting the boat up for sale once i get it back, as i travel far too much now a days.... will let you know though ;-)

ow dear they really have ruined the sport in dubai... is there NO other emirates that allow it? yeah please do get back to me.. were probably gunna try to keep spearing if we can but shh ;) such a shame though... we need to ffind a place were there aint manny coast guards :p anyways PM me if you hear any changes thanks Nesim im assuming your brother is Nadim.. you think there is any chance of going spearing with him one weekend, me and some friends live in dubai. thanks

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT