• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What's behind your DB nickname?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Don't forget Eype, Abbotsbury, the Fleet, Chesil Cove, Portland Bill, Church Ope, Baraclava Bay, Portland Harbour, Newton's Cove, Osmington, Ringstead, Durdle Dor, Man o War Bay, Stair Hole, Mupe Rocks, Kimmeridge, Chapman's Cove, Durlson Head, Peveril Point, Swanage bay, Ballard Head & Studland.

chesil_and_fleet_aerial.jpg

pulpit.jpg
ChurchOpeCove-09_050612.jpg

june_suegreenough_weymouth_401x300.jpg
08.jpg

000014_bfd815d0.jpg

65919657.5TzcsgL4.jpg

L2-Stair-high.jpg

tn_kimm_tif.jpg

J16.jpg

[Amazing scenary - although obviously the weather isn't always quite that pleasant]

Your wife is right (they usually are), of course, the Bond image is more interesting than reality. As I said on an early thread, more like an Armish John Merrick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pastor
Re: What's behing your DB nickname?

Studland?

rofl

Last edited:

It’s true there’s plenty of nudists at Studland even I’ve been known to "swing" down that way through the summer.:):)
Also seen some fine Scallops there in the past but strangely enough only in the summer.;);)rofl

And it was named after me! :t
What does your signature say... "All men dream"! ;)
("Is that a mackeral you've speared, or are you just pleased to see me?")

Re. the secrecy thing, I don't think it is too wise to post personal details on the web. However, my family have also asked me to remain anonymous, for their protection - which seems reasonable.

Last edited:

Too true Mr X! When I went to Guernsey last year I was in disguise just in case everyone turned out to be a closet nutter. I was right, loons the lot of them but they never saw the real me......rofl

Reactions: Mr. X

Re. the secrecy thing, I don't think it is too wise to post personal details on the web. However, my family have also asked me to remain anonymous, for their protection - which seems reasonable.
That's a fair point and one which I respect and sympathise with. I too am a private person and am non too happy with the idea of all my or my families details being broadcast to all who may choose to read what is a public forum. If that is your wish then I think we should all respect that too :)

Reactions: Mr. X

RSD=Red Sea Diver or Red Sea Dreamer, now that I'm in Montreal searching the murky depths for .....a shoe, a tire, barrels of toxic waste or a dude in concrete boots. None of them move very fast so I don't need a spear.

My user name is based around my surname - Red Indian by origin. (Foxen)

Last edited:

Any of my russian literate freinds ought to be able to squint their eyes and figure it out. For the rest of us,
o=o
c=s
t=t
p=r
o=o
r=g
a=a
So in russkie 'ostroga', which is a fish spear. Had to find a word related to my habit, but which could also be spelled out [kind of] via english abc's. Every bit helps me pick up some more language. There are at least 2 russian words i won't forget : fish-spear and beer

"Šípek" in Czech - pronounce sheepeck. Meaning is "rose hip". I like to pick up rose hips in the right time of year (in the late autumn, when they are a slightly frozen - it makes them very soft and sweet). Then I put them into water with sugar and yeast and after few months - voila - yummy wine is ready to be enjoyed. :friday

"Šípek" in Czech - pronounce sheepeck. Meaning is "rose hip". I like to pick up rose hips in the right time of year (in the late autumn, when they are a slightly frozen - it makes them very soft and sweet). Then I put them into water with sugar and yeast and after few months - voila - yummy wine is ready to be enjoyed. :friday

hey i often wondered :) couldnt relate Czechs to sheep and had me all confused :)

Yes, I think that for those unfamiliar with Czech language it's undecipherable. Even my friends here are not sure how to understand to it.

my name comes from a couple things...i'm from florida, love the water, surfing, spearfishing, flip flops, guitar, and not wearing shirts, so my friends i play rugby with in annapolis started calling me a bro. you know, a bro. (watch the youtube video bro-rape) eventually this evolved into Dante from grandma's boy, and since i'm more tan than most of the people up here i became known as bronze. or broooonze! the frog is for the frogmen in WWII...i hope to maybe follow in their more modern footsteps. but those are some pretty big...not shoes...webs?..to fill, so we'll see!

Reactions: Erik

haha yes! it changed my life...video game nerds and stoners, best combination ever

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT