• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2014 lunocet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the lunocet pro is primarily being marketed at the freediving community where efficiency is the most important consideration, but I'm more interested in it's potential for speed, does anyone out there know how it compares to a quality monofin in this respect , are there any competitive sprinters trying it out.

I agree about time being right for the new thread Marco. I approached Ted suggesting he start the new thread. He tossed it back to me. 2015 LUNOCET PRO is now open!!!!

Marco I think you are the first with time in the water. Could you please get us started!

Thanks!
Chip
I couldn't find your new thread so I've continued this one for the time being ,sorry.

Hello i'm italian and I ordered and paid for a lunocet on the 22th February 2014.I paid to Terrel Ciamillo $330.00 USD.Then I sent him a message on the 7th of June (with the title of "Urgent" as he wrote to do in this forum) and he said that the product was headed out that day and that he would send me over tracking shortly.But i haven't recieved any tacking number yet.I also tried to call him to ask some explanations and he said that i would send me all.
Has anyone other similar dealing experiences with Ted like me?

Silvio,

I am headed into the shop now. I will check on your order and find out what happened. From the price you paid, it looks like you ordered the classic and that should have left. It is possible that your order was lumped in with the Pro orders and I have only just started shipping the Pros after a long delay for revision. Whatever the case, I will get you sorted immediately.

Has anyone other similar dealing experiences with Ted like me?

You have my sympathies Silvio, you are definitely not alone there with these experiences. See my case: https://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/a-finswimmer-wannabe-dilemma.102227/page-2#post-939473

Don't hold your breath (pun intended ;) if you get a tracking number either. I got mine a month ago, USPS still says they never received a physical package to deliver, just electronical pre-info. And no responses from Mr. Ciamillo by email. Ted, what is explanation this time, if you happen to read this?

You have my sympathies Silvio, you are definitely not alone there with these experiences. See my case: https://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/a-finswimmer-wannabe-dilemma.102227/page-2#post-939473

Don't hold your breath (pun intended ;) if you get a tracking number either. I got mine a month ago, USPS still says they never received a physical package to deliver, just electronical pre-info. And no responses from Mr. Ciamillo by email. Ted, what is explanation this time, if you happen to read this?
Hi FinSailor,

Sorry for the problems. Silvio was easy to research because I could look up his name. Please email with "FinSailor" in the title and I will get you sorted right away. I have been super busy with getting product out so I have not had time to get through all my emails properly. I am working on that now that the new 2015 Pro is done and shipping.

Last edited:
Hi FinSailor,

Sorry for the problems. Silvio was easy to research because I could look up his name. Please email with "FinSailor" in the title and I will get you sorted right away. I have been super busy with getting product out so I have not had time to get through all my emails properly. I am working on that now that the new 2015 Pro is done and shipping.

So I shouldn't get my hopes up, since my tracking number on USPS came up empty. I ordered my fin on - wait for it - the 9th of december 2013... Still no delivery. Paid $399. No show on the delivery as of yet... I first got upgraded from 2014 to 2014 Pro and then the latest upgrade to 2015 Pro. And now I just got a number to an electronic pre-info... Well if it's not converting into a delivery this time... man. I will be all over you Ted. My training buddy got his in April... I missed out on DYN in the National Champinships and this summer seasons training camp.

Reactions: finSailor
Hi FinSailor,

Email sent.

Another patient customer left in the dark, one of many I'm starting to suspect, because Ted did not acquire (enough) reinforcements to handle communication.

Ted, now the production apparently is ramping up, HIRE an ADMININISTRATOR to go through all your emails, and lay that side-by side your delivery list, and GET IN TOUCH with each undelivered customer ASAP. JUST DO IT.

Thank to everybody for reply to me. I feel less lonely about that. Sorry for my not perfect english.
This is Ted's reply by mail:

"Hi Silvio,
I am sorry that this order got lost. I am going to upgrade you to the new Pro and will have it out for you on Tuesday. I am very sorry for the problems - I have been very distracted with unexpected changes that were required of the product. The plus is that you will be getting a far better fin that retails for $500.00.
I will send tracking on Tuesday"

I hope that Ted will keep his last promise.Unfortunatly this last summer i dreamed to try it in the deep sea of the Sardigna island in Italy.I hope that it will become reality for the next summer. Nevertheless I trust in Ted yet.

Sorry you guys have been left hanging!
hang-20in-20there-2c-20red-20tree-20frogs2.jpeg

It has been kind of you to post those shipping concerns in this older 2014 thread instead of the new 2015 Lunocet Pro thread. The difficulties in development have been experienced as delayed shipping.

It sounds like you have a lot of expertise to bring to the discussion..... Once your Lunocets finally arrive. ( Good to read Ted's reassurance). Things are actually moving ahead. It looks like you'll receive a fin you can enjoy.

Please consider joining us on the 2015 Lunocet Pro thread! We'd enjoy reading your experiences!

Silvio, I truly understand your situation. I'm also still just waiting, with new promises etc.

However, I'd consider twice before publishing e-mails between you and Ted. I've not done it because those emails are still kind of confidential between buyer and seller. Maybe it is just me. Maybe Ted promised you something that was only for you and maybe he is not willing to make equal promises to other people reading this thread?

However, I do understand your frustration and your need to create a pressure to get things moving. We are sailing in the same boat. I have to admit, that if the day comes when this endless play ends with bas results, I might go further expressing my feelings here..

Chipswim the problem is not experiencing problems in development as shipping problems. The problem is the information the buyers get and the notion that this is selling a product and not an idea. Its a lot of promises. "I'll have it in the mail tomorrow" is the message I've gotten the most. No "We have development problems". And taking $399 in 2013 and struggling to deliver in 2014 is not OK. Then its a Kickstarter and the customers should be treated as investors. And then if ever, the pressure is on to give up to date info. But hopefully we'll get the best fin in the world and Ted will win this in the end. Still an open question...

I remember all that too. It's a lot more fun when you get one to swim with. Hopefully it will begin to gain attributes of a viable commercial venture.

And it's in the mail. Let's see if it gets to Sweden before the Stockholm Championships on 11th of December. My DYN has never developed into anything. This is my first monofin and my technique will develop solely from this invention. As a dormant triathlete, I look forward to using my carbon sole shoes in the water.
LunocetOnItsWay.PNG

Good for you @Martin Rask . My tracking NEVER got even to that point, it's still in "pre-shipment" status - over a month and counting. Perhaps USPS lost it, maybe not.

@Ted Ciamillo promised a new one: "Will have tracking in an hour." - three days ago. On top of that, he is again non-responsive to email. It seems that this is a never-ending story..

finSailor - I did send you the tracking and I did upgrade you to the Pro. You are getting a unit that sells for $200 more than you paid. I will post your tracking here as well and you will notice that it has left a few days ago:

CJ194074254US www.usps.com

Reactions: finSailor
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT