• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2014 lunocet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we expect a pool video?
A few 100m's dynamics would be nice, with various speeds, styles and settings if you can. Thanks!

A pool video will be coming... But a few 100's with a variety of techniques and speeds!?

FYI - I've never done 100m in training. I only train 25's and 50's for technique and have done only a handful of 75's.

I save my bigger performances for competitions. Probably just lazy.

Maybe you'll get the first 100m in practice from me. :D

Reactions: Ted Ciamillo
You can do the 50m too, I thought of including a turn in a real-live situation so we can see how that goes with the Lunocet 2014. :D

Because of the negative buoyancy I think a buoyant suit helps to keep level out and glide better. Have you tested this?
How is the dynamic speed range without adjusting? - I mean how wide of a range of speeds does it accommodates? My Hyperfins fin works for slow to medium speeds.
Is the Lunocet a viable option for competition dynamic, for depth competition?
How is the Lunocet in a recreational environment, such as kelp, current, caves, wrecks.
Is the use less, equal or more tiring?
How is he learning curve, is it more rewarding and fun?

Reactions: marginatus
Correction: Looks like I can't go back to edit my post - I did some more testing with the Orca this past weekend. You can effectively use knee-bend instead of undulation with these fins. This is by design for scuba and is something that can be tweaked by changing out the trim plates on the Dol-fin models. I'm correcting it here because I said it here - again; I don't know about the Lunocet because I've not tested it. Ted has a different system for that stuff. Further comments by me will be over at the Extreme Dolfinism thread instead of here.

Correction: Looks like I can't go back to edit my post
don't want to hijack the thread but you should be able to edit a post for up to 5 days after you posted it. Let me know which post you are trying to edit...

don't want to hijack the thread but you should be able to edit a post for up to 5 days after you posted it. Let me know which post you are trying to edit...
Hi Stephan, it's back on page three - but it is more than five days old - no worries. I just wanted to correct my error on the knee-bend issue.

A pool video will be coming... But a few 100's with a variety of techniques and speeds!?

FYI - I've never done 100m in training....

We know your can do 169m with your Starfin. Seems like 100m sets would be in your training sweet spot. I did a lot of 100m training sets when my max was in the 135 to 150 meter range.

Watching the video again, it looked as though you could have been on the edge after that last turn. You went from looking anxious with inconsistent technique before 150m to looking more relaxed after 150m. That is sometimes a sign of hypoxic impairment as the brain stops processing information. Was that a clean 169m dive, or is there a reason why the video was cut promptly after surfacing?

Last edited:
Totally do-able... I just don't train like anyone else I've ever met. :D

I just did dry training and 25-50m lengths (with no CO buildup / training on these) to train for my last comp.

After all... It's just technique + breath hold. I train them separately and then put them together only at comp time.

The stress is good for dive response and it stops me from over thinking it re: how it feels at 100m this time, or 125m, etc.

Just hold my breath and swim until I can't swim any more! It's a simple sport - best not to over think it. :D

I don't have easy access to a 50m pool presently, so my videos will be in a 25m pool.

I want to do a 100m swim "for Kars", but don't really want to do multiple... So...

I'm thinking of doing 25m small amp, 25m just ankles, 25m large amp and then a final 25m with small amp again.

Now that's a LOT for me to think about... So we'll see how that works out! LOL

That 169m was a white card dive. You can look it up on aidainternational.org

Pretty good analysis. I was on the edge. I have another video of the above-water footage and you see a slight samba. I did a quick / clean SP but without hook breaths and then sealed my lips, stopped respiring and awaited my white card. LOL

I was more mentally anxious to hit 150m and then turn and see how far i could go, as that was the gameplan.

I was totally lucid as I turned at 150m and was thinking about what a couple of friends surface-side would be saying / thinking as I turned.

The surface video proves I was right! :D

Legs were pretty fried after that.

He he AA, I'm just trying to think along you getting a useful and thorow review done, after all; it's your choice :D

Actually the 50m's are also the training method for me, as I often do not have a buddy, and thus have to limit myself to technique only.

Very disappointed as I have received 2 notices of tracking number being sent within 24 hours from Ciamillo,.. that was almost months ago. Finally got a call through and asked about the tracking info I was promised previously and got 'Got your info call ya back in a minute',... 1 week since. Called the credit card company today to start dispute proceedings. Tired of being run around. If you advertise and keep advertising a product 'in stock' then don't lie to the people that actually want to try your product.

Don't waste your time with the hassle like I have.

Hello Ecto1,

I am very sorry for the delays and frustration. We are getting an abnormally large amount of emails lately and it has been a real challenge to keep up with them. We have also had some long delays on production recently but we are bringing on new tooling every week. Please contact me at tciamillo@gmail.com and please title your email as "Urgent" so that I can find it quicker. I will make sure you are taken care of immediately and we will track the package right away. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Ted Ciamillo

New Lunocet looks great. My concern is speed, how well does this work? I've been trying to find speed stats about the new model but nothing around. I think a few people were testing it in this thread. No updates?

My monofin broke but looking to purchase.

Anyone have some rough stats maybe in comparison to a monofin? I've been using this baby for 3 years now. http://specialfins.com/eng_products.php?product_id=135

Poor thing is starting to snap in half from the foot pockets. :`(

Pointyman, I am supposed to get mine before the end of next week. There is an update coming that is more freedive-specific, and that is the one I will be getting. I hope to post some impressions and basic stats such as 25 yd swim times or over longer distances as I get used to it. Also, there are a few others here that plan on posting reviews and videos. My current fin is a Carbon Glide so it should be an interesting comparison! Ted, if you see this and have a chance to chime in with details on the update it would be interesting!

safe_image.php.jpeg

I tried the 2014 lunocet with a 3 litre yesterday in the pool. I am very impressed with the power transfer. I have a 60 sec video on my facebook account: "Ben Holden" and a heart profile taken from polar heart rate monitors profile that covered the 20 mins while bombing around the pool. I had the lunocet on level 3 out of the 4 and had an average heart beat of 127 bpm over the 20 mins. I am looking forward to trying the bigger flukes. At this moment in time I am more interested in fin swimming than free diving living on the Wirral in the UK. I am concentrating on outdoor sprints from island to island and across the river mersey etc. There is no clear warm water to free dive in just cold zero vis murky seas!

View attachment 37643

I tried the 2014 lunocet with a 3 litre yesterday in the pool. I am very impressed with the power transfer. I have a 60 sec video on my facebook account: "Ben Holden" and a heart profile taken from polar heart rate monitors online account that covered the 20 mins while bombing around the pool. I had the lunocet on level 3 out of the 4 and had an average heart beat of 127 bpm over the 20 mins. I am looking forward to trying the bigger flukes. At this moment in time I am more interested in fin swimming than free diving living on the Wirral in the UK. I am concentrating on outdoor sprints from island to island and across the river mersey etc. There is no clear warm water to free dive in just cold zero vis murky seas!

For an idea of the speed this fin does check out my video on facebook. Next week I will do another short video on the fastest setting. At the surface 25 mts in 20 seconds is not a problem. I was averaging that over 100 metre stretches and I have only used this fin 6 times!!!! Under water is even better and hence taking the short video with the scuba bottle!!!

It is also a hell of a lot of fun but really does have huge potential in the free diving fraternity!!!

You can do the 50m too, I thought of including a turn in a real-live situation so we can see how that goes with the Lunocet 2014. :D

Because of the negative buoyancy I think a buoyant suit helps to keep level out and glide better. Have you tested this?
How is the dynamic speed range without adjusting? - I mean how wide of a range of speeds does it accommodates? My Hyperfins fin works for slow to medium speeds.
How is the Lunocet in a recreational environment, such as kelp, current, caves, wrecks.

Buoyancy is everything!!!!!!

Experiment with the buoyancy as that is everything. Mr Bogdan's glide fins are very buoyant!
Putting the lunocet on instead of a glide fin with your standard kit and the person will be a fair bit lower in the water.
I have adjusted mine for using a 3 litre tank with some swimming pool float and a weight. No moon walking at all!

The answers to your questions are put it on and get finning. What have got to loose??????

View attachment 37643
...I have a 60 sec video on my facebook account: "Ben Holden" and a heart profile taken from polar heart rate monitors profile that covered the 20 mins while bombing around the pool....

Will you please supply some links so that folks can find this material? There are a lot of Ben Holden profiles on facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT