• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2008 World team championship - Sharm el Sheik

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It is clearly the New Zealand men who will win the best suit competition!

Orca%2Bboys-1.jpg

Freediving Team World Championship 2008

This is such crap - my phone won't work in Russia so I can't get updates on the comp!!! Oh well, best of luck to everyone, hopefully i'll get some internet here and there...

Cheers from St Petersburg,
Ben

Tanx Simo!

First I was scared and confused... but then I realize it will be two days for constant ;)

interesting results, I still miss some names though!, Where is Henning? (please tell me you reached 70) where is Maria? I cross my fingers for all of you!!!

Nice results sofar! Good luck for the Slovakian Team (hope that Juraj will take the 100m), and for the Czech Team of course!:)

Regards,
Balázs

By the way, does anyone have the complete list of participants?

Many many thanks for that Jome.... it's a pity that there's
nothing on the championships web site.

About the protests, I heard that Trubridge lost his (he had touched
several time the rope close to the turn-around point) and Carrera also
lost his (he had completed SP with 1" delay).
There was a protest against Guillaume for his SP, but it was rejected so
his result stands.

I grabbed the line 4 times, all around the 87-88m mark as I stalled with a sticky left ear. The night before a dive I generally review all the ways I can be penalised or disqualified and visualise what I need to do to avoid them. However this was something I wasn't familiar with, as I have never had problems equalising before on a target dive.
35 points penalty for a few fumbles on the rope is a bitter pill to swallow. It means I will have to work extra hard on the pool disciplines to try and recoup.

Reactions: island_sands
Will, on Guillaume's blog I see yesterday, the hard decision was taken to put you off the starting lists as the reserve. Now I see the situation changed and you are back in the race. What's going on exactly?

EDIT: err, sorry for the confusion, this was in fact for the other William :duh

Last edited:
Reactions: island_sands
I grabbed the line 4 times, all around the 87-88m mark as I stalled with a sticky left ear. The night before a dive I generally review all the ways I can be penalised or disqualified and visualise what I need to do to avoid them. However this was something I wasn't familiar with, as I have never had problems equalising before on a target dive.
35 points penalty for a few fumbles on the rope is a bitter pill to swallow. It means I will have to work extra hard on the pool disciplines to try and recoup.

Stay relaxed Will! The comp is long enough, and anybody can make failure or a huge performance as well, till the end.

Regards,
Balázs

Last edited:
Reactions: Will
i like the title on the results sheet (2007!)

thanks for posting Jome, amazing amount of competitors. I'll be staying tuned.

Originally Posted by Wil

Ohh man, thats tough, stay relaxed, don't let it phase you, but allow it to focus you ( not that someone like you can be anymore focused!)

All the best!!

Reactions: Will
Any one has the starting list for 2d CW day?

do some one knows if MT solomon is diving the 2d day?

Saludos

Will,

Good luck on your next performances. Just kick out some awesome pool performances and you are back in the game. I have no doubt whatsoever you will kick ass.

Jome
Thanks for te update. The official site sucks and could not suck anymore than this. Rediculous for such an event . Anyway we will just have to gather the info for all the guys and girls on site.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT