• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Volunteers required for deep freedive project: Southern France

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The voting system really is quite bad I have to say. Look at the wordpress section. A guy who applied 16 hours ago with 21k votes. Somebody has discovered cookie blocking.

Yes it's obvious a lot of those votes for many people are just fake. Should be easy to get rid of the bogus votes. I also noticed when I was voting that one moment I couldn't vote for anyone, and another time I could vote for someone multiple times...

Always happens in these kind of competitions...

Kars has my vote - no doubt he's your guy Seb. Lisa I don't know you but your resume on your voting page sounds interesting and I think you'll bring a lot of vitality and freshness in your reporting to all the followers of this event. I wish both of you the best of luck.

Reactions: Kars
Kars has my vote - no doubt he's your guy Seb. Lisa I don't know you but your resume on your voting page sounds interesting and I think you'll bring a lot of vitality and freshness in your reporting to all the followers of this event. I wish both of you the best of luck.

Thank you for your vote, Adrian. This is quite a nice community.

I will bring vitality and freshness in my reporting, AND humour!

Best,
Lisa
Lisa Green applied as English Blogger | MAURICE LACROIX

P.S. I like your photo of the Cala Montgo: Moon-type jellyfish seen from below
http://www.art-centre.com/sea/medusa_003.html

Thank you Lisa,

I see they made an effort to correct the vote count, so many dropped a many points, including Lisa and me. Some dropped even completely off the list.

Anyway I'm still surprised by some numbers, but hey what can I do?

Well I'm glad my Youtube video's numbers have shot up, and I surely hope some of these people take the effort to vote on the Maurice Lacroix website:

Kars van Kouwen applied as Personal Assistant | MAURICE LACROIX

Thanks!

Kars

Thanks to all those who applied. Applications are now closed.

Best
Seb

Was that a last minute decision by Maurice Lacroix??? I thought the deadline was next week/end! I was going to make one last, big push at the end...

"The deadline for entries or the determination of the finalists with the most votes in each job category (in each category the top ten will be determined as finalists from which one winner is chosen) is May 20th, 2012 at 24:00. The winners will be chosen on May 23rd by the Promoter."

The French Job Terms & Condition MAURICE LACROIX

In any case, thank you everyone who supported me in this contest. I appreciate it, & I hope I will be able to repay you with engaging reporting from the Seb's side. :eek:

Best,
Lisa

Closure is for dive crew. Remember This is a diver forum.

QUOTE=LisaGreen;880253]Was that a last minute decision by Maurice Lacroix??? I thought the deadline was next week/end! I was going to make one last, big push at the end...

"The deadline for entries or the determination of the finalists with the most votes in each job category (in each category the top ten will be determined as finalists from which one winner is chosen) is May 20th, 2012 at 24:00. The winners will be chosen on May 23rd by the Promoter."

The French Job Terms & Condition MAURICE LACROIX

In any case, thank you everyone who supported me in this contest. I appreciate it, & I hope I will be able to repay you with engaging reporting from the Seb's side. :eek:

Best,
Lisa[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure people cannot vote any more, I think people still can!

Btw you got an interesting number of votes: 1111 :)

So there are still days to go to the 20th before the votes are closed.
However people cannot apply anymore.

So by all means have your vote offensive!

I'm not sure people cannot vote any more, I think people still can!

Btw you got an interesting number of votes: 1111 :)

So there are still days to go to the 20th before the votes are closed.
However people cannot apply anymore.

So by all means have your vote offensive!

You & me, we can do it, Kars! :wave

Let's strategize over the weekend.

I am at a disadvantage as I start traveling on Tuesday night until the deadline. I'm aiming for a Monday push...

You & me, we can do it, Kars! :wave

Let's strategize over the weekend.

I am at a disadvantage as I start traveling on Tuesday night until the deadline. I'm aiming for a Monday push...

Sounds like a perfect marriage to me! :chatup

ps I got the plane tickets.

Dear friends,

May I ask you to support me as a Russian blogger :) as well!

Please vote for me! I am looking forward to be a part of new world records and help Sebastien to be known in Russia as far as possible.

Maria Kalinicheva applied as Russian Blogger | MAURICE LACROIX

I hope you don't see it as a spam! :)

I am nice girl and fun! Why me? why not :))))

I am looking forward to be there!

Thank you in advanced! Thank you for your Vote!

Maybe see you with some of you there :))))

Maria :)

Hi everyone,

A little update:

I'm not on the Sebastien Freedive safety team.

I'm now aiming for the Maurice Lacroix PR team as the Personal Assistant.
So if you can pass me another round of votes to help convince ML they should hire me.

Tomorrow is the last voting day, thank you!

ML is going to control any information coming out, and Sebastien is going to be entirely focused on the dives himself. So I as the (only!) freediver at the house CAN make make a huge difference in the depth of the reporting.

I'm planning in offering the whole team a static introduction, so they at least have an inkling about what freediving feels like.

Love, Courage and Water!

Kars

ps. please also vote for Lisa and Maria, for they at least put some effort in contacting us!

Well, congratulation Kars!

And Thank you if you will supporting me as well. Unfortunately diving is just my hobby and I am learning it, but I hope it does not matter how good you are in diving to get this place.

Please help me win! I am really want to be a part of this dream team :)))

I am great team player and interesting person. I can do this in positive, fun way as many people like it. And if you are not in a process please present your vote for me! :)))

:inlove

:head
I dont know how they will choose a winner... I just hope it will be me! :))))
I know russian mentality and what girls might like in this blog about Sebastien Murat :))) at the end of the day it should attract people for the events and I can do it.

I asked some of my Russian divers friends and not many really familiar with his name. And I asked my girls friends which is about university and football teams .. a lot.. and it is room for improvement to make it interesting for female part of russia. As you know girls population in Russia is bigger than men. :)

But of course it depends on who is a target market for Mourice Lacroix adv. team :))))

Any way, PLEASE VOTE FOR ME! The more support I will get from different location than better :)))!!!

Thank you guys! :inlove

Kisses,

Have a great day!
Maria

Hi everyone,

A little update:

I'm not on the Sebastien Freedive safety team.

I'm now aiming for the Maurice Lacroix PR team as the Personal Assistant.
So if you can pass me another round of votes to help convince ML they should hire me.

Tomorrow is the last voting day, thank you!

ML is going to control any information coming out, and Sebastien is going to be entirely focused on the dives himself. So I as the (only!) freediver at the house CAN make make a huge difference in the depth of the reporting.

I'm planning in offering the whole team a static introduction, so they at least have an inkling about what freediving feels like.

Love, Courage and Water!

Kars

ps. please also vote for Lisa and Maria, for they at least put some effort in contacting us!

Kars, there will be no static demos, practicing breath-holding etc at the pool, at the villa, or anywhere else. As I told you earlier, this is not what this is about......not at all. Moreover, the job of personal assistant does not entail this at all.

Sebastien, and what you are expecting from Russian blogger? should it be someone very good in free diving? :head

Kars, there will be no static demos, practicing breath-holding etc at the pool, at the villa, or anywhere else. As I told you earlier, this is not what this is about......not at all. Moreover, the job of personal assistant does not entail this at all.

bloggers not my department and no freediving knowledge or experience necessary
If I were you I would care because my experience is that those who lack that knowledge and experience often write things you do not like about freediving which often are also not true.

Personally I would also mention the voting behaviour. I see Chinese blogger Alvin gain thousand votes within an hour untill he overtakes Chinese blogger Xueyan. Then the voting for him completely stops. In turn Xueyan suddenly gains hundreds of votes within just minutes until he overtakes pole position again, and then the voting for him stops. Then the cycle repeats.
Prodan gainesd about 10.000 of his votes over a week ago in just two days.

It shows tome that something is wrong within the voting system. I presume a sponsor trying to put a quality product in the market nor you want that.

Though I take what I do seriously, I'm not attached to freediving, and certainly I have not interest in censoring reports about it or misconstruing reality by painting pretty pictures. There will always be inaccuracies, people who think that diving is pathological, etc. They're entitled to their views. People are not obliged to take any interest in freediving. Thinking that they should is a mistake. I put forward info to the best of my knowledge, but I accept people may misinterrpret what I say and even take things out of context. That's life, and I most certainly wont lose any sleep over it!

Reactions: jome
Accepting that people may misinterrpret what you say is one thing and partly a fact of life. Choosing bloggers who have no clue is promoting misinterpretations.

I encountered strange things on TV. From interpreting concentration to perepare for a dive as he must be feeling sick ad trying to put his act together. A contraction was hyperventilating air back and forth between stomac and lungs. And a medic preparing medication to inject someone with a big needle through his wetsuit right into the heart because he was a medical expert and the person was already doing a 2 minutes static. Filtering that crap out is professional not misinterperting reality.

Makes me wonder what the selection criteria will be.

Meanwhile the Chinese bloggers mentioned above gained another 5.000 votes each in the last 4 hours. That cannot be normal.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT