• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

very deep dives without mouthfil?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
it now seems there has been more information on this thread for me than the book has in it by the sounds.
good sales pitch though and i hope it paid off .

Last edited:
Reactions: azapa
we all know the saying "if it sounds too good to be true then..... it usually is" looks like it holds true for this "deep insightful tome on equalisation"

DD

my copy arrived today. It resembles a 10 page middle school essay printed on a home printer. No revelations here-- interesting that the author has convinced himself and his unquestioning followers that he is the guru of equalization issues. I wish he did have the "answers"- my dives would be so much easier and Eric wouldn't have to help me anymore.

It might not be the best-written book (haven't read it but judging by what you guys said) and from what I understand it was meant to be an aid to Marcus' courses but whenever I did talk with Marcus about deep diving (out of interest on my part - I don't dive deep and not training for depth either), his approach/advice sounded quite solid.

I don't consider myself unquestioning (does it say in the book about the unquestioning followers by the way? lol) and I don't doubt the effectiveness of the mouthfil (after all it is proven) but at the same time from everything I have read so far there isn't only one method.

Actually reading Will's method of EQ so far on this thread using reverse packs doesn't sound dissimilar at all to Marcus' preference (apologies to Marcus if this is not accurate - just my understanding). Surely to achieve it you need to work solidly on thoracic/diaphragmatic flexibility and on the trachea/throat.

Don't really understand why this method is so absurdly problematic in dealing with EQ issues? In fact, even if you are using mouthfil, it's probably still a must to have a solid training program focusing on flexibility of these areas.

You can now rip me apart :)

Last edited:
Simos,
I don't intend to rip you or anyone apart but I think you need to waste $20+ ( inclu shipping) for this non-book - and read the couple large ,spaced ,pages and then tell us what you think. As tcrusson said; Marcus does not describe any equalization technique -at all. He talks about the obvious stretching and relaxation but nothing technical and since he has never done any deep dives himself, this leaves one to believe that he is deceptive in his claims and that this publication is simply a scam and a shallow promotion for his business.
I ordered it out of curiousity and I don't regret it , as now I can speak with knowledge of this "tome" and dissuade fellow divers from investing false hope in the miracle equalization cure and save them time and money in the process.

The irony is that the old saying "There is no such thing as bad press" holds true. Thanks to Marcus' publication, people are talking about him and his club and it is bound to get more people contacting him in the long run, especially newbies who don't know any better. He's also made some money off those of you who have already bought his 'manual' and I'm sure more people will buy it even if it is just so that they can slate him over it... he's still getting your $. You've got to give him credit for being a good marketer.

There are other well-know freediving personalities who have gained fame by being controversial and they are making a living from the results.

So if you want a name for yourself in freediving either break some real world records (not so easy) or set some crappy records like 'longest apnea nose-picking session' (easy) or make some controversial claims like you invented the mouthfill (easier) or be a big enough ass that everyone hears about you (very easy).

x_yetSo if you want a name for yourself in freediving either break some real world records (not so easy) or set some crappy records like 'longest apnea nose-picking session' (easy) or make some controversial claims like you invented the mouthfill (easier) or be a big enough ass that everyone hears about you (very easy).[/quote said:
that is known as a" Redl" rofl

Reactions: jay cluskey
So if you want a name for yourself in freediving either break some real world records (not so easy) or set some crappy records like 'longest apnea nose-picking session' (easy) or make some controversial claims like you invented the mouthfill (easier) or be a big enough ass that everyone hears about you (very easy).

Ey!

A world record Constant Apple No Fins is well hard!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiw3nZTPIpg]YouTube - Superdaan does World Record Constant Apple No Fins[/ame]

World record deepest Superman pants? No joke

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekEQ-dZS_kE]YouTube - Freediving World Record -deepest Superman pants[/ame]

And i actually did invent a new technique for equalizing with the apple in my mouth; it's called the mouth-with-apple-fill, clearly evidenced here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt6W9z3guIo]YouTube - apple down -a freediving world record[/ame]

reason i didn't write a couple of pages about it and call it a book is that the technique really sucks, and doesn't actually work well -it just makes things harder.

Hey all ... I think the CANF is actually wrong name ... Since he did eat the apple down there it should be variable apple no fins :))) Rofl

No it could not be variable, because he merely locates the apple to his inside, NOT leaving it behind :D

or maybe interappler exchange during extended nofins freediving. there's a new field of freedive science,we could see if the nutrient exchange from the apple could be considered a performance inhancer????....... :)

DD

The apple descends using any means possible and ascends using any means accessible.

No Apples

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT