• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

200m deep down

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Will Patrick make the 200m barrier?

• Yes he will, and everything will be ok !!

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Yes, but with big problems...

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • No, he will "chicken out" and cancel the dive.

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • No, he did a try... but not really.

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • No, No, No...

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters
The profiles show an ascent speed of almost 3m/s - incredible. I wonder if he plans to slow down on the last 5m only on the 200m dive as well? :ko

For his 150m dives Umberto descended at 3m/s, but ascended slower and completed the last 40m or so FI

Check out www.patrickmusimu.com/QA.html !

According to Patrick he has already done 200 in training. He's got some amazing things prepaired for the attempt, I'm looking very much forward to the 200m documentry and films of training etc.!

Go Patrick go!

Love, peace and water!

Kars

Kars said:
Check out www.patrickmusimu.com/QA.html !

According to Patrick he has already done 200 in training. He's got some amazing things prepaired for the attempt, I'm looking very much forward to the 200m documentry and films of training etc.!

Go Patrick go!

Love, peace and water!

Kars

I can't see where he says he has allready been to 200 m :duh

Best of luck to him, i heard that after -100, there is no way to equal the ears. The diver is sleeping and forgetting to equalize the ears. ı hope he can do or pipin. Man can do what man want to do.

I can see where Kars may have misunderstood:

Last Paragraph: "I have NEVER attempted a record that I did not already achieve during training!" Later in the same paragraph: "If everything goes to plan, I will have reached the 200m before the record day."

So he is hoping to reach the 200 meters in training before the record day, but hasn't done so already.

Adrian

Hi Sedate,

What you say is not correct, the diver can equalize after 100m. I think that Patrick floods his sinuses which means he does not need to equalize anyway. I think many of the record divers reach recor depths prior to the record day. But as we have seen on many occassions doing a world record on the day set out with all the media, judges, pressure etc takes something extra and not everyone can do it.

Paul

Sorry guys I mis interperted Patricks words.
But I still think he can pull it off, he has done previous WR's so he knows about stress and how to handle it.
Generating al this publicity is really something, I hope Patrick's message gets through in the articles unaltered unspinned to fit 'the hero type figure'. Which is generally portraid in newspapers as a daring persistand and little naive lone soul putting his life on the scale for a 15 minutes of fame, and his name in the historybooks.

I rather see record holders as pioneers who advance techniques, discover them and display their mental growth into the depths of the ocean. Whom we can learn a lot.
Manny records give us new valuable insights, like Enzo's , Mayol, Pipin, Umberto, loic, Carlos, Martin, Tanya, Anabel, Herbert, Peter, Stig, Tom, etc, etc did.

I thank everyone for their contribution!

Kars

Will said:
For his 150m dives Umberto descended at 3m/s, but ascended slower and completed the last 40m or so FI

the ascent is what I mean...

Hi paul,
Let me try to explain what my idea is; as you know Loic leferme(Franso) did -162m in 2002, following the years in oct, 2004 he did -171m.(in ''No limits'' catogoary)
Patric musumi march, sept, 2004 just did -87(Constant). max dept his body suffered with -120m(variale).He is record is -120m as far as i know paul. From -120 meter to -200 meter, there is -80m and also there billion tons over you and millions of questions need to reply and also there is a word called ''-200meters''.
Your idea paul., is it easy to jump bottom of a stairs to eight steps up?
if i have any mistake, please correct me!.
Sedate

SEDATE said:
Hi paul,
Let me try to explain what my idea is; as you know Loic leferme(Franso) did -162m in 2002, following the years in oct, 2004 he did -171m.(in ''No limits'' catogoary)
Patric musumi march, sept, 2004 just did -87(Constant). max dept his body suffered with -120m(variale).He is record is -120m as far as i know paul. From -120 meter to -200 meter, there is -80m and also there billion tons over you and millions of questions need to reply and also there is a word called ''-200meters''.
Your idea paul., is it easy to jump bottom of a stairs to eight steps up?
if i have any mistake, please correct me!.
Sedate
I agree with you...

121.5 m at training so far !!
So is that his new record now?
That's when it start to get tricky then...
Will see how it goes.
It is really nice to be able to follow his dives

I was just thinking....

If Loïc and Tanya can do 170 ich with packing but no sinuses flooding
and Pipin and Audrey, 170 ich without packing but with sinuses flooding

Then why someone would not be able to go to 200 m with packing and sinuses flooding ?

Last edited:
I wonder if he is getting tested for silent bubbles at all - that looks like a really fast ascent from such a depth - must be a danger of DCS surely? After Benjamin Franz' experience I am very surprised anyone is taking such risks. Does Patrick talk about DCS avoidance anywhere? Is he training every day? I haven't seen anything on his site.

Whatever, I wish him luck. I made my first ever freedives with Patrick and he caught me at 12m on my first ever blackout.... a big inspiration to me!

Deepest Bear wants to go out there and ride that sled! is any one heading out there soon?

S

Day 8: 136.5 meters, only 63.5 meters to go...ONLY?!! :p

Attachments

• 14-June-web.jpg
    14-June-web.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 148
Respect for 136m in 8 Days... I wonder how his thorax/lungs are doing?
Good luck to him for the upcoming dives! :wave
Pat

He is far from his goal by now .....
The objective doesn't seem to be realistic.....
I think the progress in freediving has to be quiet slow (at depth) otherwise your body doesn't have the 'time' to adapt.

he's gonna do it... :)

it looks like a dive to 200m will take him around 3'00"... not that long considering the depth.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT