• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vertical Blue 2008

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Will said that Karol's profile showed 20 seconds to get down to 8m (I think). Too buoyant.

2 World Record (Will T 107 FIM and Natalia A 57m CNF) and 3 National Record attempts today... looking forward to hearing the results!

Hmm, Eric's 67m dive was shorter in time than the 62m?

Those are some damn impressive dives!

Dave one whole minute faster than on the 111? Somehow I get the feeling that once he get's it all together we will see a pretty substantial increase in the WR...(what cutting edge analysis, I'm sure no one else reached that conclusion :))

VerticalBlue.net said:
Eric signed off today with his last dive, an incredible 67m done on FRC (about half of total lung volume). He says 'these dives don't seem to be getting any harder and it's almost annoying as it means I have to keep going deeper!'
roflThat's awesome!

Any updates from today's? :mad:

I had the pleasure of being primary safety again.

Natalia's dive 57m WR!!!!!!!!!! It looked very easy and she was ecstatic. :) Very fun to watch. Full story later on in the article.

Will Trubridge made his 107m, but there was an issue with the tag not having gone all the way down to the plate and Will's lanyard getting stuck on the tag. It is currently under review (in about 15 minutes)... The dive looked really strong and would appear that if Will loses his protest, Will will go again tomorrow or the next day.

I will let you know as soon as the official verdict is in.

Leo turned early at 65. Megumi made her 56m easily. Frank made an easy 45m, but dipped his airway while searching for his tag that was velcroed to his leg, and got a red card. But sounds like he can make it no problem again. New national record from Kathryn McPhee at 48, nice and strong!

Dave Mullins going for 113m again tomorrow.

Pete out

Congratulations Natalia, brilliant news!!!

I hope Will gets it sorted out too, nevertheless a superb effort under testing conditions!

Well done to Kathryn too, going from strength to strength mate!

Cheerio,
Ben

Just hit the refresh key on the Vertical Blue site, and voila two World Records! William his 107m FI was approved off after viewing the bottom camera's footage.

I'm looking forward to the movie clips, of William's bottom search for the tag, and offcause Natalia's surfacing and her emotional celebration, that must have been a big relieve for her being plagued with misfortune and nerves endured for those two long years.

Hope that Dave nails his WR CW tomorrow, and Ryuzo nails another NR, closing in on Dave...

Kars

Congratulations everyone!! :friday
One heck of a competition You have there, Will - kudos, kudos, kudos !

So happy for Nat...
What a competition. Going down to 107 looks promising for even deeper CNF dives.
I´m so excited!!

Per's comment just made me think of an interesting point - I wonder why Dave Mullins is not doing any no-fins? Is it a case of concentrating one challenge at a time, no interest, no good at it, etc.

This comp has been pretty bloody exciting, but imagine if 3 guys in the same comp were all going for the no-fins record?

Actually I know how that would end.... my divorce from spending too much time on the internet!

Per's comment just made me think of an interesting point - I wonder why Dave Mullins is not doing any no-fins? Is it a case of concentrating one challenge at a time, no interest, no good at it, etc.

Hmm, yes. Maybe a technique problem or something. I belong to one of those divers who look like a clown when i remove my fin and try to swim. Maybe he has a similar problem. I know, 175 in the pool indicates that he can swim at least, but it is something else going downwards fighting buoyancy and being negative. You can rely less on the glide. But I agree, with that diving capacity he should be able to go pretty deep.

Actually I know how that would end.... my divorce from spending too much time on the internet!
Ha! I guess you belong to those of us who look for updates every single minute, even at times when there cannot possibly be any updates.

Reactions: BennyB
I remember Dave commenting something about not currently having the upper body strength to do CNF really well. It does make sense considering the lung volumes etc, he'd be struggling on the surface and really struggling after the turn - both can be up to a degree lessened with a monofin.

While I would not be surprised to learn he's doing something about that...;)

Congrats to all concerned looks like a great comp and a great formatt for the future congrats to the organiser (s) there must have been more than one.

NAT!!!!

Very, Very, VERY well done! It was yours all along, I'm so happy for you!

Congrats also to Will, I hope the no tag thing doesn't become an issue, it's an awesome depth, and to come up clean after all that fiddling around down there shows there's even more in you - go WILL!

Good luck Dave for tomorrow. 113m is yours for the taking - stop making us all wait for it!

Good luck to all the other divers too, it's been amazing keeping up with the progress online from Dahab. Wishing you all fabulous, fun and funky dives
xxxx
Sara

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT