• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What's behind your DB nickname?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yes I know all the people from Caracas. But I live by the coast, it's a place called Puerto la Cruz, a very nice place to do watersports, and of course Freediving, I dont have to go very far to get deph and calm waters to train or to relax watching what's under the surface....

You were right about the Santa thing, a lot of people write it that way......( not me) :duh

hi

Ok giovapnea

Hey- you speak and write a very good ingles! -vale- better than me-

Bueno like you I lived very close to the el mar- in a place call matanzas bay-

pero not only liked to the see ocean but sumerge there too-
I did spearfishing and now freediving-

Last edited:
jo' que bonito!

y porque se llama Bahia de Matanzas? se mataba gente alli (en historia?) tiene algo que ver con alguna guerra?

hi

Hi I found this information on the internet- I wasn't sure if the indian killed the espanoles or the espanoles killed the indian but here is:

Matanzas (Varadero)
At their origins, Matanzas was an indian town known as Yucayo, settled near the Guanima Bay. The Spanish named the place as Matanzas, after a ship with thirty men and two woman shipwrecked nearby the port and were attacked and died by the indians. In this zone, the spanish in 1693 founded the city with the name of San Carlos and San Severino of Matanzas nearby the splendid bay with the higher soaked of Cuba.

Matanzas has the pride of having in its territory, one of the best beach of the world: Varadero, a nature's masterpiece. Its perfect coastline of fine white sand runs for 20 kilometers and can be considered a holiday paradise.This resort is located on the Northern coast of Matanzas province, It extend through a narrow peninsula, the Hicacos peninsula. The fine white sand and its warm transparent waters makes from this place one of the most important and recognize beach place in the world

Just 2 hours from Havana, Varadero is easy to reach from any part of the world. You can arrive either by direct flight to its international airport or by private boat to its harbor, or by well maintained roads from any region of the Island. Yachts and private aircraft can enter Varadero by establishing radio contact with Cuban authorities.

Matanzas, the city of the bridge and the poets, is the capital of the province with the same name. In the heart of the city we can find the Jose White cultural center, the place where more than a century ago was danced the first "danzon" compound by Miguel Failde.

Matanzas have besides Varadero, other places with tourist interest like; The Yumuri Valley, where we could see the cuban nature in its all brightness. the Bellamar cave, with more than 2 km long, and in the south part, at the Zapata peninsula, is located the Natural Park Montemar, a paradise for the one who love nature.This incredible natural reservation have an area of thousands of square kilometers of forest and coast vegetation, extensive places of moisture and manglars which are the habitat of 160 species of birds and 900 of superior trees. Mammals, fishes, and amphibians are joined to this wonderful show in the Caribbean island.

______

PS- that is where pipin lived

HEHEHEHEHEHE

Nice one Snorkel Bum. Those are my thoughts exactly ;)

Sorry I have not posted earlier as I have been fishing all weekend.

Thanks for the support Adrian :D Not sure i am worthy of a monument but I am least grateful for the mention.

Thanks Bro

Keep those pics coming snorkel

And as for my name:

Antediluvian Druids Revel In Absolute Naturalism

Now if you don't know how to interpret that don't worry, I don't either, just ask...er....Shaca! :D

Adrian [/B][/QUOTE]

It means that old farts walk about naked :D

Adrian aren't you spaniard? Don't tell me that you like Druids:head

To get back on subject...

:D

I couldn't decide on my first email name, so my sister suggested battyblonde. Plus Batman is one of my favorite comic book characters. Now I tend to use the word 'bat' in internet stuff that requires a user name. Batrays are interesting, mischief-filled creatures. There is a pool in the Monterey Bay Aquarium where you may touch them, but only if they are willing. If they feel particularly wicked, they will 'fly' past you an inch too far away. If you lean just a bit further, you will fall further. They maintain a perfectly serious expression the whole time. I can appreciate that.

Plus my first name is Rachel. It all makes sense, really.:)

hi

island_sands

This pictures are from Cuba - matanzas bay!

did you think It was venezuela??
no

yes Pipin is Cuban and this is the bay he used to spearfishing-
as other more people that I know-

most of them doesn't know anything about freediving techiques ect -don't even have good mask or fins--but you have to see how deep they can reach -

I waiting for the day I can go there to take pictures or video of them-- and sharing with them all that I have learned now about freediving or maybe they will teach me- jaja

saludos

Daniel.

Yes. you're right, that people didn't care about elapsed time, bottom time, surface time, mask, fins, carbon fiber fins, monofins, they just dive. As simple as that. And they can go really deep. I know a guy here in venezuela, he really dont care how deep he was, if he feels like going down he goes for it, he is into spearfishing, he's got this huge mask, crappy fins, no wetsuit, no dive watch. that's the beauty of what he does. He is never worried about anything. We got to learn a lot from them.....

Yes. you're right, that people didn't care about elapsed time, bottom time, surface time, mask, fins, carbon fiber fins, monofins, they just dive.
I should feel bad... lol :duh I spend way too much money on my fishing and freediving stuff.... :naughty

LOL you two :) I think SB alone spends more on gear than I've done on makeup! and Ive spent some money on that :eek:

:eek: Hehehehe, I really should thank my Dad for all his hard work which I blow away on my gear! :duh rofl :p
Proof that I am way to cozy sitting on my Dads money...
Things I bought in the last month:

Omer Bouy
Beuchat rubber belt
Cressi 2.5mm gloves
Beuchat 3mm socks
6 kilos of wieght
Mérou wetsuit (276€ :duh :duh :duh )
Specialfins Stereopro
Beuchat Mundial Elite

... I should be worried, and so should my Dad hehehee :t

Murat,
I am Spanish but we have a lot of celtic tradition in the north west of Spain. They even play bagpipes like the Scottish! By the way, I do have some Scottish blood as well. And Basque, and Italian, and Dominican....

Funny interpretation Shane, :D but I don't think Druids would have walked around without any furs on, they are generally from colder countries no? Another interpretation - probably closer to why I acronymed my name that way is that I'm a western middle-aged mystic. ;)

Adrian

lol!
thought you were talking about Venezuela... yeah i should change my name to blonde_sands.

I spent 29 years in the Army, active and reserve, retiring with the permanent rank of Master Sergeant. Seemed reasonable enough that I use it on all forums, including the signature block. ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT