• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vertical blue 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
So far it's been an epic comp! Congrats to you again Will for the 92m milestone and to everyone else for their amazing dives.

I am particularly excited to see Eric get the chance for 100m. We all know he can do it without a neck weight or a suit, I hope it is a successful dive, both on paper and within.

And to William W, I hope the 96m FIM record helped solve the sinus demon once and for all.

Wouldn't it be great, Will T., if you had another record to break owned by someone else? :friday

Keep up the great action. And I wish everyone excellent, safe and memorable dives.

Pete

awsome stuff eric goin for the big 100, will eric be diving again without the neckweight pete? Wish him all the best on the 100m. Will Will T attempt to better herbets 124 constant before comp ends?

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING numbers. Congratulations to everyone there!

Especially to Will, the heart and soul of the Blue Hole

Howard

Thanks go out to ALL the competitors and support crew at what is once again an amazing record breaking meet at the Blue Hole. Just when we think people surely can't go any deeper along come these amazing beings who continue to amaze.
Especially I would like to thank Will Trubridge for being not only an astounding competitor but an amazing organiser and host. :)

Crazy announcements today... Cant believe it.
top-times_26

I so much hope for all white cards!

you people said crazy???

I think that here it's a to weak of a word!!! Any native speaker with a better one?

If I was allowed to swear on here...

Good luck and safe dives to all

Kars instead of crazy "ffing mental"?
Good luck to all.The dives are inspirational for a mere mortal like myself.

New World Record by Trubridge: 95 meter constant no fins!

Winram, Nitsch and Mullins turn early. Ryuzo new japanese record 108 meter constant weight.

That's just so impressive. His performances in CNF get more and more consistent. I think even Martin Stepanek will have a very hard time catching up with Trubridge now. The question seems to be when - and not if - he will be the first man to reach 100m in CNF. Big congratulations, Will!

And also my compliments to David Mullins for attempting to challenge Nitsch in CW. I think the announcement itself means quite a lot psychologically. It would be very interesting to know how deep he has actually been in training.

But then again, I wonder how many of the announcements were serious. Will's no doubt was. But with Nitsch, I am not so sure. What he said about CNF at the Worlds makes me wonder...

Last edited:
Mine was a genuine attempt, but I'm the first to admit it would have been a stretch even if I had reached the baseplate. Yet again, I had to pull up around the 110m mark. One more attempt tomorrow. If I have to pull up early one more time I plan to have my eardrums removed.

I think that Herbert just planned to do a training dive today.

If I have to pull up early one more time I plan to have my eardrums removed.
I'd be quite glad to buy your used eardrums Dave ;-)
But for now I just wish they will let you go all the way through tomorrow.

I wish you all the best of luck on the last day of the competition.

Good luck to ALL!

Will for your attempt on the magic 100 CNF! insprirational
DAVE from across the pond mate if my ears were good enough i'd give you mine! hahaha

on a side note what has happened to Wal? he ok? hasnt dived for the last couple of days and hasn nominated for the final day of comp?

DD

Will T has been in the news here in Australia today, but just about everyone has got the story wrong. Channel 7 Sunrise program (morning show) had him on this morning, and Channel 10 have had the news report on their news broadcasts, including a "Play of the Day" on their sport program Sports Tonight. They are saying he has the world record at 116m without any fins on with a time of 4:09, and are showing footage of his 92m dive. Bit garbled but not bad for the media really.

In any case, outstanding performances, and best of luck for the last day to all!!

Cheers,
Ben

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT