• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Yep..Another which gun should I get, thread.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It is easy to order a kit for any air gun from forum member Tromic, what the kit does is stop water ingress into the barrel as happens on a standard gun. The difference is remarkable as the piston is no longer trying to push the water out at the same time as the spear.
Much faster shot and much reduced recoil, the kit I prefer required the line to be attached to the spear head rather than the tail!
PS when searching the forum try using Goggle ie dry barrel pneumatic deeper blue etc.

Reactions: Danny.c
Roger that.
So I will need the gauge to set the pressure to a low psi?with the kit I mean.Is there danger of busting the piston having the dry barrel kit. will make that thing slam I'am tipping.What psi would you suggest ,with the kit attached?

You don't really need a gauge, you can use a set of bathroom scales to measure the loading effort but tbh a gauge is easier.
I have my one air and airbalete both at 24 bar which gives an extremely fast spear speed and is ok to load.
Here's some videos of my airbalete with a Tomba kit at 22.5 bar to give you an idea of the performance.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nice footage Grant,I was shivering just watching:coldfeet:.Similar visibility were I dive most of the year.

It would also look great hanging on my wall.I would be to scared to get it wet.Not a huge fan Of the timber guns(as yet) or rollers nor have I ever tried them (call me shallow) ,but if I was, I would get that for sure. I seriously would love that gun as a piece of art.
Also don't get me wong about Darrel,s guns, have never tried mid grip gun's either ,dame creatures of habbit too blame for my narrow mindedness and fear of the unknown:bucktooth:.
Edit=What type of timer s that and what type of cut?It looks like quarter sawn

I feel the same way about my wooden guns, the only thing is they work so darn well its sacrilege just leaving them hanging on a wall.

A mid-handle really works well on longer guns because with your free hand on the butt of the gun you can use the handle as a swivel point which makes tracking fish much easier. I'm however not so sure on shorter guns... Either way, I'd love to one day add a Wong to my collection.

The wood is Teak but I don't know about cut and other woodworking details.... I just shoot them, I leave the manufacture up to the real artists :)

All this timber got me thinking.I just love timber and here is some more inspiration ,I am not sure if Gun builders ever get a kick out of nice grains and cuts ,specially as there just going to used as a practical fish hunters instead of put on walls but I would love a gun made from roasted(baked) flame or birds eye maple,drool worthy.
Edit=These a suhr Guitars.very expensive.

My PRECIOUS!!!!

gibson_sg.jpg

gibson_sg2.jpg

I don't have many regrets in life but not buying one of these while they where still in production definitely is one of them :cry::banghead:

I have a collection of strat's and tele's ,all top end ,I have a scolloped fret board which is amazing for bending and string control.Problem is..I gotta start selling them to make more room in my life,The other problem is I love them all and can not decide which to sell.:unsure:

Taking the raptor standard Carbine 105. ;)
4 day cool off period then Bamm!!

Awesome! Glad you've made a decision - from everything I've heard, you won't be disappointed.

Are you ordering direct from Bleutec? If so, can you get a custom paint job?

Awesome! Glad you've made a decision - from everything I've heard, you won't be disappointed.

Are you ordering direct from Bleutec? If so, can you get a custom paint job?
Cheers I can't wait.I can get the custom colour but I am keen on the natural look.
I am in the process of ordering through bluetec,it's not so easy though.

Cheers I can't wait.I can get the custom colour but I am keen on the natural look.
I am in the process of ordering through bluetec,it's not so easy though.

Can you beat natural carbon? Probably not!

Make sure you post some pictures when it arrives!

No,I had problems with customer service,so for common courtesy,I will leave it at that.

Gutted - what was the problem buddy? You must have a little bit of gossip to share!? :D

So what gun now? Made any decisions?

Gutted - what was the problem buddy? You must have a little bit of gossip to share!? :D

So what gun now? Made any decisions?
No all is good.We had a minor miss understanding.I am awaiting my new gun.115 raptor in plain carbon.:)
Good things take a long time(y).
Looking into bleutec,they have really refined there guns eliminating any problems that users have.
115 is a big gun for me ,as I like them smaller but I will call it my blue water cross reef gun and use my 90cm for shore dives only,so I don't beat the hell out of my raptor.

Reactions: Broseidon
Awesome! Glad you got it sorted mate.

Awaiting pics when it arrives!

I will suggest to go with Amirite carbon double roller gun that will serve your needs
Double-roller-muzzle.jpg

Might have to if Bleutec want hurry up and take my money:(.The aimrites are near the same price but there not as good.Bleutec have a seam less, one piece mono frame with a sexy ass cuttle shape.Don't get me wrong,I really do love the AR guns,but just look at the bleutec's bad ass guns,there sic.I am not just buying a toy,I am buying art work at the same time :).I love how bluetec and AR have flat handles for ease of aiming.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT