• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ireland 2014

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
nice vid...remember commenting on that when you posted it before about the flatties... still yet to train my eye on them...thats gonna be my next goal for this yr... does the camera get in the way of loading when its on the side like that?

yeah its a bit more awkward but I still can load, its a lot easier if I push the camera forward out of the way when I'm loading so I think this year I'll mount it upside down and set it to record in upside down mode...that should keep it out of the way.

I'll mount it upside down and set it to record in upside down mode...that should keep it out of the way.[/quote]

great minds...

...for sure ;)
I'll have to see what it will work like on the new roller gun. I was thinking of mounting it on my chest and pointing it forward but it would have to be out of the way of the loading plate on my wetsuit. Which reminds me I need to get a new 5mm this year...I was looking at the Omer Camo 3D, its an open cell as far as I know, anyone here have one?

Ive come across shoulder mounts on ebay... keep it to right or left...the wrist mount looks ok but if your holding your gun with that hand will be sideways or blocked by gun... seen a strap that goes on side of mask too... all cheap on ebay

I always just duct tape the camera to the back of my gun, gives a nice angle looking down the barrel.

As soon as I use it I'll let you know.... Can't really tell by just holding it but I don't think it will tangle... The line is running over the plastic part of the mount on the curve and nothing blocking it but once I test it I'll have a better idea... If it doesn't work I can use the same mount near the handle but it will be right in the middle and could block the eyeline.... Got a headstrap and a wrist strap too so gonna try them all... All I need is some calm weather

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don't want to piss on your parade Kookie,but that will be un usable,it is the ideal location for a true POV movie ,but it will break your wrist trying to keep it stgraidgt.

you think it will be muzzle heavy or leaning to side the camera is on... if it was muzzle heavy could try these
http://www.subprof.com/tienda/product_info.php?products_id=15223&language=en&catID=1&nom=OMER STICK ON GUN WEIGHT

i could actually counteract the weight of camera by adding these to the other side of mount too..

Still doudtfull Kookie try removing the screw holding the handle onto the barrel ,replace with a length of stainless threaded bar ,protrudeing about 3'' out from the barrel ,weld on a small flat plate ,the same size as the gopro sticky back mounts ,and put 2 x 2mm screws through the mount and plate,then your camera and elbow joint fitting can just clik on and be angled whatever way you want,costs about a 5r to do,and is a deadly little set up.thats what I did.

If I knew how to post a picture I would,it would speak a 1000 words.

And if you need weights,go to your local tyre shop,the boy racers get sticky weights on their rims for the tracking,as they don't like the hammered on ones on their little balls of scrap

Last edited:
Cheers...have seen a lot of homemade mounts all seem to work and easy to do... But was thinking having the camera on the end of the gun would get much better vids... I'll try it anyway and if it's no good I'll have a back up in place... Might have a look at putting it vertically off the muzzle if that possible and counteract with extra weight on handle...never thought of getting the weights from tyre shop... Good idea that

Just a thought...If you do fit to the muzzle you could get a 'floaty' back door for the gopro casing to compensate for the extra weight but it's increasing the bulk and with that the ability to track from side to side.

Case against the buddy system right there.... Dunno about the one up but there's defo one down right there

Or a Mullet and you knee Derek ;):bigtears:

Lol...at least that was self inflicted and didn't require any surgical intervention. Might make for an interesting poll to see how many people have injured themselves with their knife while dispatching a fish. I know I did when it slipped off the fish and into the palm of my hand, only a small graze but that was down to the knife being a bit blunt. I now go in from the mouth and out just behind the eyes pointing the blade away from me :)

No probs with the fish but I've seen my brother twice screaming in agony from spider crab claws lol....very funny

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT