• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Volunteers required for deep freedive project: Southern France

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sebastien murat

May 18, 2004
Hi all,

I'm looking for a handful (3-5) of freedivers/spearfishers in the greater Antibes (France) area who might be interested in assisting with a no-limit freedive project, for 10 days to 2 weeks, most early morning, for 2-3 hours, from about the 5th till the 14th of June (dates yet to be fixed).

The dives are experimental dives and will be undertaken on `empty´ lungs. They are part of a larger scientific project dealing with the potential for human hibernation. We'll be collecting important physiologic data, such as heart rate at extreme depth. The dives will involve build-up dives to progressively deeper depths. It is hoped that dives will reach (world) record level standard.

The project is supported by Maurice Lacroix, a high-end Swiss watch manufacturer, and UWATEC and Subgear, subsidiaries of Johnson Outdoors. The project will involve considerable global media exposure, especially as it pertains to the human story and characters behind the project.

In exchange for your kind assistance, I'll be running a free-of-charge freediving workshop (in English) on those little known esoteric things relating to deep/extreme freediving. For interested and highly motivated divers coming from further afield, there exists the possibility for accommodation and meals catering.

Interested divers should have experience and knowledge of deep freediving operations, especially as it relates to boat diving. A first-aid certificate involving EAR/CPR, small boating driver's license, command of the french language, and u/w videography/photography are highly desirable. So too, local waters knowledge. However, exceptional applicants lacking some of these skills will nevertheless be seriously considered. I can speak both fluent French and Italian and so am willing to accommodate if necessary. Please note that a medical certificate is necessary to participate in the practical side of the freediving workshop.

Interested divers should contact me direct via:
Email: Sebastien_Murat@yahoo.com
Mob: +46-(0)73-081-9066

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best
Seb

Hi Seb, great to hear your project is beginning the last phase soon, I'm looking forward to your adventures and discoveries.

Will there be a website or Youtube Channel for frequent Updates?

Mercy!

Hi,

If there are any other interested divers please ensure that you've a powerboat drivers license before applying. It has to be of comparable standard to the RYA powerboat level 2.

Applications will close end next week.

Cheers
Seb

Hi cherished DB members.

The day before yesterday I've applied for the job of 'Personal assistant' to Sebastien's sponsosor "French Job" page. I have personal contact with Seb, and he recommended me applying for that job. This apparently is given to people who are able to gather a lot of vote's, and that's where you can help me out with.

Since I'm not on Facebook or other social media, I try to call up on my best Deeperblue acquaintances and friends to visit the link below and vote for my application.

French Job Vote for Kars' application :)

I hope you deem me worthy! :wave

Thank You!

Kars

ps. I can give you some DB reputation points in return :ban

pps, I don't know if it's a bug, but it seems like I can vote multiple times for myself :D, so feel free to use the F5 button and refresh that page for a dozen times, voting a dozen times :D

Last edited:
Hi cherished DB members.

The day before yesterday I've applied for the job of 'Personal assistant' to Sebastien's sponsosor "French Job" page. I have personal contact with Seb, and he recommended me applying for that job. This apparently is given to people who are able to gather a lot of vote's, and that's where you can help me out with.

Since I'm not on Facebook or other social media, I try to call up on my best Deeperblue acquaintances and friends to visit the link below and vote for my application.

French Job Vote for Kars' application :)

I hope you deem me worthy! :wave

Thank You!

Kars

ps. I can give you some DB reputation points in return :ban

pps, I don't know if it's a bug, but it seems like I can vote multiple times for myself :D, so feel free to use the F5 button and refresh that page for a dozen times, voting a dozen times :D

You got a vote from me Kars - I don't need more rep, I have more than I should already lol

Reactions: Kars
Kars, I really enjoy what you have to say on DB and thought I'd show my appreciation by voting for you.

I just tried to vote for the first time but unfortunately got a message saying that "it appears that you already voted for his application..."

Not sure what is causing this issue - device, location, IP address - but I hope that they get this gremlin sorted out soonest as it will really be unfortunalte if an IT bug would cause an problem with you application.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Kars, I really enjoy what you have to say on DB and thought I'd show my appreciation by voting for you.

I just tried to vote for the first time but unfortunately got a message saying that "it appears that you already voted for his application..."

Not sure what is causing this issue - device, location, IP address - but I hope that they get this gremlin sorted out soonest as it will really be unfortunalte if an IT bug would cause an problem with you application.

Good luck!

Did you vote for someone else for another role? I voted for Kars and it worked and today I tried voted for someone else for pool boy and it wouldn't let me, got the same error as you. Must IP or cookie based, probably some people abused the votes...

I pushed the vote button but got no response so I pushed again & got "it appears that you already voted for his application..."
I can only hope my vote worked?

Did you vote for someone else for another role? I voted for Kars and it worked and today I tried voted for someone else for pool boy and it wouldn't let me, got the same error as you. Must IP or cookie based, probably some people abused the votes...

Nope, Kars was the only person I tried voting for.

I went directly from the link Kars posted and tried voting, it was also the first time I visited the french job.com site.

I'm accesing from a SA 3G connection which means myIP adress is dynamic. I have not tried to clear cookies yet, will do and report back.

Right, just deleted all cookies and watnot and still received the same response "It appears that you already voted for his application..." so it seems they may be blocking voting based on IP address or there may be a bug in their app.

Good luck Kars, hope u get the job!

I tried voting but i got the same response as landshark and foxfish

Allrightythen... kinda funny debugging someone else's app...:duh but here goes.
Oh, and sorry as this seems like a bit of a thread hi-jack but it may however help someone else. Admin please delete once resolved.

The voting isn't working for me at all... all attempts deliver the following response:

"It appears that you have already voted for this application. In order to make the contest as fair as possible for everyone to participate, we do not allow anyone to vote for the same video multiple times. Thank you very much for your participation and understanding!"

As above and also tried from the following configurations:

• iPad; iPhone; Mac book pro + Safari + 3G (no static IP)
  • PC [Win 7]+ Firefox; IE; Chrome; Opera + Static and dynamic IP's
  • Linux [Red hat] + Firefox + Static and dynamic IP's
  • Oh, also tried without the dev. sub-domain.
[Yes, I'm a spearocomputernerd :girlie]

My opinion: Unless they are filleting out complete IP blocks, the app, she's broken.

Well, i voted, at least clicked the button..
also have sent request for voting to bunch of friends on Facebook....
Kars, just let us know when you get the job, you totally deserve it

Reactions: Kars
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT