• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2014 lunocet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mOkhZWAcqOn-Ep1GZixITAg.jpg

;) :D

Thanks for the write up and the pic, Chip. I'm more and more excited about receiving my 2015 Pro someday. Ted better get it here soon, or so help me I'll break a hole in the ice at the local lake when the time finally comes! ;) In the mean-time I'm working on my dolphin stroke, and having fun swimming as often as I can (inland lake, great lake, pool). Working on my breath-holding too. I haven't clocked it yet--I'm just pushing it. Did some experimenting with pushing past contractions, and that went well.

By way of an update: I'm looking at just a little over a month since I placed the order, and counting.

I know he's intent on getting them to us. At my level of talent monofinning with out a monofin like you just described is pretty much a bored to death nearly stationary activity..... With a nice fin it turns to gliding euphoria.

Partly write in here to get the finless ones through to delivery day..... Much easier for all of us after that!

Enjoyed your very well written business plan! Hope the concept grows large and strong enough to support a staff as you described.

Last edited:
Based on everything I've seen, I'm sure he's intent on getting them to us as well, otherwise I would have already cancelled the charge. It's just the utterly unknown between-time that has me concerned.

Yes, dolphining without a fin is pretty slow by comparison, but to date the fastest movement I do underwater (without fins) starts as a dolphin and ends by sweeping down and sideways to bring my hands to my sides as I complete a kick. I actually did some distance apnea in the pool today using only a less strenuous/slower version of that same stroke, with success, but the original/faster stroke uses a lot of oxygen, so it's only good with frequent surfacing. I think I would say it's sort of an underwater butterfly.

As far as a business plan, I can actually relate to Ted's determination to do it all himself. I don't know who's doing his media for him, but I was impressed with the latest animation on his site which was posted to facebook, and the graphics involved. My area of expertise is actually websites, and as the perfectionist that I am I would prefer to do a website all myself, but I saw that in order to really do a quality job in a realistic time-frame, with the many different (and often opposing) disciplines involved in doing a really effective website, it is much better to have a number of people specializing and focusing on the different, unique areas (content, graphics, programming).
To date I also have a few years of department management experience for one of the nicest and most backwards (business-wise) small companies you'd ever care to know, and that has given me a unique perspective on how NOT to grow a business, so this is part of where I'm coming from. Ted is not headed for growth, in my opinion, in tackling the many facets of such a business by himself. He will likely get exactly what he is after--quality born of meticulous attention to detail, and we will all be happy to benefit from that--but not growth. At least not what I would consider to be growth (being in a position where day-to-day is handled so well that you're able to pour excess time and energy into growing your customer base and stay ahead of/lead the market with your product by evolving, improving and otherwise adding value). I think it's safe to say that if a company is not prepared to take on additional customers/business in their day-to-day work flow, they are not prepared to grow. I will say I'm pretty amazed with what Ted has done/is doing by himself here, omitting the extraordinary promise/fulfillment disconnect.

Cheers for helping us get through to our delivery dates. Hope to see more info from people on their lunocets as time goes by, and really looking forward to throwing mine in there.

Ted just posted a closeup of the 2015 peduncle (pic, not drawing) on the Lunocet Facebook page and website. It is one of the nicest looking images yet...

Nice pictures ! Would be even nicer to actually have the fin to swim/dive with... ; )

In the midst of all this anticipation, I would like to share another "wish list" feature for the Lunocet.

Not wanting to get ahead of myself (still need to receive the fin and confirm how well it functions), but I would like to eventually open up a hydrotouring centre somewhere in the Greek islands (there is also a location in Thailand on the cards) which will also be a facility where someone can come and experience these fins for the first time and also be taught how to swim with them.
One prerequisite in order to be able to do this, is an additional technical feature. This would be an interface that will allow the use of traditional long fin foot pockets (such as Omer Stingray).
This device would be an aluminum plate similar to the existing one, adapted to connect to rubber foot pockets that can simply screw and unscrew to the fin.
Simple enough, but it will allow a much easier way of using the fin by being able to have foot pockets in all sizes that can then be simply attached and used interchangeably depending on demand.
Although they might loose a little power transfer efficiency compared to cycling shoes, rubber foot pockets are a much more user friendly and versatile way to start out for someone who is potentially using a monofin for the first time.
That, and it also makes it possible for a business to have less fins along with an assortment of foot pocket sizes.

Noa, I've thought of using fiberglass sheet or aluminum and making an interface that would fit a foot pocket on one end, like a longfin blade, and six holes to bolt to the Lunocet foot plates on the other. I'm not sure if that would provide enough support though, as longfins use the lateral stays for reinforcement. I will probably just have to try it and see what happens. It could be as simple as a short adapter plate. There are some times that I would prefer to use footpockets (such as days that I want to take a bicycle ride also-the shoes on my Lunocet are my "good shoes".)

Reactions: Fredd
Just spoke with Ted.

I have known what was in-store and being developed for quite some time...

Having said that, he has re-excited me about the 2015 Pro, based on his impressions and how the entire "system" is working together... I can't wait to put it through its paces!

Reactions: neurodoc
Good to hear! Also had a quick visit. I liked that he spoke of entering "production phase". That means he's liking the utility of what he is creating. No small achievement.

Noa... That does raise questions about how Lunocets may be discovered and used? I think it's interesting that you are considering starting dive destinations in two beautiful locations.

I wonder how they'd be received in tourist locations along side regular rental dive gear or water toys? It's nice that you are looking for ideas that help get fins on the people.

722.jpg
44.jpg
22.jpg

Nice pictures ! Would be even nicer to actually have the fin to swim/dive with... ; )

In the midst of all this anticipation, I would like to share another "wish list" feature for the Lunocet.

Not wanting to get ahead of myself (still need to receive the fin and confirm how well it functions), but I would like to eventually open up a hydrotouring centre somewhere in the Greek islands (there is also a location in Thailand on the cards) which will also be a facility where someone can come and experience these fins for the first time and also be taught how to swim with them.
One prerequisite in order to be able to do this, is an additional technical feature. This would be an interface that will allow the use of traditional long fin foot pockets (such as Omer Stingray).
This device would be an aluminum plate similar to the existing one, adapted to connect to rubber foot pockets that can simply screw and unscrew to the fin.
Simple enough, but it will allow a much easier way of using the fin by being able to have foot pockets in all sizes that can then be simply attached and used interchangeably depending on demand.
Although they might loose a little power transfer efficiency compared to cycling shoes, rubber foot pockets are a much more user friendly and versatile way to start out for someone who is potentially using a monofin for the first time.
That, and it also makes it possible for a business to have less fins along with an assortment of foot pocket sizes.
Can't you do the same whit Tri shoes? very easy to put on (easier then rubber FP) and can be purchases around the same price range... can´t be more user friendly then putting on a shoe :)
Great to hear about your project ideas!

I just put my carbon Glide fin on the classifieds because I like my Lunocet better. Yes, I like it that much! Just sold my Waterways Nemo last week, so I'm going Luno from now on ;^)

Properly sized / efficient hyperfin footpockets are like Chinese foot binding, compared to cycling shoes. :D

I am presuming everyone has now seen this...

2015 Lunocet Pro is Here!

Hi Guys,

The new Luno-Pro is poised to begin breaking records in the sport of freediving. And it will change forever the way the average person can experience the underwater world.

The new 2015 Pro is available at $499 plus shipping. Get your order in this week and I will get you free shipping anywhere in the world!

How to Order:
Due to the fact that everything you see here is made by me in my shop. I have to cycle projects through the equipment. As a result, lead times vary continually. Some things are readily available (in stock). Others are currently in production and available soon. And some are in development. I prefer to discuss an order with you via email or phone and then send you a Paypal invoice. Paypal invoices do not require a Paypal account; there will be a link to pay using your credit card if you do not have an account.

To place an order, please email me about which product you are interested in at tciamillo@gmail.com or call me at 770-364-7933. I will give you lead time and then send you a Paypal invoice.

Thanks,
Ted Ciamillo

Yes, it was a unique feeling to receive an e-mail offer for a product he promised to ship 3 weeks ago. Maybe if I order again? Can you enter as many times as you like? ;)

Reactions: noa
Yes, it was a unique feeling to receive an e-mail offer for a product he promised to ship 3 weeks ago. Maybe if I order again? Can you enter as many times as you like? ;)
Yeah, a bit like a lottery ticket the Lunocet saga so far...
Keeping hopeful that it will eventually flow smoothly for us all.

I am presuming everyone has now seen this...

2015 Lunocet Pro is Here!

Hi Guys,

The new Luno-Pro is poised to begin breaking records in the sport of freediving. And it will change forever the way the average person can experience the underwater world.

The new 2015 Pro is available at $499 plus shipping. Get your order in this week and I will get you free shipping anywhere in the world!

How to Order:
Due to the fact that everything you see here is made by me in my shop. I have to cycle projects through the equipment. As a result, lead times vary continually. Some things are readily available (in stock). Others are currently in production and available soon. And some are in development. I prefer to discuss an order with you via email or phone and then send you a Paypal invoice. Paypal invoices do not require a Paypal account; there will be a link to pay using your credit card if you do not have an account.

To place an order, please email me about which product you are interested in at tciamillo@gmail.com or call me at 770-364-7933. I will give you lead time and then send you a Paypal invoice.

Thanks,
Ted Ciamillo

Due to the bold letters and explanation marks I initially thought Noa got his 2015 version.
But is was just another set of announcements/promises . It's difficult with the delivery history to take such announcements at face value.

Maybe Ted has to set a tweak-time limit, and run with a good enough configuration and run production to fill in the outstanding orders. Getting those who are waiting months at least a swim able fluke. If the spring isn't perfect, you can cheaply sent one extra later, but the users got in the water...

I do not have an order at this moment, nor the money to do so, but if I was considering to try one, I would wait for the Deeperblue forum members to have received theirs before ordering. A new flood of orders may belate the older orders even more. I would wait with ordering until others had received their flukes and there are others readily in stock.

Maybe Ted could reverse the payment option to paying when the finished fluke is ready for shipment. This way the time between paying and receiving is short, and people do not have to doubt if their fluke will actually be there some day.

I'm sorry for the long tirade, I really hope Ted can become more customer friendly, not breaking promises and having people wait without notice or compensation. Ted is there really no one you can trust enough to do the customer communication or other tasks?

==============
p.s.

Amendment:

Hours after this posting Marco W posted his report about having received his 2015 Lunocet model. So it is proven that the 2015 model is truly delivered. This makes my opinion move a a bit to the favourable side, though the numerous disappointed clients, who were and perhaps still are waiting on their fluke are still having me worried about delivery times and customer communication and care. This delivery report exceeded my expectation I had off the email cited in the quote and the delivery history. In all I hope this all improves, though for now I'm still weary.

Last edited:
Reactions: noa
I do have to confirm what Ted was writing...
Here it is... and dam it`s a amazing Sports gear!
At first i had to cut a bit my shoes to fit on the Luno, and then directly into the pool.
I used the strongest setting and had some problems to find the right frequency of my own movement to get in speed, but then it was amazing, i was allone, and so it was difficult to count the time.
the pool is 50m x ~ 18m and for the 18m i needed round about 15sec.
after 1 hour of using i had to rest...i called Ted and had to compliment him for his work!
For all who have and had doupt`s this fin is the best i ever used...
Time for the new Thread!!!!

Attachments

• DSC05817.JPG
    DSC05817.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 182
Great news! Perhaps the dam has broken!

More details please....

Last edited:
I do have to confirm what Ted was writing...
Here it is... and dam it`s a amazing Sports gear!
At first i had to cut a bit my shoes to fit on the Luno, and then directly into the pool.
I used the strongest setting and had some problems to find the right frequency of my own movement to get in speed, but then it was amazing, i was allone, and so it was difficult to count the time.
the pool is 50m x ~ 18m and for the 18m i needed round about 15sec.
after 1 hour of using i had to rest...i called Ted and had to compliment him for his work!
For all who have and had doupt`s this fin is the best i ever used...
Time for the new Thread!!!!
I agree about time being right for the new thread Marco. I approached Ted suggesting he start the new thread. He tossed it back to me. 2015 LUNOCET PRO is now open!!!!

Marco I think you are the first with time in the water. Could you please get us started!

Thanks!
Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT