• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Why I hate you all....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
bdurrett said:
You were just too quick and I hand't figured out the new insertion mechanism :mute yet.... rofl

lol! does that go for slipping in snorkels too?

Alison said:
Answer
Nope, just more and more gossip :eek:

Or we are already married....

or, in some cases, they already have boyfriends :eek:

You know the old joke...

Q: What do good men and toilets have in common?

A: The good ones are all taken and the rest are full of sh:ban! rofl

Amphibius,
Bad luck about cold weather mate
It is a bit warmer here around 40deg c last couple of days that is well over 100 on the silly scale F deg
a few unfortunate people were killed here -around 10 in South Aus last few days and 1 more North of Sydney today.
On the brighter side I finished work early yesterday and although I was 250km from my diving gear -no time to pack it #### I managed to enjoy a couple of hours swimming in the surf and admiring girls on the beach after work.
Is that 40 deg c inside temp on thermometer correct it would kill you if you came in from -40 to +40 if it is that cold outside about 18 or 20 would be better inside in my opinion.
I prefer to stay closer to natural temp -usually set air conb in hotels to 25 deg C in tropics no aircon at home so dont have to worry here:)

Amphibious,
Man! -40... that's cold. I was out snoeshoeing a couple years ago in the swamp when it was not quite that cold, around -35 when I fell through the snow into some water that had managed to stay liquid under the 4' of snow... Ever felt how heavy a snowshoe gets when you dip it in water, then back into the snow at -35??!! ;) Made for an entertaining trip anyway. There wasn't enough beer in my pack to give me the nerve to go snoeshoeing "Canadian" though!! :D

Alison,
Good to hear from you! Glad you're getting better :)

Bill,
It was +18C yesterday, and it's on it's way to -12 today here in beautiful Toronto... Still can't figure out why you ever left :hmm The Mayor's trying to decide weather to call in the Navy or the Army. Apparently in Toronto a foot of snow is a national emergency... not to mention the 3" of water in the streets when all that snow melts in one day! :vangry Now I can't seem to remember why I ever moved here in the first place... :duh

Sorry to hear the surgery didn't go as smoothly as it could've, but at the same time glad to hear that you're on the mend.

Sam,
Hang tough girl! I know those guys over there can't hold a candle to us canucks, :cool: but don't lose faith! If you took any of the guys over there and gave him enough beer to drink, and then told him to go stand outside in the snow in -40 temps in his boxers, I'm sure it would turn him into Mr. Right in a flash! ;) I won't bother to mention the clackers tho... :blackeye rofl

And to everyone else suffering through the January blues, just remember that the days have been getting longer since the 21st of Dec, (at least here in the N. hemisphere) and that Jan 11 is the statistical middle of winter as far as temps go... So it's all uphill from here!!

Cheers gang!
Aaron

Ben Gowland said:
Alison - Those balls - like Shane, I thought they were an 'exotic' item at first but nay, they are clackers

LOL They may be just clackers to you :eek: but when your in my boat! (Shane dream on! ;))

samdive said:
wow - more pictures of canadian guys in the snow please!!

I'll let him know and will see what I can do rofl

By the way for those of you in the chilly zones - I got a fantastic fake wolfskin rug for Christmas - highly recommended to anyone who is cold!! almost impossible to get out of bed these days....

If my knee wasn't busted I could run out and get you a real one, might smell a little like wet dog though.... :duh my buddy just sold his Rug, Huge balck timberwolf. american bought it sight unseen for $1500cdn :)

WoooHooo!! it's warmed up! -37C !!!! :friday

So Amph I just thought of something. If you leave your beer and chunk of Elk backstrap on the counter will they freeze solid? Burr had to turn off the AC in the office. Getting below the mid 70's F in here.

Brad

The Elk will freeze before the beer, but neither on my counter :D

If I left the beer in the truck they would all be rock solid by moring, but as every good canadian knows, you never leave booze in your truck, hard to make use of it there :D

as for the elk, I had to bow out of my elk hunt last fall do to a camel mishap. so no Elk for me :( next season, next season....

It was 44f here yesterday.
Today it's 5f and windy.
In the yard; the doves are lurking.
Underwater you can see a blue million miles right now.
All my stuff is riding around with me in my pickup.
When people talk to me I mostly reply 'I just want to be under water'
I like the rain on the surface too.
Also diving on still nights under a full moon.

It's cold down here in Baja, now is 20C, and there are two clouds too.

We say that every one who is swiming in the Gulf of California during winter, with a big smile in their face, must come from Canada. You can bet on that.

I'm not wonder why they are so hapy in 15C water.

Just head Sur until u get Baja.

And bring the beer,

Cheers

Amphibious said:
WoooHooo!! it's warmed up! -37C !!!! :friday

so... how's your weather today Amphibious? Still glass clacker weather?

went for an eye rest at lunchtime today.. and watched the Frozen Seas part of the Blue Planet... jeez the look of that water made me feel cold... had to cover myself with a towel!
zzz

Amphibious said:
If my knee wasn't busted I could run out and get you a real one,
You mean these things run around outide your door?? You want to tell your friend to wear something more than boxers!

Conveniently enough, Santa Barbara, Sonoma, and Napa are all on the way from where I live to BC. Wine you want? Wine I can do. I'll even stop off at the vineyard/winery my father used to own and run and get the Friend of Owner discount. Those were the days . . .

this is the best day ever! headed out for a few hour at the gym and it had warmed up!!!!! 6" of fluffy white on the ground, no need for Touque of Mits!! ohh it was wonderful!!!

no longer a frigid -40C.... now a sultry -19C !!! Summer is comming!!! :D

Alison said:
You mean these things run around outide your door?? You want to tell your friend to wear something more than boxers!

We shot one that was harasing cattle last year less then 10kms from where that photo was taken (guy in the photo was the shooter). we find their tracks on the river ice 300m from his house... and he lives in the city!! Timber wolves everywhere around here! :)

Amphibious said:
Timber wolves everywhere around here! :)

ooh, should make a nice blanky then! (sorry Sam :hmm )

-19 today? hell you'll be diving soon.

It's +3 and pouring raining now. The slickest roads i have ever seen - I crawled home from the gym at 20kph. the weather here is nutz!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT