• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2008 World team championship - Sharm el Sheik

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Feel free to check and make corrections :)
Thanks, Jome! Hope the results come there soon too :)

I just noticed a small typo at Jarmila Slovencikova - you have Solvencikova instead. Well, correctly it should be with diacritics Jarmila Slovenčíková, but then the diacritics is missing at almost all other Czech and Slovak freedivers, and it is not too important.

Hm, I see now that William Winram indeed does not start. As Guillaume wrote on his blog, he was not selected to start for the French team, because of inconsistent performances, although his absolute depth was better than at the 4th team member. I can imagine the pain of Will, and feel with him - it looks like Fortune is repeatedly against him - first he could not compete for the Canadian team, and now when he attempted to compete under French colors, he was not even permitted to start. Well, perhaps he could at least spend the resting days by training for a new world record and use the presence of the international judges for attempting it again.

I am also sorry for our DB resident Sanso, who failed his target depth, and wish him to compensate it in pool disciplines! Otherwise, I was positively surprised that there was only a single BO, and only 3 DQ the first day - I think it is quite below the average. Hope for even better score today and for the rest of the WC!

Reactions: sanso
Thank you Jome!
I just noticed a small typo at Jarmila Slovencikova - you have Solvencikova instead.
There's worse, a japanese guy (Katsuya Hamazaki) is listed as female...

Well at least the year is correct now:t

I am also sorry for our DB resident Sanso, who failed his target depth, and wish him to compensate it in pool disciplines! Otherwise, I was positively surprised that there was only a single BO, and only 3 DQ the first day - I think it is quite below the average. Hope for even better score today and for the rest of the WC!
Thanks, mate - that kind of a dive doesn't make for the best of days afterwards, but it's all better now. :)

Conditions today looked even worse than yesterday, with changing currents, loads of swell and bad wind picking up all the time, so I heard that the count of white cards is not the best ever. I haven't been out, though, so please, someone prove me wrong. Obviously, tomorrow the sea will by lying there like a pond and visibility will be all the way down to -100m ... - ah, well. At least this is a challenge.

out for lunch now, :D

Reactions: azapa
Today a sad day for Slovakia... Juraj got the tag, came up to the surface, looking not really well, tried to grab the line twice but missed, than his head tipped backwards in to the sea... :blackeye

Sorry to read about Juraj's BO... hope he is all right.

btw, looking at the list put together by Jome (it's indeed a pity that the
official web site doesn't give this kind of basic info), I see that he is the
only Slovakian. Is he doing a 1-man team or was he in a mix CZE team?

(and Jome, one of the greeks in your list seems to be in a german team,
probably a GRE/GER typo)

btw, looking at the list put together by Jome (it's indeed a pity that the official web site doesn't give this kind of basic info), I see that he is the only Slovakian. Is he doing a 1-man team or was he in a mix CZE team?
Sorry about Juraj too. He did easy 103m in the training there. There are also Martin Zajac and Michal Risian who are in the Slovak team, although in the result list (the photos, not Jome's register) they are listed with the abbreviation SLO, which is normally used for Slovenia and not for Slovakia. Jome has put incorrectly Martin and Michal into the Czech team.

Last edited:
Hi,

some news (and gossip) here

.:: Freedive Dahab News ::.

and here's the team result after the CWT

Males:
1.France, with 260 points
-Nery 98
-Maldame 85
-Bourchis 80

2.Greece, with 257 points
-Giankos 100
-Chatziaslan 85
-Tzaveraliz 72

3.Chzek Republic, with 247 points
-Stepanek 100
-Zlatuska 75
-Vala 72

Females:
1.Russia, with 205 points
-Molchanova 85
-Suryakova 55
-Avseenko 65

2.Japan, with 183 points
-Matsumoto 60
-Hirai 63
-Kitahama 60

3.USA, with 171 points
-Wilson 57
-Edwards 60
-Russell 53

Thanks for the pics with the final CWT results!

I don't understand some entries.
Francine Kreiss shows AP 50, RP 50, no penalties, and 0 points.
If I look at Juraj, who did 100m but had BO on the surface, his RP is 0.

It would be good to have the reasons for penalties or zero points
listed too... hopefully it will be so in a final version.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT