• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

UK & Ireland Video comment Thread

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Nice vid Ian. I think I recognise that place, pretty sure it's a south shore location.

May leave one over night or all evening and go in at dark to see what's eating it.

SpearoLee recommended that in the Dorset thread a while back - he said something about 'orrible giant eels if I remember correctly!

Re my latest vids Will .I am off mullet now ,as you can tell from the videos.Im taking more footage ,doing more drops and getting below or level with the fish giving me more time and bigger, nearer targets. I'm see so many more fish .im looking for bream?

Re my latest vids Will .I am off mullet now ,as you can tell from the videos.Im taking more footage ,doing more drops and getting below or level with the fish giving me more time and bigger, nearer targets. I'm see so many more fish .im looking for bream?
Nice one Ian good video . AH yes , the black bream , I almost think it cant be done . Given Dario tried and didn't succeed. Maybe he didn't dedicate much time to it . They are definitely there and get caught by rod anglers so must be possible , I may have a day or two after them in sep.

Reactions: headhunter
Good Pollock session again Dario ! I have not seen any Pollock worth taking yet in the areas I have fished, shame ,they are good eating.

Reactions: dario_deli
Ah yes , the black bream , I almost think it cant be done. They are definitely there and get caught by rod anglers so must be possible , I may have a day or two after them in sep.

Daf and I will have try for them in a couple of weeks - will let you know how we get on!

Good Pollock session again Dario ! I have not seen any Pollock worth taking yet in the areas I have fished, shame ,they are good eating.

That because you don't know where pollock city is ;)

Nice one Ian good video . AH yes , the black bream , I almost think it cant be done . Given Dario tried and didn't succeed. Maybe he didn't dedicate much time to it . They are definitely there and get caught by rod anglers so must be possible , I may have a day or two after them in sep.

Dario didn't succeed????? And what is this? [emoji6]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406046816.753844.jpg

I know where they are but they are often smallish, this is the only one I have seen worth a shot.

Nice one Dario, I saw three a few days back, fired at one but missed!
I think I have only shot 3 or maybe 4 but there seems to be more around at the moment.
We had an Italian called Marco visit us a few years back & he shoot about 10 in the 4 weeks he was here including a 4.2lb fish!
I will hunt for the picture....
Post 1170 .... http://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/guernsey-2007.69083/page-59

Last edited:
Kevin that is outstanding mate, thanks so much for posting such a great vid!

Reactions: kevind
Kevin .... what amazes me most is how relaxed the fish seem in your presence , I find as soon as I see them , they see me and phck off , why is this ? I do not swim around like an epileptic paddle steamer or wear a hi-vis wet suit either !!... great vid and fish by the way !! Bognor Regis just does not sound a particularly exotic or likely spearo destination , but that just shows what I know doesn't it ! Well done and come to Torbay for even worse vis !

Reactions: kevind and foxfish
Thanks for the comments guys!
Don't worry Mirror, they sometimes do that for me, I just don't publish those vids ;)
A bit more info on those clips......
On the first clip, I shoot the fish as you see and then couldn't resist a little peek to see if there's anything in the hole. I see the big bass and try backing away hoping he will not leave the hole. He does as you can see and starts swimming away. I hold up the dead fish (you can just see it in the bottom corner) and he then does the second pass.
On the second clip, I held the shot trying to get better footage. The bass goes back in and my followup attempt is quite clumsy. The bass were very generous to me as usually if you dont get it right, they just spook out another entrance.
The third clip is just a lucky reflex shot, normally those just result in taking a chip out of the rock next to the fish ;)
Cheers
Kevin

Kevin, brill as always. Very informative, just don't know how you shoot so many good fish with your poor breath hold! Guess mullet aren't a favoured target of yours, I see lots on your vids.

Another fantastic vid Kevin, full of scary caves, monster breath holds & realistic vis!

OMG. i,m still in nappies! Deep caves ,very long breath holds, deep drops, great fish, wonderful locations and very good video that's how its done boys n girls! I`ve soooo much to learn. Thanks for showing us your 2014.

Thanks for the comments guys :)
Denian - nice 2014 clip you posted, fantastic vis you sometimes get there :happy:
Cheers
Kevin

I've just been looking at Kev's review of 2014 () and I have to say that I was on the edge of my seat at about the 11'30" mark and the 16'55" mark.
Hat's off to you but there is no way I'd ever venture inside caves! I know that you are used to it from Bognor but even so.... phew... made me very uncomfortable!
Good reviews and nicely put together. Good still of Fabio in Croatia :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT