• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vertical blue 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nth Qld Spearo

Nov 19, 2008
Maybe im looking in the wrong places but the only thread i can find on this event is the sunto dive off thread?

I dunno bout you guys but iam VERY keen to hear how everyone is going even in training?????

I know Fattah is down their, has he switched to inhale as rumored somewhere?? If so what sort of depths is he hitting?

Hertbet? Wal steyn anyone got ANY updates on what all the athletes are doing in training??

Would appreciate any info

cheers

Hwy mate,

you'll find it takesa while for info to get to us from Dean's Blue Hole, pretty remote spot with very average internet connection. not to mention the fact that i expect that alot of people are focused on training as a priority which i understand.... and being a comp are keeping number close to themselves. i have heard that Eric since switching back to inhale has been diving in the mid 90range and that was a while ago so i have great faith that he'll crack the 100m, i know dave mullins did 100m in lake taupo so hes on a good run to, spoke to Wal before he left and he wasw pretty quite but expect some sold dives from him once he gets the "FLOW".

you coming up to the lake this weekend?

DD

hi

Cheers for that bit of info dane and will thats the sorta inside updates i like to see dane, i reckon fattah will smash through the 100m mark. I reckon Wal will also smash the AUS record cant wait to hear how he goes.

Hey dane yer i was planning on giving you a call tonite about coming up to the lake this weekend. I will call you after work, will be awsome.

Anyone with other info or updates on their fellow countryman please feel free to update us all. Imagine the day this stuff comes live on TV!!!!!!

hi will

Top stuff mate exactly the sort of info that I was after. Any chance on an update for steyn and fattah.

cheers

Flabergasted!!!

Well done Herbert, Well done Will, and well done to the NR holders and everyone else giving it a good crack!

Cheers,
Ben

ps,

Benny ya numpty, wanna say that again........

congrats to everyone diving there hearts out, keep the great perfomances coming!

DD

Stupid work computer.... not sure why it decided I had to say that 4 times, better get deleting...

Its scarily brilliant how fast 100m the once holy grail of cwt has been left behind.

Thanks to those who are providing updates on what is going on, especially the detailed end-of-day comments on Will's site.
One thing I'd be curious to read about, is some technical details. Which monofins, which wetsuits, any innovative tricks? Anyone trying FIM feet first?
I read that Eric wears a neckweight (does that help?) with a torch attached, why that?

It's to see better in the dark :)

Nearly everybody is using a Glide fin. Nobody going feet-first that I'm aware of

ay up Dave! Is Eric diving on a full inhale? Any packing?

I think Glides have changed a bit in the last couple of years, I tried one in 2007 and it was ordinary - almost no angle (and therefore no glide) and nothing on the hyperfins. These days the design seems a lit better, the cost is reasonable and they're relatively easy to order, which is probably the big selling point.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nearly everybody is using a Glide fin.
Yes, I noticed on the photos :)

@Dave
Which stiffness is yours? And if you know stiffness of others it would be helpful

Morten

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT