• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ireland 2014

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Haven't been in here in ages, hope all goes well in 2014 stay safe and full of fish :)

As the winter is still with us where do you guys go on trips to spear fishing, I was thinking the Channel Islands, Guernsey in particular. Any ideas :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bobdonny
Happy new year, god u didn't waste time ;)
Here's hoping 2014 is a better year for spishing...

Hav'nt been on here in ages, I take it no ones getting out in the 10ft seas? no more trips out after the Ling Rob?

20ft seas you mean!
Not been out since I found that monster shoal of bass and mullet. Not been out on the boat since the lings either.
Weather sucks, I've lots of jobs to do on the boat to get it preped for next season, but its been too mank to even do that!

Just changing the subject for a minute .. I am looking for a 17 fret tenor banjo & I was just wondering on the off chance, one of you guys might know of something?

Yeah budget :cautious: Thanks for the link Bob, I was sort of hoping someone had a nice playing but tatty one stuck in their attic ;)
Considering my non existent banjo playing ability I don't want to spend to much although I foresee a massive spending once I get to grips with the instrument :)
I have already had loads of fun with the one I have as I have snapped three E strings just trying to tune it !

I know what you mean, trying to teach my daughter guitar and spending some cash on strings myself!

Just noticed this up on divegear.ie... could be a good opportunity for someone looking to get skilled up.

Free PADI Internship programm

Preferred Contact: dive@iol.ie

Additional information:
We are now accepting applications for our 2014 Internship program. The program runs from April 1st to November 2nd 2014. We have four places in our internship programme this year and successful candidates will get the following FREE of Charge.

• Depending on your certification level, all courses up to Divemaster level including all materials and certification cost.
• Five PADI specialities
• 100 + dives
• Training in boat handling
• Training in Bottle filling
• Training in Dive centre Operations
• Emergency First Aid course
• Emergency First Aid Instructor Course *
• Instructor Development course *
• Five Instructor Specialities *
• All meals

In return you will be required to help out in training courses, leading dives, boat driving and working with the dive instructors and general dive centre duties.
Waterworld has been running this program for 22 years and our internship candidates have been very successful in the dive industry worldwide. We have resident PADI course director on site and very experienced staff instructors who take charge of all the training.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about diving, willing to learn and have a positive outlook on life. You don’t need to have much experience for the program.

For more details please contact Sandra at dive@iol.ie

Nice one Derek... looks like an awesome way to spend a summer!
If it weren't for wife, kids, 3 jobs and new Saluki lurcher pup i'd go for it myself :)

I know...was thinking the same myself :D
ah, to be young and carefree again...brilliant summer job and skills that could get you work at a dive resort anywhere in the world, great opportunity for someone.

Nice one Derek... looks like an awesome way to spend a summer!
If it weren't for wife, kids, 3 jobs and new Saluki lurcher pup i'd go for it myself :)
Hi Rob, did you buy that pup in Cork from a guy named Liam? If so I'd say you've got a good one there. Get him used to seeing and ignoring sheep, as soon and as often as possible.
On another note, has anyone been diving out in West Cork recently? I'm hankering after some scallops but not sure what the vis will be like in the bays after all the recent rain and big seas.

Hi lads... Was messing about with ways of mounting a gopro to the gun and got a bicycle seat post mount... Cost me €5.50 delivered from China, took about 3 weeks but with this weather I was in no rush... Was thinking of mounting it around the handle but it actually fits perfect around the muzzle of the Comanche... I know a few of us have this gun... Only thing was once it was mounted I thought the rubbers and wishbone could damage the casing so I turned it around and set the gopro for upside down mode....looks a lot safer... Will be closer to the fish too, I've noticed a lot of vids when the camera is mounted high up on the gun things seem smaller and further away... Won't know what it's like for a few weeks yet, won't be goin anywhere in these storms but anyone looking for a mount for a Comanche it's an idea anyway....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392289766.890674.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392289785.668041.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392289803.784187.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392289818.692812.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if it will be a bit muzzle heavy in the water, and possibly tangle in the shooting line? ...I know my xxv 75 is a bit heavy at the muzzle and over a long hunt it can put a bit of strain on my wrist. For that gun I mounted my Gopro near the handle and it actually balances the gun out better, its not as near to the fish though.

As soon as I use it I'll let you know.... Can't really tell by just holding it but I don't think it will tangle... The line is running over the plastic part of the mount on the curve and nothing blocking it but once I test it I'll have a better idea... If it doesn't work I can use the same mount near the handle but it will be right in the middle and could block the eyeline.... Got a headstrap and a wrist strap too so gonna try them all... All I need is some calm weather

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... All I need is some calm weather
It can't come soon enough...yesterday was wild. I haven't been down to see the damage it's done yet.
I tried mine on the headstrap and it worked ok when I was submerged but was out of the water when I was on the surface in shallow areas, yeah try them all and see what works best for you. I shot this one with the camera mounted just to the side of the handle.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT