• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2008 World team championship - Sharm el Sheik

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yes, the team is me Will and Ant. Kerian was selected as the reserve but is not coming.

Dave,

Could you please give us some info about Will T.'s pool performances?

Thanks,
Balázs

Sorry Horvath, that wouldn't be a good idea ahead of a team competition!

But yes, we've managed to talk him into putting a monofin on. He had special footpockets made to accommodate his webbed toes.

Last edited:
Hmmm...Dave, Ant and Will with a monofin... Where can I bet some money on the winner? :)

Is Will using the monofin for CWT, DYN or both?

Hi All,
I will be coming but not in the team this year... instead I will be the (slightly intoxicated) safety diver taking care of your every need. (I really love being at a comp where I am not competing hahaha - I will try and convert other people to my milkshake & burger freediving diet)

See you in Sharm

Cheers Stavros

Do anyone knows is it still possible to pay for accommodation in hotel? I know the official date was 1st of August, but me and my friend just now got the money needed for that... And guys from hotel did not answer our e-mail...

*** It's all taken care now, tanx.

Last edited:
Oh Stavros! I wish I could come and be a safety diver with you, I like your style!

Unfortunately my 21 days off a year are already booked up : (

I won't be there :(

Unfortunately the organiser is not allowing individuals to compete at all this year and we don't have a Kiwi women's team. There are a few top level divers I know of in this situation which I think is unfortunate for the sport. I think the basis of this decision was that there would be too many people to put through if they allowed individuals, but they do have 12 days and only 3 events...

Admittedly I could have gone to be the reserve for the boys but it's a lot of money and time off work if I don't even get to dive.

Hi,

It's sure now that William can swim more than 150m with mono at the moment:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VGAk5BaFGY]YouTube - dynamic apnea training swim[/ame]

and still plenty of time for improvement...:)

Balázs

Hi All,
concerning what Katfish has wrote I would like to say that It is not a decision from the organisation but we have asked to AIDA and the answer was that beeing this a Team Championship the Team to be considered as so has to be of minimum two persons.

Ricky

Wait a second!

This is first time I have heard of this!! I have already payed plane ticket and accommodation in Sharm, and can you guess I am the ONLY Croatian that's coming this year! No one told me anything at all that I can not compete...

I have no words right now, this is TERRIBLE!!!

:(

We checked this a few months ago when I was looking at booking flights and there was much discussion amongst AIDA and the organiser with the Kiwis trying to come up with all sorts of ideas to be able to compete, but basically everything was rejected. The outcome was no individuals, alternates can't take part unless required for their team, minimum two for a team and no second teams, but I think mixed teams were allowed in the mens competition. This has not been the case in the past where individuals have been allowed to participate in the teams event.

I hope you've got really good travel insurance Goran. Your AIDA national should have let you know or I thought the organiser would have let you know when you submitted your entry form.

Well actually I have spoken with Bill about this, and he told me, do the unfortunate terms of events that occurred, I indeed can compete at championship. I hate this situation really, to be a exception at the competition... I don't know, I feel really bad at this time.

Edited: I will not attend, that's final, I think about it, and decided. I don't wanna go there and be a black sheep when others could not go like one man teem. So see you all next time... I'm just sorry it's all played out like this. And I'll get almost all my money bask so that's fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: apneaboy
any info from Egypt yet?
All my maps are old, does anyone know the latitude of Sharm?

Bill, try this: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?aq=t&rlz=1T4GGIC_enFR241FR241&q=sharm+el+sheikh"]sharm el sheikh - Google Maps[/ame]

No real news yet Bill but keep an eye on DB as we're going to have some bloggers coming from the comp.

Has anyone posted the starting lists on the internet?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT